SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

ps vita is region free if i recall. buy one in your region and import games if you must

I'm going to Japan in September and am wondering if I should buy myself a PSVita.

I already have a PSP Go that I really enjoy and still have plenty of games to play on it.

If I buy a Vita, I will be interested to play Project diva f and f2nd, and Rayman Origin/Legends. I would get those games for sure, but these are games I have already played on PC or PS3.

Liking arcade games (immediate fun, difficult to master like project diva for example), and tactical RPGs (Tactics Ogre, Shining Force, Fire Emblem, Jeanne d'Arc...), is there any games (exclusive to the system maybe) that would make me want this PS vita even more ?

Any physicaly released games I should get while in Japan (aside from Project Diva that I plan to buy anyway) ? I can manage menus in Japanese (very basic notions, can read hira/kata kanas and a few kanjis) but not stories, etc...
I'll sell you mine. Original Oled screen, charger, memory card and padded case. What do these sell for second hand? I'm looking for a quick sale.

The prices in France are cheap on our local ads website (Leboncoin, our equivalent of craigslist). Seems like I can find a Vita for about 70€, and for 80€ with a small memory card and a game usually.

So my idea was to buy the games in Japan and the Vita either in Japan if it's cheaper than in France or in France second hand if Japan is more expensive.

Khan: I was more leaning towards a 2000 Vita for the µUSB and battery life especially (and weight but this is not as important as the 2 other points). Plus I guess shiping from Ireland to France would render the sale uninteresting for us ?

Khan: I was more leaning towards a 2000 Vita for the µUSB and battery life especially (and weight but this is not as important as the 2 other points).
While the battery life is better on the newer Vitas, it's really not bad on the old ones. Plus, the OLED screen on the old Vita is SOOOOO much better than the newer versions. Games like TxK really show the difference of the two screens. I would urge you at the very least to try to use both machines before making a decision.

Have a look at this Youtube vid for a brief comparison of the two Vitas

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mcKEvSzIIBE?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
The prices in France are cheap on our local ads website (Leboncoin, our equivalent of craigslist). Seems like I can find a Vita for about 70€, and for 80€ with a small memory card and a game usually.

So my idea was to buy the games in Japan and the Vita either in Japan if it's cheaper than in France or in France second hand if Japan is more expensive.

Khan: I was more leaning towards a 2000 Vita for the µUSB and battery life especially (and weight but this is not as important as the 2 other points). Plus I guess shiping from Ireland to France would render the sale uninteresting for us ?
I hear you. I'd have to rummage around. I have at least 2 boxed games. I have many games downloaded but the memory card is too small to hold all of them. I may post it for sale here soon. I need the cash. Seems about 70 to 90 on e-bay. Mines the wi-fi only version.

The oled screen is indeed sweet though. It displays such bright and crisp colours and usually I don't pay attention to these kind of things.

I'll sell you mine. Original Oled screen, charger, memory card and padded case. What do these sell for second hand? I'm looking for a quick sale.
Prices vary, depending on condition, extra's, and completeness(box, manuals, cables, LE, etc.). I sold my white AC bundle for more than retail when I sold mine about a year and a half ago. I think those complete still go for a decent price due to them being OOP, and the only white version in the US of the 1000 model. I'm sure prices very by region and demand. Check local Ebay prices for the going rates.

Chris

Still no regular SD card?
Nope.

Prices vary, depending on condition, extra's, and completeness(box, manuals, cables, LE, etc.). I sold my white AC bundle for more than retail when I sold mine about a year and a half ago. I think those complete still go for a decent price due to them being OOP, and the only white version in the US of the 1000 model. I'm sure prices very by region and demand. Check local Ebay prices for the going rates.

Chris
Yeah. Will do. I'm raising a little cash so stuff i don't use must go.

Might try here first. E-bays swamped these days. 

Are these all the cancelled games for the vita?
 LOL. I suspect SONY is listing the titles he owns.

I own about half of those and a plethora of non-listed ones including download only titles like TxK, Olli Olli etc. 

Why two copies of "Uncharted"? It's a good game, but not worth buying twice. :p And Soul Sacrifice and Metal Gear too? :/

I really like the Vita, but I rarely use it due to lack of time - it really lacks puzzle games like Picross, Layton etc. etc. which tend to be the type of game I can comfortably play in my limited time.
Indeed I am/was.

The reason I have some duplicate games is because I sometimes have to buy, a rare or hard to find game together as a bundle. eBayers don't wanna split or separate :(

Oooooh!!!! I see that XCOM is coming to the Vita. Awesome game on an awesome format. Despite owning it for pc and XBox360 (and the expansion on PS3) I think I might just have to treat my Vita to a new game. Just to test if it still works... :D

And project diva X was announced the day I bought a Vita last Sunday.

Good thing, as it's not coming to the PS3 and I don't own a PS4.

I got a Vita 1000 in the end, because this is what is mostly available on the second hand market.

I want to. Trying to look for cheapish options.

It's available for 15£ on gameseek, but I have never ordered on that site before. I'll be in Japan next week, I will look at second hand prices there.

I tried the demo of Project Diva f on my vita and was really disappointed by the low resolution of the 3D models in game :( . I was used to play on a PS3 were everything is sharp.

With my current games, only Dragon's Crown is native resolution and looks good. Uncharted and Gravity rush are low rez, and the project Diva f demo too.

Is F2nd in native resolution ?

Back