SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

How do you like the Tab P? I have the tab S and really enjoy it, I'm looking forward to ICS 4.0 comming out here in Europe. I wasn't sure about the Tab P the clam shell worried me, I figured nothing would really fit correctly with it.

I purchased a game with it. :p

How do you like the Tab P? I have the tab S and really enjoy it, I'm looking forward to ICS 4.0 comming out here in Europe. I wasn't sure about the Tab P the clam shell worried me, I figured nothing would really fit correctly with it.

Would you like me to do a mini review of it?

Resistance burning skies seems to be getting slated in reviews.It sounds quite terrible actually.I was going to buy it if the reviews were even half decent.Oh well.

Resistance burning skies seems to be getting slated in reviews.It sounds quite terrible actually.I was going to buy it if the reviews were even half decent.Oh well.
Yeah, it looks like I'm gonna wait and get it for 20 or under. The game appears to be average at best, and really doesn't offer anything new to the franchise.

The Vita isn't going to last to long if Sony takes it's best exclusive games and hand them off to companies who can't get the job done. This game should have been a show piece for the Vita in regards to FPS and it appears it will still get some business from those who are hardup to play something new, but it should have been so much better.

At least I get to play the Gravity Rush demo tomorrow instead, and I think I'll go ahead and slap Resistance Retribution on my PSP to show my support for a handheld Resistance game done right. Very disapointing to see so many bad reviews today.

Chris

Yeah, it looks like I'm gonna wait and get it for 20 or under. The game appears to be average at best, and really doesn't offer anything new to the franchise.

The Vita isn't going to last to long if Sony takes it's best exclusive games and hand them off to companies who can't get the job done. This game should have been a show piece for the Vita in regards to FPS and it appears it will still get some business from those who are hardup to play something new, but it should have been so much better.

At least I get to play the Gravity Rush demo tomorrow instead, and I think I'll go ahead and slap Resistance Retribution on my PSP to show my support for a handheld Resistance game done right. Very disapointing to see so many bad reviews today.

Chris
yeah i must check if the gravity rush demo is out in europe tomorrow too.Resistance wont cut it by the looks of things.I will download Syphon filter dark mirror and play that next id say nearly finished gow ghost of sparta.

Chris
yeah i must check if the gravity rush demo is out in europe tomorrow too.Resistance wont cut it by the looks of things.I will download Syphon filter dark mirror and play that next id say nearly finished gow ghost of sparta.
Yeah, I believe you guys get the GR demo on wednsday. Syphon Mirror was excellent as was Ghost of Sparta. I really hope the Vita catches up to the quality of some of these PSP games, or else we are going to be playing 3DS alone for the rest of this generation. :p

Chris

Well, I downloaded the Resistance:BS & Gravity Rush demos yesterday, and I finished both this morning. Here are my thoughts:

First up, I'll cover Resistance. Now I'm not a huge FPS fan, and Metroid Prime series along with Bioshock are really the only FPS I have ever played for an extended period of time, but I found R:BS to be pretty fun. The graphics aren't bad, but no where near being great. The video clips or compressed, and look like something off of the DS. The sounds are solid, but they do lack pizazz. The controls and touch screen work fine for me, but I'm no expert of the genre. My biggest personal problem with the game is the lack of details when shooting enemies. They just kind of blow up into these garbage style chunks(not all, but most), and this just looks like crap.

Overall, I would rate my time with the demo about a 6.5-7. I would buy this for sure at 20 or under, but 40 is a far stretch unless you are just dying for some handheld FPS action.

Now, Gravity Rush was a differant beast all together. Very stylish and very polished. Graphics, music, sounds are just all top shelf. Now the GR demo is very short, and only offers a very short time with the actual gameplay, but what was here makes me more than happy that I preordered this title months ago.

Overall, I would rate my time with this demo at the 8-9 level. For anyone who thinks the Vita is not capable of console quality gaming, needs to look no further than this very polished and super unique game. Hopefully we see more Vita titles of this quality, and less like Resistance. :p

Chris

For you UK guys/gals, the Gravity Rush demo is up..............Go, Go, Go!

Chris
Downloaded it.Will give it a whirl later.

50 Euro price drop on the Vita starting June 1st. Still going to wait though...
This is the new package deal right?Card vita and game included.My nephew might be getting a shiny present when the price drop comes share the vita love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played through the Resistance demo. I don't see why it's getting 20-40% on a lot of review sites, I thought it was pretty fun! I'm going to pick it up; I'm excited for the MP. :)

Downloading Gravity Rush demo now...

Just played through the Resistance demo. I don't see why it's getting 20-40% on a lot of review sites, I thought it was pretty fun! I'm going to pick it up; I'm excited for the MP. :)

I think most of the reviewers where expecting PS3 level Resistance quality and it didn't meet their expectations. I've nevered played any of those titles or really any FPS to begin with, so I found it fairly decent. Over on gamesfaqs, one of the members listed all of the handheld FPS over the years, and almost everyone had higher reviews than R:BS, and everyone thought this game was better than every game on the list. Metroid Hunters from the DS was on there, and it averaged in the 80%, and I personally found this title way better than that, as the controls sucked on that game, and it repeated stages over and over(very boring).

So mainly, the reviews showed how previous handheld FPS games where rated on a curve and this game seemed to get no love(as the curve seemed to be removed). It does actually remind me of some previous DS FPS's that I have played, as the graphics aren't really up to console standards, but this game at least controlled properly, and in my mind that makes it better than almost all of the FPS's that have come before it.

I'll for sure get it once it reaches $20!

@Wermy

Before you get it, check that the online MP is working. There have been many issues, and it appears their servers have been broke since launch day.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

I think most of the reviewers where expecting PS3 level Resistance quality and it didn't meet their expectations. I've nevered played any of those titles or really any FPS to begin with, so I found it fairly decent. Over on gamesfaqs, one of the members listed all of the handheld FPS over the years, and almost everyone had higher reviews than R:BS, and everyone thought this game was better than every game on the list. Metroid Hunters from the DS was on there, and it averaged in the 80%, and I personally found this title way better than that, as the controls sucked on that game, and it repeated stages over and over(very boring).

So mainly, the reviews showed how previous handheld FPS games where rated on a curve and this game seemed to get no love(as the curve seemed to be removed). It does actually remind me of some previous DS FPS's that I have played, as the graphics aren't really up to console standards, but this game at least controlled properly, and in my mind that makes it better than almost all of the FPS's that have come before it.

I'll for sure get it once it reaches $20!

@Wermy

Before you get it, check that the online MP is working. There have been many issues, and it appears their servers have been broke since launch day.

Chris

Yeah. Seems like they are being unusually harsh on this game - I guess they were expecting the world for it (or the opposite: a self-fulfilling prophesy of reviewers expecting it to be horrible). I don't trust reviewers much, so I don't care anyway. :)

I've really been itching for a competent handheld FPS for years (and hoped the Pandora would fill that void...). So I'm excited to have anything half-way decent at this point. I liked what I played in the demo, so I'm eager to get the full version here in the next few days.

As far as MP issues, that seems to be standard fare these days. I'm sure it'll get sorted eventually. :)

Back