SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

@Wermy

Yeah, I guess it all depends on what point of view your taking before you review a game. I have seen many positive reviews from consumers publications, and websites(7's, 8's and 9's). When you compare this to all of the other handheld FPS that are out there, it is just about the best I have played. Now if you compare it to the consoles, yeah it's going to fall way short, as it could have been way better if insomniac had handled it, but I found the demo to be fun.

Most of the consumer reviews I have read all say the game is FUN, and it does have problems, but the gameplay out weighs most of the issues for most of the players. I think the biggest issue for most is the price to quality ratio. For a full retail price, I think a lot of guys just want more bang for their buck, where others are happy to have a quality FPS in the palm of their hands and don't mind the price as much.

Chris

I finally finished Rayman Origins with 100% completion. Very good game, and one of the best platformers ever, a very strong 9/10.

Now I guess I'll go back to Hot Shots, and try to grind out some more golfers and equipment before Gravity Rushes release in a few weeks.

Chris

I just picked up rayman today. It's great of the 4 games I have this is the best (katamari HS golf and wipeout) little deviants is now €20 on amazon.de so I ordered that too I think that is the right price from what I have read. looking forward to persona 4. good work jumpman im going to pm you if I need help with getting rayman 100% :)

good work jumpman im going to pm you if I need help with getting rayman 100% :)
Yeah, I had to look up some clips on youtube for a few stages, but over all everything can be over come if you just keep trying. There really aren't any Bullshit deaths in the game. If you die, you only have yourself to blame.

The one piece of advice I can give, is for the shooting levels. When they get harder(and they will), don't hold the button to fire, press it as fast as you can. I didn't realise this until very late in the game, and I spent countless time on stages trying to get perfect medals with the regular shot speed. It was one of those, "Doh" moments once I noticed the faster you press the button, the faster it shoots.

Chris

That's crap! We want flash!

And i want the german fullversion from Gravity Rush, Final Fantasy X HD, and Persona 4 the Golden, now, but i have to wait until there are out...

Flash would be nice on the Vita, whit flash you can start your Youtube Videos direktly on the browser, but until there is now flash , whe need to bee happy whit a Youtube App, just like on the Iphone...

I tell you what I want, to be able to download and install the ps1 games I have purchased for the PSP to work with the vita too. whats up with that?

I tell you what I want, to be able to download and install the ps1 games I have purchased for the PSP to work with the vita too. whats up with that?
Sony keeps saying soon, so maybe they will announce it at E3. Keep your fingers crossed.

Chris

Ok great, As a retro gamer I just can't tell you how or why i get so wee weed up to play the same games i have been playing again and again on different hand held devices but seeing as we are all on the open pandora forums I think we all share that weakness to some extent :)

Also jumpman, Any hints on where to find the relics in Rayman, I'm not finding those things at all. I don't want to out and out look on line but if you have any general hints let me know. I really do dig this game!

For my Playstation Games, i have PCSX Rearmed R14 on the Pandora, so i dont need to by they in the PSN,

On my PSVITA, i have about 2 gb lost, and Final Fantasy VII need about 2,5 gb.., but i have enought PSP Games on the Vita, for PSX i use the Pandora.. (or my PS2, because the PS2 can play PSX Games..

Also jumpman, Any hints on where to find the relics in Rayman, I'm not finding those things at all. I don't want to out and out look on line but if you have any general hints let me know. I really do dig this game!
Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Play with your volume up, and you'll here this weird klik klak noise, kind of like a rattle noise. When this noise is at it's strongest, the relic is hidden somewhere on the screen. I would say I only ever saw about 50% of them, the rest I would just tap all over the screen when I heard the noise as some are very well hidden. You have to use the touchscreen to find these, as they are not hidden where Rayman can reach them.

Another interesting thing to know is that once you hit an enemy and it blows into a bubble, you can just tap them with the touch screen instead of trying to reach them with Rayman. That also goes for the lum bubbles. This was another aspect to the game I didn't notice until later in the game. Some of the trophies require you that you pop a certain amount of enemies and or lums.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
For my Playstation Games, i have PCSX Rearmed R14 on the Pandora, so i dont need to by they in the PSN,

On my PSVITA, i have about 2 gb lost, and Final Fantasy VII need about 2,5 gb.., but i have enought PSP Games on the Vita, for PSX i use the Pandora.. (or my PS2, because the PS2 can play PSX Games..
I use my Pandora for my PS1 needs as well, but it would be nice to play them on the Vita if sony allows you to map the rear touch screen for L2/R2 button presses. This would only be good for a few games, but it still gives the general public more options and right now Sony needs as much business as they can muster, so PS1 games can bring in funds that are otherwise not there. Nintendo brings in HUGE revenue from there back library, and Sony just doesn't seem to take it to seriously.

Over on Gamefaqs, PS1 emulation is asked almost daily for the Vita, so even though I don't really need it personally, others seem to have bought their Vita's to play PS1. Differant strokes, for differant folks I guess.

Chris

Sweet as, bro.

Back