SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

I'm having some trouble with getting my online codes to activate. I have a code for wipeout which i bought new as well as Everyone's golf which doesn't activate either.

What should i do about that? Do i need to take pictures of the papers i have and ask Sony WTH is going on? 2 out of 2 don't work?

I'm not trying to scam anyone here man, I just want my rug back. .... Really tied the room together.

I'm having some trouble with getting my online codes to activate. I have a code for wipeout which i bought new as well as Everyone's golf which doesn't activate either.

What should i do about that? Do i need to take pictures of the papers i have and ask Sony WTH is going on? 2 out of 2 don't work?

I'm not trying to scam anyone here man, I just want my rug back. .... Really tied the room together.
Did you type them in?There is a small touchscreen circle on the right hand side of screen.You tap this and select the code option.Otherwise im not sure.BTW it seems that there is absolutely no way to delete a demo or any data from the vita.I have checked all menus.Bizarre.

Did you type them in?There is a small touchscreen circle on the right hand side of screen.You tap this and select the code option.Otherwise im not sure.BTW it seems that there is absolutely no way to delete a demo or any data from the vita.I have checked all menus.Bizarre.
@Halcyon

What exactly happened when you put in the code? Did it say the code was no good? Or did it exept the code, and take you to the download screen? Where the codes included in the game, or did you buy them at PSN?

If they where purchased thru PSN, there will be a record of it in your download/transaction list. I only went thru the process once with Hot Shots, and it was a pain, as I had to go around in circles before the game seemed to recognize that I had an active code registered.

@Wrath Of Khan

If you hold any of the app bubbles for a few seconds, it will take you to organize and delete mode. Tap the little "..." icon in the lower portion of the bubble, and then you will get the delete option. Standard ios and smart phone operations. :p Saves time on looking thru menus for the deletion option.

Chris

Ah i see thanks jumpman.I never thought of that though i have a smartphone.Guess one assumes it would work as previous consoles and this creates a way of thinking.

Halcyon, are these games physical copies rather than digital? If so, did you buy them locally or from another region?

I know that when I have picked up games for a good price on eBay, they generally come from another region such as Hong Kong. The games work fine, but any supplied online codes etc are not valid in the Australian store and can't be activated. On the PS3, I log into a Hong Kong account and activate the code. Once activated, I can play online with my regular Australian account. I don't think things are that simple with the Vita though...?

Ah i see thanks jumpman.I never thought of that though i have a smartphone.Guess one assumes it would work as previous consoles and this creates a way of thinking.
Yeah, this is the new standard I suppose. It does make sense considering the Vita now has a touch screen, and just holding the icon saves time. Sadly, the 3DS still appears to make me go into a menu to delete, which is a huge pain considering how far in they make you go to get to that option.

Nintendo really just can't say someone else has a good idea and go with it. Microsoft, Apple and others have stated in the past that ideas have come from the competition, but Nintendo can never say someone else came up with the idea first and that certain things just work well. In my opinion, this is one of Nintendo's biggest strengths, as well as their biggest weakness.

Hell, to this day, I think their still trying to protect young users from certain content, language, and adult situations when I believe most young users have access to the internet thru tablets, cell phones, tv, ect and are greatly exposed to every sick level of content the world has to offer, so I still don't know why they feel they need to be the thought police, but I guess their the Disney of the east, and don't want to be associated with a grown man calling a 10 year old girl a "cunt" over the Wii or 3DS voice chat(Heaven forbid such a thing could happen in 2012).

Chris

Hell, to this day, I think their still trying to protect young users from certain content, language, and adult situations when I believe most young users have access to the internet thru tablets, cell phones, tv, ect and are greatly exposed to every sick level of content the world has to offer, so I still don't know why they feel they need to be the thought police, but I guess their the Disney of the east, and don't want to be associated with a grown man calling a 10 year old girl a "cunt" over the Wii or 3DS voice chat(Heaven forbid such a thing could happen in 2012).

Chris

I sent my first 'letter' to a friend via the 3DS last night. I watched the quick example videos on how to use the software and got reminded three times to not be offensive. After drawing my (offensive :) ) picture and clicking the send button, I had to again confirm that it wasn't offensive...

