SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

just messed with the vita at a best buy and I was playing trials urban or some sh!t, and it was so aliased...so many jagged edges, It got me thinking was it due to dpi of display or being rendered at low reso and not being anti aliased?
Just like assassins creed liberation. Apparently they were trying to push the limits of the system (as evidenced by the slowdown that happens occasionally as you play) and it is still by far the worst looking vita game I've played so far.

@cazmiester don't be silly vita is awesome, I'm getting this game and the new killzone when it comes out. Love my vita

Dragons crown looks ace, and it's coming to europe soon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVmq2dNzOG4#at=133
Dragon's Crown is awesome as is Muramasa !!!!....great hack n slash platform games with outstanding gameplay,graphics and audio....and all newly released games only for the Vita!!

@cazmiester..you are entitled to your opinion and last year I might have agreed but games like these change everything.

2013 has been a great year software wise for the Vita.

Last edited:
The vita should get a sales boost when ps4 is released. But dunno if it will be a significant boost.

Dragons crown is a must buy for me imo. Im short for time these days so quick bursts on the vita suit me.

"RUMOR: Japanese newspaper Tokyo Keizai reported a rumor that Sony is set to reveal a new PS Vita model in September before the Tokyo Game Show. The new model PCH-2000 will have a 6.3" OLED display manufactured by Samsung (screen size of the current model is 5"), and the resolution will remain at 960 x 554 pixels. The amount of RAM will increase from 512MB to 1GB, to allow more programs to run in the background, the amount of RAM used by games will be unchanged (meaning games are still compatible between old and new models). In addition, the design of the new model will be more in-line with the PS4 design; and the system will launch with new game titles"

I knew this would happen right after I upgraded my black Vita to a white one(Damn u Sony).

Oh well, cool if true. I knew this would happen sooner or later, and doing it along side the PS4 launch is the best way to do it in my opinion. There have also been rumors that Sony may be offering a PS4/Vita bundle set for 499.99. I think this would be killer as well, as I would much rather buy a PS4/Vita for 500, than a ONE/Kenect for the same price.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the current vita aint doin the numbers why would they think an enhanced model would do any better.

Bundling the vita with ps4 could be stroke of genius though.

It does look like sony have pulled their head out of their arse recently though.

About time.

I wonder if the current vita aint doin the numbers why would they think an enhanced model would do any better.

Bundling the vita with ps4 could be stroke of genius though.

It does look like sony have pulled their head out of their arse recently though.

About time.
Normally their redesigns reduce cost, which allows for a more profitable machine. I've enjoyed every redesigned model over the original(DS Phat<DS Lite, PSP 1000<2000, ECT.), so I don't see this being any different. I would love a thinner/lighter Vita, and a bigger screen would be icing on the cake. The buttons never bothered me, as I have small hands, but it has been an issue for many. A better game card slot would be nice to, as the way it works now is kind of troublesome.

Every time I think they've pulled their head out of their rear, they stick it right back and even deeper than before :p I'll hold my opinions until I see how well the PS4 launch goes, and what they do to keep their current "good will" going. The Vita still needs something done in the form of cheaper memory cards, and some actually games wouldn't hurt either. Combining a redesigned(cheaper) Vita in with a PS4 could be awesome. especially if their remote play feature actually works, but this is one of those areas where it needs to be seen, to be believed.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^Yup the memory card suck ass imo. Ive had to delete several games just to download others. Buying another card or two seems like madness to me.

I can still download those old games again as they are attached to my ps network account but its a silly situation.

I'm happy with my vita and it gets a decent work out these days, and dragons crown should be fun. Cheap large capacity memory cards are needed.

^^^Yup the memory card suck ass imo. Ive had to delete several games just to download others. Buying another card or two seems like madness to me.

I can still download those old games again as they are attached to my ps network account but its a silly situation.

I'm happy with my vita and it gets a decent work out these days, and dragons crown should be fun. Cheap large capacity memory cards are needed.
I bought my Vita with a 8GB card, and soon I had a similar situation to yours. I reached a point where I told myself I would no longer buy any PSN games(or shuffle them around) until I got a 32GB card cheap. Well, I stuck to my guns for a good long while, until I was able to finally get one for 59.99. That was still to much, but I could live with it.

I don't know how great the chances are to see a system redesign, or even a system price drop by the end of the year, but they really need to do something about the memory. It is beyond ridiculous to have such expensive memory for a gaming device in this day and age. Hell, I just bought a 64GB micro SD in preparation for my Shield, and it was only $41 bucks(regular $51). Damn you Sony, Damn you to hell :angry:  

Chris 

The PS4 will utilize the current Vita similar to the Wii U concept?

Last edited:
The PS4 will utilize the current Vita similar to the Wii U concept?
In theory anyway. It will function more like the Shield does, as it will be streaming through Wi-Fi. I believe the WiiU does it directly some how, which allows for a better experience(lag free), but it also limits the distance away from the WiiU in which it will work. You can actually use the Vita currently with the PS3 for "remote play" with a handful of titles. I keep saying I need to set it up and see how well it works, as ICO/Shadow is one of the titles that works, and I haven't finished either of those titles, so it seems like a good way to go.

Chris

Sony are really trying to create synergy between all their products right now. It seems like a very good strategy on paper.

Ps4 cross connectivity should boost vita sales and the price cut too. Thank goodness, hope its a significant drop in price for the memory cards.

Ps4 is the only system i shall buy this time around; but not at launch.

WOW, I tried the Vita's remote play last night, and I must say I was very impressed. The only real short coming I experienced, was the lack of L2/R2 buttons. They offer decent enough alternatives, but like anything, it's a lesser substitute to the originals.

I only tried ICO, and that is a less graphical work horse to SOC, but it ran flawless for the short time I played it. Sony really should promote this feature more. I guess with the PS3, there aren't to many titles that the support the feature, and really only Sony can be blamed for that, but if this works with 95% of PS4 titles, I may be getting one sooner than planned.

In my advanced years, it just gets harder and harder to spend time in front of the BIG TV for game play time. I currently don't even buy LIVE/PSN titles anymore, as I just never get around to playing them. If a new title like Ducktales remastered isn't offered on Vita, but then I could play it through remote play, that would be very cool.

Although I haven't gotten a WiiU yet, one of the best features for me, is being able to give the controller to my son, so he  can play games, while me and the wife watch some shows. So I really don't know how much this feature means to the masses, as WiiU and Vita sales currently suck(Nintendo & Sony haven't done much promotion for this feature), but for me it is a really cool feature that I would love to use more of in the future.

Chris

Back