Release Super Geometry Dust

There comes a point where I just want to play a quick game. I want to get the highest score, but I do NOT have 15-30 minutes to play.
For this reason I really like the idea of 0 lives, 5 of each bomb, an upgraded single laser, and nothing awarded for points. The games would be quick, difficult, and a hell of a lot of fun.

Edit: Every time I close my eyes I see Yellow Stars and Purple Diamonds surrounding me, and quad laser firing like mad.... Yay for the Tetris Effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll start looking into allowing the difficulty to increase indefinitely this evening. I'll confess that I haven't stayed alive long enough to need that, so that's why it never got that high on my priority list... :D I've got some ideas though, and you guys have made some great suggestions. :)

Haven't played the new version with all this extra stuff yet, but my best score with the old version is just over 750k so far.

Interested to see what I will get with the new version, looks as though I may get more B) I don't really have any particular tactics. I always seem to end up with at least 3 bombs left over from forgetting to use them.

Actually, the main tactic I use I suppose is DESTROY ALL ASTEROIDS! Once you get too many on the screen they are much harder to get rid of than the spawning nasties!

Don't know if this is still relevant, but I get the wifi disconnectiong (or slow down) with some of my ogles ports too. This includes FallingUp and rRootage.

It seems to be connected to the sgx beeing used somehow.

Aight, PokeParadox let's see you top this. B)

View attachment 597

Yes, that is a retarded 8million.

Well... I'm sorry I took so long getting a screenshot here, been offline for a couple of days..

And no I can't beat that score not in the short term anyhow!

Here's my screenies! (Beat my previous 2.6 million score)

Congratulations on your pummelling of my score! :)

screen120529-172439.pngscreen120529-172446.png

Bug report:

Sometimes asteroids dissapear when shooting them. Dunno what triggers it, but twice now I've seen entire asteroids poof out of existence after a shot or two, and it's happened with the bigger chunks of asteroids a few times too.

And it's still possible to bomb after death. :(

Bug report:

Sometimes asteroids dissapear when shooting them. Dunno what triggers it, but twice now I've seen entire asteroids poof out of existence after a shot or two, and it's happened with the bigger chunks of asteroids a few times too.

And it's still possible to bomb after death. :(

Ok, I've got a pretty big update I'm working on, so I'll add those to the list. :)

I'm kind of surprised you're still able to bomb after death, though.. Are you *sure* you're not hitting it RIGHT before you die?

Ok, I've got a pretty big update I'm working on, so I'll add those to the list. :)

I'm kind of surprised you're still able to bomb after death, though.. Are you *sure* you're not hitting it RIGHT before you die?
It should be impossible to bomb right before death when there isn't a shooting enemies or large asteroids around. At first I thought it might have just been a shot that killed me, but it happened again with no shooting enemies around. If I was bombing right before death, I wouldn't have died because the enemies would be all blowed up ;) .

Can't wait for the update :D .

It should be impossible to bomb right before death when there isn't a shooting enemies or large asteroids around. At first I thought it might have just been a shot that killed me, but it happened again with no shooting enemies around. If I was bombing right before death, I wouldn't have died because the enemies would be all blowed up ;) .

Hmm.. But that would require knowing whether or not you will die in the near-future. I don't know how I would do that. :) What may have happened is you hit a tiny asteroid fragment...? I'm planning on making bombs have more of an effect on asteroids, so that should help if that's the case. :)

Hmm.. But that would require knowing whether or not you will die in the near-future. I don't know how I would do that. :) What may have happened is you hit a tiny asteroid fragment...? I'm planning on making bombs have more of an effect on asteroids, so that should help if that's the case. :)
You could check how long between detonation and player death and weather or not the bomb actually killed anything. If it didn't and the time window is stupidly small at least refund the bomb?

Okay, I'm unable to replicate it... I think I might have just been wrong about my bomb count and thought it was -1 when it hadn't changed. Not sure, but since I was unable to replicate it I was probably just mistaken :) .

Found another bug though ;)

If you pause in game, then pause again on the count down screen, then quit and start a new game, the remaining time counts down before it starts the new game. Not even worth fixing, but was still fun to find :)

This game is AWESOME!

And I post here with one small request: can you make an option in menu to use inverted BW colors? I play mostly on the go, outside. And it's summer, and the sun is shining like crazy, and even with highest LCD brightness I barely can see anything. But if the background was white, and all speceships and aliens were black - it would work great. Can you do that?

can you accept bitcoins?
I had actually never heard of that until now... Is it easy to set up a way to receive/convert them? If so then sure. :)

I think it's easy - you need to download the opensource client from bitcoin.org, start it up and wait few hours when it will be downloading a full list of all transactions that happened between everyone (that's how the system works, records are public and constantly being encrypted, it's called "block chain"). The client will create a file for you: wallet.dat, depending on your platform it will be in one or another directory, I'm sure you will find this file - if you will have troubles finding it, I will help you.

Be careful about this file because it contains private keys to your bitcoin address (private keys are created with elliptic curve cypher). But the private key itself isn't encrypted (yet). So this file is basically your wallet: you lose it - you lose all your money. Somebody makes a copy of this file - he stole your money. You can make backups of this file, but better if you encrypt them with some software.

Each time you send some money somewhere a new address is used (initially wallet contains 100 adresses). So after you send money 100 times somewhere, you will need to make another backup copy, because the old one will not contain the newly created address. Also if you click in the client "new address", you will need to update your backup copy.

That should keep you safe when you start using it. But since bitcoin is becoming popular, some bitcoin-gadgets appear free to download, which appear to be doing something cute, but in fact they only search for file wallet.dat and send it to the author of that program. I'm wondering when viruses will start hunting for wallet.dat... and by that time it certainly will need to be encrypted natively.

You can sell your bitcoins on several different sites, a full list of them is on bitcoincharts.com, from there you can find a link directly to the site.

I had actually never heard of that until now... Is it easy to set up a way to receive/convert them? If so then sure. :)
I hope that this doesn't sound too complex for you? When you have bitcoin client running, you only need to copy/paste your receiving address and write it here (it is a seemingly random string of characters), and everyone & me will be able to send you bitcoins to this address.

I am obsessed about security issues, so that's why I wrote about wallet.dat and why be careful. Usually that is not a problem (especially on linux/ubuntu), just a thing to keep in mind.

And how about this BW inverted color scheme?

You know what you should put in? A Caravan mode. If you're not familiar with Star Soldier, it's basically a timed mode where you have to get as many points as possible (typically in either 2 or 5 minutes). When time runs out, the game ends (though it can end before if you run out of lives). If this game had a Caravan Mode, the difficulty should probably increase faster, as well as your laser. Maybe you can be given an extra bomb at a particular time instead of by points.

Back