Super Geometry Dust

wermy

Hi everyone,

Here are the latest videos of my Pandora project called "Super Geometry Dust," which is intended to be a mix of Super Star Dust HD and Geometry Wars. I decided that I had enough that was cool to show off to post it here. :) I'll be posting videos and progress info here in this thread, for anyone that cares to follow it. :)

EDIT: Latest video here:

Video 1: Particles Test:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gctm7viag6M?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, the fact that you are playing on a sphere and the effect that you can see what is going on on the other side is just awesome.

I wanted to suggest some enemies travelling in a sine pattern, but I see you already got those.

Now how about an enemy type which follows you like the green one does, but once close enough starts to orbit and shoot at you. It could be a yellow circle or doughnut.

Another idea: A "coward" enemy which tries to maintains some distance to the player by constantly fleeing and shooting from far away. (or maybe just attacks when he is in a group, i.e. there are other enemies of this type around).

foxblock out

Looks fantastic, I hope it evolves! Would be great if it were expandable with new models/behaviours somehow ..

Ridiculously cool looking! I hope every 10 or 20 levels or so, you can warp to another shape that will alter things a bit. In any case I have one request, the one thing I found lacking In the Geometry Wars style games is the powerups. I think as the levels get very hard still having a single cannon makes the playability lose focus. It would be nice to progress in difficulty yet still feel like you can make some permanent upgrades along the way. Just a thought. I've always been partial to the shooters that allow you say 5 levels of weapon and once you get hit you lose a level, might be nice to eventually upgrade to say 3 or 4 cannons maybe even have multiple trajectories and if you die you lose a level of canon. That way you have a chance in later difficulties and an incentive to use a smart bomb to save losing a power level and having to work your way back up. I am basing my gameplay suggestions on Gridwars (maybe others are better balanced), so it all might be irrelevant, but thanks for reading anyway and I can't wait to see this and a Pandora together one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! :)

I do plan to have powerups (shields, bombs, different weapons, etc). For the weapons, I liked the way Geometry Wars did it where they were unlocked at different score thresholds, but I dunno. What do you guys think?

foxblock: Those were just the types of ideas I was hoping for - you've given me some good stuff to think about. Thanks! :)

Impressed, and avidly awaiting your first public release!!!

Back