Having said that though, I mute nearly everyone in a PS3 game lobby.... Listening to 12 year olds talking crap to each other all the time gets old pretty quick.

video-game-memes-im-gay-and-you-had-sex-with-my-mom-last-night.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

I sent my first 'letter' to a friend via the 3DS last night. I watched the quick example videos on how to use the software and got reminded three times to not be offensive. After drawing my (offensive :) ) picture and clicking the send button, I had to again confirm that it wasn't offensive...

Having said that though, I mute nearly everyone in a PS3 game lobby.... Listening to 12 year olds talking crap to each other all the time gets old pretty quick.
Yeah, I completely agree. I never use chat unless it is with friends, and if I'm playing a game like uno or something, that allows others to chat while I'm in the game, I just mute my volume.

I'm a parent and at the end of the day, I'm the first and last line of defense in what my son may or may not be a part of. That video on the 3DS is just beyond silly, and a total waste of time. I did the samething with my first picture(also offensive), and I hit the send button.

I know in Japan games like Call of Duty and other chat specific games aren't really huge over there, but their animation and tv programing allows for many things that would never be allowed on US tv, so I don't know why they feel the need to go this route of giving 50 warnings for content between friends and or family(or strangers for that matter). If parents aren't doing their jobs, I really don't think anyone would take any kind of authority from Nintendo seriously, but who knows?

I know when I was a child if my parents told me not to do something, what was the first thing I did? Which is why I sent my friend a HUGE penis over the Nintendo airwaves with my first Swapnote message. So at the age of 40, I'm still doing what someone tells me not to do, and I'm sure most kids and adults are still doing the same ;)

Chris

I'm on an overseas contract and am living in austria but im from the us and my psn name was orginally created in the states. I bought the vita locally and one game in a store hear and the other on amazon.de the game case is in german. Both were purchased new btw. But there might be some problem with the us account and euro games potentially? im going to take a picture of the codes and email them to sony and ask wth is going on. Pretty weak if I can't use them because I certainly paid for them.

Oh also yeah they are media cards not downloads, my debit card from the us wont work anymore with the psn store althoughit is completely valid and use it to buy gifts for family back in the us online all the time

I'm on an overseas contract and am living in austria but im from the us and my psn name was orginally created in the states. I bought the vita locally and one game in a store hear and the other on amazon.de the game case is in german. Both were purchased new btw. But there might be some problem with the us account and euro games potentially? im going to take a picture of the codes and email them to sony and ask wth is going on. Pretty weak if I can't use them because I certainly paid for them.

Oh also yeah they are media cards not downloads, my debit card from the us wont work anymore with the psn store althoughit is completely valid and use it to buy gifts for family back in the us online all the time

Yeah, my guess would be that any game needs the code from the same region. So a US "hot shots" game wont work with an "everybodys golf" online code from the UK. I know that any codes that are purchased from differant regions go with the "networks" of that region. I buy xbox live codes from the US Amazon online, and they send me codes that can only be used with Xbox live US.

So to make a long story short, yes the Vita is region free for games, but any online demos, codes, ect. aquired from PSN networks around the globe are not.

Chris

So I just emailed Sony Tec support we will see what they say but just to be clear this is my situation.

EU PSVITA (or at least bought in Austria)

EU Wipeout 2048 (bought in Austria)

EU Everybody's Golf (bought on Amazon.de)

All packaging is in German.

All games are physical and purchased in a New condition.

Even my AR PLAY Card code doesn't work.

So we will see what they have to say. The only thing that is US on this device is my Signin which was orginally created in the USA when i got my PS3 in '09

Also those dark spots on my screen I mentioned in an older post are getting worse and I'm thinking I need a new PSVITA for the problems with the screen.

I will report back on the results of this escipade, if anyone is interested. :blink:

Has it really come to this? You spend your money on a game, get home and just want to get stuck in but you can't because of some convoluted and pointless activation scheme that Sony decided to implement. Imagine if 10 years ago someone told you this is how it would be, you'd laugh in their face.

I was really eager to get a PS Vita, but they can forget it.

Even my AR PLAY Card code doesn't work.

So we will see what they have to say. The only thing that is US on this device is my Signin which was orginally created in the USA when i got my PS3 in '09

Also those dark spots on my screen I mentioned in an older post are getting worse and I'm thinking I need a new PSVITA for the problems with the screen.
Yeah, if this info is correct, I'm 99% sure your problem is having a USA PSN account with EU games. The Vita does not allow you to go between differant region PSN accounts normally. Any codes you received for these games will only work with a EU PSN account log in. If you bought codes thru PSN, they will only work with games from the same region as the PSN account.

