Release Super Geometry Dust

wermy

Hi everyone,

Here is the first release of the game I've been working on, called Super Geometry Dust! It's pretty bug-free, I think, but I'll be actively developing it and releasing updates for the foreseeable future (because it's a ton of fun to work on). :)

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=SuperGeometryDust-23703

If you find bugs, feel free to post them here. :)

Videos (which are a bit outdated - I'll make a new one) can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/skochw

EDIT: Someone has pointed out a bug where, the first time you run the game, it asks you to enter your name even if you didn't make a high score. A fix for this will be included in the next release. :)

EDIT2: More bugfixes listed here:

An update is coming soon.

Also, I've had a couple people contact me suggesting I add a donate button. I just made the game for fun, but wouldn't say no to a couple bucks here and there. :) I *think* this link should work, I've never tried this before:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=GGGA7YVRXLNCA

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright. I played for about an hour straight. This thing is more awesome than I imagined. This is seriously the best Pandora game out there. You are absolutely amazing. Sorry I don't have any helpful criticisms, but I think that's because there's nothing to criticize. Really clever the way the enemies don't exactly seem to go after the player's ship itself, but towards the center of the screen.

Is the song CC'd?

ONe little annoying thoing I found within 20 seconds: It asks you to enter a name for high score even though you don't have a new high score.

Most awesome game I've ever played. Now I know what I want to do with my life; beat wermy's high score :p

Glad you guys are liking it! :)

slaeshjag: Thanks for the heads-up, I'll look into why it's doing that. :)

EDIT: Found and fixed, slaeshjag - I'll put it in the next update. Thanks again. :)

Very extremely excellent! Amazingly good. I still suck at it, but I predict that I will get better, given that I'll spend an inordinate amount of time with this in the foreseeable future.

Amazingly good game, many thanks Wermy for providing yet another Pandora essential. Would write more but I can't wait to have another go. :D

After playing the game for a while, I predict this will be my favorite "just a quick game of something" game :)

That said, I'd like to see more game modes in addition to the "survival" type currently available. A level-based approach could work nicely here :) . You could even have different sized levels and possibly some obstructions, like walls or mines.

Keep up the good work :)

EDIT: for some reason my wlan connection always drops when playing this and then waits for me to reinput my wlan key. Any idea why?

That is a massively fun game, thanks alot,

edit:could this be played with dpad/abxy buttons I know not aswell but there are a few 1 nubbers out there who shouldnt miss out on such an awsome game,

Also I think a multiplayer would be good either

1) with a controler/2 controleler plugged into tv

2) each player has a nub and you move and can only shoot the way you move with the trigger on that side,

That is a massively fun game, thanks alot,

edit:could this be played with dpad/abxy buttons I know not aswell but there are a few 1 nubbers out there who shouldnt miss out on such an awsome game,

Also I think a multiplayer would be good either

1) with a controler/2 controleler plugged into tv

2) each player has a nub and you move and can only shoot the way you move with the trigger on that side,

I'm glad you all seem to be enjoying the game - it's really great to hear. :)

meandu229: You can move with the dpad at this point - I plan to make it so you can shoot with the abxy buttons as well, and make an option for both of these. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

This really is top class stuff, by far my favourite homebrew.. thanks very much for your obvious hard work.

An option to play your own music would be sublime (not that i don't like the track incl) any chance of this in a future update?

This is an awesome game and it shows off some impressive coding skills.

Very polished, even down to the cool effects on the games menu!

Keep up the great work wermy!!!

I have to say that i think this game is way better than VEKTAR!!

Also much better than GEOMETRY WARS on the ipad!!!

You are a genius. :D

Class act.

I love this game and how well it works with the nubs!!!

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Back