Release Super Geometry Dust

Any chance you could add a boost like super star dust and how about being able to listen to your own mp3 fance playing this to sanxion loader brill game m8 best homebrew on the pandora yet!!!!!!

caz

Update time! :)

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=SuperGeometryDust-23703

UPDATE (1.4.1)!

New Features/Enhancements:

- New enemy: laser-shooting enemy that follows you up to a certain distance from you, and then fires on you

- New enemy: laser-shooting turret, which is stationary and fires at you when you are in range

- New bomb: decoy bomb (press the L-trigger to use), which attracts enemies and explodes after a few seconds. Be warned: these are hard to earn, so use sparingly! :)

- Various small gameplay tweaks

Bugfixes:

- Enemy-spawning delay when playing multiple games in a row has been fixed

- Inability to take screenshots in the menus (and high score table) has been fixed

Gravity Bombs!

You actually kind of got your wish! There are bombs that attract/distract enemies now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to try! You are a rockstar (anyone catch that?).

OK, just tried it, second game I got my new high score. Much Much FUN!

Wermy: Awesome! I love it, but they are too hard to earn! :)

What about a bomb that just blows *everything* off the planet and crashes them to another point on the other side of the planet? That'd be amazing, visually.

Wow cool new version! Did you tweak the difficulty? First try and I more then tripled my old highscore, now my score is 579426. ^^

The decoy bomb is fun and I like the three way laser (I never got it before).

Also could you maybe change the enemy laser's color to something else than the players' laser's color? Or am I the only one ignoring it as it has the same color... :)

Wow cool new version! Did you tweak the difficulty? First try and I more then tripled my old highscore, now my score is 579426. ^^

The decoy bomb is fun and I like the three way laser (I never got it before).

Also could you maybe change the enemy laser's color to something else than the players' laser's color? Or am I the only one ignoring it as it has the same color... :)

I didn't do anything directly to the difficulty level, really. The only thing that might make it seem easier is having the decoy bombs - they help a *lot*! :) That is why I only give two at the beginning and make them pretty difficult to earn more of. But overall, people's scores may go up a bit. :) Good call on the laser color - I wondered if that would be an issue. I'll probably make them some other color on the next release.

Was hoping for a game like this as Ive played Meteor blitz and Solomons keep on the Ipod and come to like the dual analogue gameplay,Nice one!.

wow And just now I was getting it, you remove the predicatbility. (I liked the waiting for lazer up, than position yourself near an astoroid so the bue turret would spawn not near to the astroid)

Still kickass game.

wow And just now I was getting it, you remove the predicatbility. (I liked the waiting for lazer up, than position yourself near an astoroid so the bue turret would spawn not near to the astroid)

Still kickass game.

I think removing predictability is a good thing for this type of game! :)

I think its a bug but I'm pretty sure I'm skipping the double lazer and going straight to the quad, then reverting to double upon dying. also i got like 2 decoy bombs before I got another regular one. maybe Im crazy though lol.

Great job, amazing game.

I think its a bug but I'm pretty sure I'm skipping the double lazer and going straight to the quad, then reverting to double upon dying. also i got like 2 decoy bombs before I got another regular one. maybe Im crazy though lol.

Great job, amazing game.

Thanks, glad you like it. :) The quad laser is just a temporary upgrade if you manage to stay alive and accumulate enough points (and it goes away when you die). The color of the sphere corresponds to how close you are to earning the quad laser. I really need to find a way to make it more obvious - several people have pointed it out as a bug. :)

Great job, amazing game.
I thought this was a bug at first too, but I'm pretty sure it's just the way he designed it. You get weapon upgrades at specific _total_ point values (15k for faster single laser, 45k for double laser, etc) but you get the quad laser at 40k points for that specific life. So if you start the game and get 40k without dying you will get the quad and not the double because the points for it is 45k. You always keep the lower level laser based on your total points, but the quad laser is dependent on your points for that specific life. Hope that makes sense.

Edit: :ph34r: d by the man himself

as ever I'm enjoying this new update, granted my average score is going down as I must have been getting used to the routines of the previous version! ;) I've a couple of wee possible suggestions? I think it might be possible to make a little bit more use of the 3D nature of the playfield, especially as most of the enemies appear on the horizon of the globe? How about if a line appeared from above just as the enemies appeared, kindof as if they were beaming onto the globe rather than just appearing? that could be colour coded to match the enemy type, so it'd give a little bit of heads up as to what's coming down your throat next? Also for me at least, it's noit 100% clear how far the bombs range extends, would it be possible to change the colour of the globe just under the bomb's explosion to give added emphasis? Oh, and the new decoy boms are great, I was going to suggest something similar, but I didn't think of having the bomb attract the enemies! Quick suggestion for an enemy:, a tower that drops down like the asteroids, but shoots a continuous beam that gradually gets closer to your ship if you get too close? This laser would kill other enemies, so you could use that to your advantage?

After following this thread I can say one thing with certainty. It's a bad thing but a good thing.

Wermy, you have single highhandedly made waiting for a Pandora even more unbearable!!!

However, once it arrives, I have a feeling I know what the first thing I will play is now!!

After following this thread I can say one thing with certainty. It's a bad thing but a good thing.

Wermy, you have single highhandedly made waiting for a Pandora even more unbearable!!!

However, once it arrives, I have a feeling I know what the first thing I will play is now!!

Yes, this game's "one more go" factor is off the scale! ;)

Thanks, glad you like it. :) The quad laser is just a temporary upgrade if you manage to stay alive and accumulate enough points (and it goes away when you die). The color of the sphere corresponds to how close you are to earning the quad laser. I really need to find a way to make it more obvious - several people have pointed it out as a bug. :)
I didn't think it was a bug, I noticed the sphere changing color and figured it out. It's rocket science...

I didn't think it was a bug, I noticed the sphere changing color and figured it out. It's rocket science...
I thought it was random the way the sphere changes colour,

Back