Release Super Geometry Dust

For those who do not know how to manually mount a pnd and edit the file, I appended the modified start-script. This must be copied to the appdata-folder of SuperGeometryDust. You must know or find out where that is on your Pandora and change the path to something like:

<your_appdata_folder>/SuperGeometryDust-23703/

However there is a small flaw about this fix: If the pnd is being updated and the start-script is being changed in more than the above fix, then still your manually copied script will be launched, which misses the new changes. So remember to delete the script out of the appdata-folder once the pnd is being fixed.

Blah, I'm not allowed to append a script. So here is the content:

Code:
NUB0=`cat /proc/pandora/nub0/mode`

NUB1=`cat /proc/pandora/nub1/mode`

echo "absolute" > /proc/pandora/nub0/mode

echo "absolute" > /proc/pandora/nub1/mode

sleep 1s

./SuperGeometryDust

echo $NUB0 > /proc/pandora/nub0/mode

echo $NUB1 > /proc/pandora/nub1/mode

Open a terminal, change path to the appdatafolder of SGD, run "touch run_game.sh" and "mousepade run_game.sh", copy the above into the mousepad-editor, save the file and finally run "chmod +x run_game.sh".

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• run_game.sh.zip
    285 bytes · Views: 170
Don't sleep, use

Code:
if [ -e /usr/pandora/scripts/op_nubchange.sh ]; then

/usr/pandora/scripts/op_nubchange.sh absolute absolute

else

echo absolute > /proc/pandora/nub0/mode

echo absolute > /proc/pandora/nub1/mode

fi

because you can never know how much sleep is enough, system may be busy and take longer, they may change future kernels again and so on.

This is probally one of the best games I ever played !!!!

It would be nice to have a half speed mode in the options ...

Thanks Bud

Does this game have a readme?

Is there items to capture to get multiple firing ?

Hi guys,

I've (finally) updated SGD. :) Sorry for the delay! I actually had no idea it was having issues starting on the latest Pandora firmware... O_O I thought I had subscribed to this thread, but I guess not.

Anyway, here is what has changed:

This brings Super Geometry Dust to version 2.0!

NEW FEATURES:

- New game mode! Scavenge ammo from enemies in SCAVENGER MODE! Use the new TIME WARP special power to help you collect ammo!

- Re-tuned Meteor Shower Mode! Use the new Vortex special power to help you clear asteroids!

- Much nicer looking particle effects!

Other enhancements:

- Fixed issue where .pnd would not start on the latest Pandora firmware

- Performance enhancements

- Various small bug fixes

http://repo.openpand...metryDust-23703

Please let me know if you find any issues! I'll make sure to subscribe to this thread this time. ;)

This is better than the older version simply because it works properly, but a couple of things I'm not fond of:

- The changes to the particle effects: I don't think that the new ones look "much nicer" at all; they look ugly to me. The old effects were plain, but they were sharp. These new ones, on the other hand, are blurry, and they stand in sharp contrast to the sharp vector-like graphics everywhere else in the game.

- I don't much like the new mode. It's a nice idea that could work in theory, but the problem is the nubs' inaccuracy (caused by auto-calibration) combined with the way you shoot means it's impossible to aim precisely enough. The only way you can shoot with enough accuracy is to use digital controls, and that only gives you eight directions.

- I don't much like the new mode. It's a nice idea that could work in theory, but the problem is the nubs' inaccuracy (caused by auto-calibration) combined with the way you shoot means it's impossible to aim precisely enough. The only way you can shoot with enough accuracy is to use digital controls, and that only gives you eight directions.
You should always play a warm up round just for nub callibration...

- The changes to the particle effects: I don't think that the new ones look "much nicer" at all; they look ugly to me. The old effects were plain, but they were sharp. These new ones, on the other hand, are blurry, and they stand in sharp contrast to the sharp vector-like graphics everywhere else in the game.

This has been pretty polarizing on the iOS version. :D Lots of people like it, some just hate it. I'll add an option to use the old particles in the next release.

You should always play a warm up round just for nub callibration...
I have the problem that my nubs starting fine but loosing calibration pretty often, during heavy SGD gameplays. SGD is actualy the "worst" game for nubs because they tend to loose their calibration so often. You can play with D-Pad and buttons but it's just not the same. :(

It's not SGDs fault of course. Future Hardware like Pandora 2 really should have better analog Nubs that not re-calibrate during gaming sessions.

Thank you very much, wermy!

Played SGD during my train ride this morning and I still love this game!

Just played the update, I dig it, I'll try and come up with some positive feedback on the graphics that folks are griping about, I think it's super awesome of you to incorporate the old style in your next release regardless, but I'm think there might be a happy medium? I'm babbling.

Donation sent! It's games like this, and those brought in from other platforms that are part of the backbone of the Pandora. I've said it before, but my initial reason for purchasing was to emulate retro stuff. I moreso find myself playing quality games like Super Geometry Dust, Forget Me Not, Spheres of Chaos, and yes, PewPew2. I don't like to use touch screens on someone else unit beyond minor testing, so that's why I prefer SGD over PP2.

Another feature request: remember my superweapon choice for the next game, and remember my name for the high score table. You don't have to serialize it and remember it across processes, just remembering it during one run of SGD would be great. Thanks!

Just played the update, I dig it, I'll try and come up with some positive feedback on the graphics that folks are griping about, I think it's super awesome of you to incorporate the old style in your next release regardless, but I'm think there might be a happy medium? I'm babbling.

Donation sent! It's games like this, and those brought in from other platforms that are part of the backbone of the Pandora. I've said it before, but my initial reason for purchasing was to emulate retro stuff. I moreso find myself playing quality games like Super Geometry Dust, Forget Me Not, Spheres of Chaos, and yes, PewPew2. I don't like to use touch screens on someone else unit beyond minor testing, so that's why I prefer SGD over PP2.

Thanks, Link! I really appreciate it. :)

Another feature request: remember my superweapon choice for the next game, and remember my name for the high score table. You don't have to serialize it and remember it across processes, just remembering it during one run of SGD would be great. Thanks!

Sure, I can do that. I'll still have to at least show the laser selection screen in case you want to change it, though.

Thank you wermy for your update. One of my favourite games on Pandora. Just had to express this in coins :) .

Back