Release Super Hexagon (full version)

Hmm, I just bought a copy of this using paypal, from the repo, but after the paypal transaction was complete it bounced me back to the repo via disractionware, but landed up on a misconfigured page on the repo (with "app=" nothing on the URL). Going back to the detail page for the app, and it wants me to pay again.

Note, I MAY be blocking cookies on distractionware.com, as I generally do that on URLs I don't recognise immediately.

Is there any way I can get the game I paid for?

Are you sure it went through disractionware? It used to only go though standard paypal pages.

You'll have to PM milkshake and ask if he sees anything from his side..

Did you check that the download button is really not there now?

In my experience it is normal that you don't get to a useful page after payal processing, but the purchase has always been registered correctly for me (in one instance it took several minutes).

Hmm, I just bought a copy of this using paypal, from the repo, but after the paypal transaction was complete it bounced me back to the repo via disractionware, but landed up on a misconfigured page on the repo (with "app=" nothing on the URL). Going back to the detail page for the app, and it wants me to pay again.

Note, I MAY be blocking cookies on distractionware.com, as I generally do that on URLs I don't recognise immediately.

Is there any way I can get the game I paid for?
Same thing here. Bought the game directly on the Pandora with Firefox (latest version).

Hmm, maybe PayPal changed something with the API... I read about Online Shops having issues.

Could that be the issue here as well?

I don't know about the distractionware.com bit,  but it's been redirecting back to a less than useful page after payment for ages.   I brought it to milkshake's attention via the repo feedback thread but he didn't seem to believe me.

As _jr_ said, if you manually navigate back to the application page, it should be downloadable once paid.

- Neelix

As _jr_ said, if you manually navigate back to the application page, it should be downloadable once paid.

- Neelix
Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. When I go to the application page there's no donwload button, but the possibility to bu it again.

I brought it to milkshake's attention via the repo feedback thread but he didn't seem to believe me.
I don't recall saying I don't believe you.

My hunch is that the Terry has changed his IPN notification URL on his PayPal account which means that the repo doesn't get any confirmation.

I can't follow this up on the repo until after the weekend, I can disable the app until then though.

If it is a wider issue i.e. PayPal APIs changed it would also affect other apps does anyone have any purchase issues with other apps at the moment where you buy an app but can't download it afterwards?

Did you check that the download button is really not there now?

In my experience it is normal that you don't get to a useful page after payal processing, but the purchase has always been registered correctly for me (in one instance it took several minutes).
Ah, thanks - it is there now!  I don't know if it's something Milkshake did while he was deactivating it, or like to say it just took time for the system to register the purchase.

I'll let Milkshake know that it's still working, as long as you wait for it.

This reminded me that I ought to go buy this. However...It's price is $999.99 at the moment. I'm all for supporting the devs, but that is a bit steep... :)

Or, more to the point - I believe something is wrong somewhere.

Yep, I bought a few apogee games :) But those had their normal prices up.

I believe that's how Milkshake has 'deactivated' it.

FWIW, Milkshake manually added this to my account once he'd confirmed my purchase.  So it seems purchasing this isn't automatically working at the moment.  Shame, as it is a really good game that runs well on my GigaPandora.

Yes I jacked up the price because this game is having issues I wonder if notaz could check with Terry if he changed his PayPal IPN settings?

Yes I jacked up the price because this game is having issues I wonder if notaz could check with Terry if he changed his PayPal IPN settings?
It's just a matter of time until someone doesn't look properly and buys it for $999.99 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost did, until I looked again and did a double take :D

Back