So if you got online codes for Everybody's golf(Hot Shot's) from the USA PSN store, it will only work with a USA released game. Now I'm not sure why the AR games don't function, because if you got those from USA PSN they should work on your unit, unless there is differant AR cards per differant regions, which could be the case.

If you do decide to return your Vita due to your screen problems, don't forget to deactivate your game & video accounts on your current unit. Otherwise once you get your new unit, you may not be able to log in to your USA PSN account, as the former unit will still be active to that account, and Sony may or may not be able to do it on their end(they can be pretty bad when it comes to this, or they used to be anyways). Now if you plan to set up your new unit with a EU PSN account, it's a non issue, but you may have an issue somewhere down the road if you ever decide to use USA PSN with another Vita, just make sure you read up on returning your unit before you do so, that way you can do what is required to not have future issues.

Chris

Good news, Jumpman~

Please read the very last post of the thread link below.

http://community.eu....15524147/page/2
That's a cool idea. I'm glad to see Sony is doing something to try and improve this obvious problem. I've read to many horror stories in the past from people who's PS3 broke, and they couldn't deactivate their accounts due to the unit being broke and then Sony wouldn't do it on their end either, so this seems to be a good fail safe to prevent future issues.

Chris

Next up...

Outlandish futuristic Sci-fi Paranoia predictions or actual Sony policy?

No one knows anymore.

Like Jumpman stated, your problem seems to be your US account. Even though all the hardware and software you have is European, you're signing in to the the US PSN to activate the keys. Those keys just aren't valid in the US.

I missed your earlier post about the screen issue, so sorry if it has been addressed already, but are you seeing black spots on the screen during loading, while playing your vita with the lights off? If so, that's a common problem. Apparently it's the nature of OLED screens. There are a lot of people mentioning the issue online specifically regarding the Vita, but beyond that that, there are entire scientific papers written about this problem with OLED displays in general. It looks pretty ugly, but isn't an issue with the Vita as such. If the screen is displaying the colour black, the spots almost disappear, but on a blank screen (rather than actually black) during loading etc, it's very obvious.

Edit: It looks like this

ps-vita-screen-problems.jpg

Ok got my responce from Sony tec support

So jumpman is correct, There is a problem with me using my US sign in and trying to activate these network passes. Sony tec supports answer is to create a second account for Europe to use the network functions but I just don't feel like doing that. I'm really not a guy who likes to compete with strangers and all my friends who game are in the US so I would have to buy the network pass again to play with them. So if anyone in the EU is interested in network passes for Everybodys golf or Wipeout 2048 just PM me. They are yours to do what you want with. I won't be using them. I will edit this post if and when anyone wants them.

As for the Screen yep KK25 has a great picture of it. Mine fortunatly doesn't look anywhere as bad as that but it's not perfect either. Apparently I'm going to have to get in touch with Sony Europe to have this fixed and will be with out the PSVITA for a while. I'm going to watch it for a bit if it gets much worse then I'm going to ship it in but other wise it will just be a little pain in the butt. I had dead pixels on my PSP and that only bothered me a bit so I can deal i suppose.

It's unfortunate that my experiance with the Vita has been a little less then steller, I like the unit and want it to succed but it doesn't really have any games i'm interested in and hasn't been super friendly for folks like me who are working over seas.

Thx for the answers and information guys and gals.

The PS Vita Has Seen Better Weeks...

Now, It Looks Kind of Screwed...?

Q8KBQ.jpg

You know things are bad when your old portable is beating your brand new one. This week, Sony's PS Vita sold only 8,931. The PSP sold 14,804 units. The good news, I guess, is that Sony makes both handhelds. The bad? The newly released PS Vita continues to nosedive in Japan. This week it sold less than 10,000.

That's worrying! In comparison, the 3DS moved 72,115 units—not bad for a console that people thought was D.O.A. last year.

Rolling out new hardware is incredibly difficult. The PS Vita, like the 3DS, is an impressive piece of hardware. The 3DS finally has a nice line-up of games to keep players happy—and to entice new 3DS owners. These are growing pains, for sure, and the games are slowly trickling out. But Sony better turn things around, before the rot starts to set in.

http://kotaku.com/59...kind-of-screwed

Back