Super Geometry Dust

If you make a multiplayer mode, I will have your babies. :) I'd love to be able to play this game over Wifi with another Pandora user. That would be fantastic.

Man, you're probably making the native pandora game that interest me the most.

I've played Geometry wars on Wii a lot and you're making it different in a better way.

Are you planning on selling it, make it a freeware or going the opensource way?

Anyway, you should give the option for donation, because your game, even unfinished, is awesome!

EDIT: Woops, I missed the page where your were saying that it'll be free for the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good. Considering the size of the Pandora's userbase (or lack thereof), multiplayer is the last thing you should worry about, unless you wanna release this multi-platform.
@wermy Do not listen to this man/boy/girl/forum member.

unless you wanna release this multi-platform

Hey, I love the Pandora as much as the next guy, but facts are facts; the userbase is too small for online play exclusively between Pandora units.

<snip>

Hey, I love the Pandora as much as the next guy, but facts are facts; the userbase is too small for online play exclusively between Pandora units.
It only takes two to tango. Wermy is coding for fun. Let's not discourage him.

OK, this is a REALLY awesome project, how did you make the graphics, might I ask?

Hey guys,

Here's the latest. Lots of people mentioned asteroids, and I had intended on adding them eventually from the beginning... But the other night I couldn't sleep and a good way to implement them popped in my head. So, here you go. :) There's also a simple menu implemented, in which you can change sounds, exit, etc. No high scores yet, but that'll happen eventually. Sorry for the shakiness of the camera - I really need to find a better way to record. :blink:

EDIT: Still no dying implemented - that would just get annoying when testing. :D

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Um8F60IS9Qo?feature=oembed

Thanks Jourdy! :) It's all OpenGL ES 1.1. For the more complicated models, I create them in blender and export. The simple ones like enemies I just generate manually when the game starts up.

Those asteroids are insane. That is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Forget Geometry Wars, Grid wars, and all those things. THIS is the good one.

I've never thought to ask this before, but what clock speed are you running at to test this? What is your target clock speed for fluid gameplay?

Is the sphere grid going to be the only background/world you can play on, or are you planning on adding other worlds?

Those asteroids are insane. That is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Forget Geometry Wars, Grid wars, and all those things. THIS is the good one.

I've never thought to ask this before, but what clock speed are you running at to test this? What is your target clock speed for fluid gameplay?

Is the sphere grid going to be the only background/world you can play on, or are you planning on adding other worlds?

Thanks. :) It runs well at 600MHz. Every now and then when things get particularly crazy (such as setting off a bomb in the middle of like 20 asteroids/enemies) there's a bit of slow-down. If I run it at 800MHz, though, that goes away. I suppose I could check what the current clock-speed is at run-time and adjust some stuff like the number of particles accordingly... Hmmm... ;)

Thanks. :) It runs well at 600MHz. Every now and then when things get particularly crazy (such as setting off a bomb in the middle of like 20 asteroids/enemies) there's a bit of slow-down. If I run it at 800MHz, though, that goes away. I suppose I could check what the current clock-speed is at run-time and adjust some stuff like the number of particles accordingly... Hmmm... ;)

That sounds like a pretty neat idea. Personally I'd like a more manual way to specify graphical options, but I like your idea. Honestly this game looks so cool I thought you'd need to optimize it pretty heavily to get it to run decently at all at 800MHz. I'm glad I'm wrong. :p

Wow those asteroids really look great! If you need / want a beta tester at some point sign me up. :)

I suppose if you want to go for different levels, simply change the main colour of the globe? Those asteroids are very dramatic, I'm wondering would it be better if all the enemies were in that kind of extruded 3D out of the globe, our would that get too confusing?

Thanks Jourdy! :) It's all OpenGL ES 1.1. For the more complicated models, I create them in blender and export. The simple ones like enemies I just generate manually when the game starts up.

Oh cool! I am a (n00b) Blender artist, anything you'd like?

Are there any news on this wermy? Or maybe an early beta just to play around a bit? :)

Are there any news on this wermy? Or maybe an early beta just to play around a bit? :)

It's been a crazy couple of weeks. With work, and the rapidly approaching end of the semester, I haven't had much time to progress on this. I'm hoping to work on it this weekend though. :)

I finally have time to work on this again! :) This video shows what I've been doing this weekend. There are weapon upgrades now, which you unlock at various point thresholds (those thresholds are set very low for this video). The three levels of weapons each have a normal and rapid-fire mode, which you can kind of see as the video goes on (you notice it more in person). I'm thinking of other weapons upgrades as well.

There are also a few new enemies: a yellow star-shaped one that zips around quickly, a blue enemy-spawning one that takes several hits to kill, and a brown asteroid-spawning one that also takes a bit to kill. Enemy waves are now shaped in a random ellipse, and I also zoomed out from the sphere a bit, which I think looks much better.

I'm working on tuning the game so difficulty ramps up nice and smoothly (i.e, enemies spawn faster as you play longer, asteroids will start out fairly rare but get more frequent, and same for the enemy/asteroid spawning guys). That's for another video though. :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BPNapZ4PjGY?feature=oembed

This is looking so awesome, I can't wait to play it! If you have a list of people you want to beta test, please put me on it! :)

Back