SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

I just finished Uncharted GA, and my original review of 9/10 stands firm.

A really great game, that I greatly enjoyed. I would say it is my current fave of the series. I'm still playing part 3, and I'm current'y 2 chapters away from the ending, but this was more my cup of tea and kept me more interested along the way.

I'm actually playing it again, and trying to find all of the treasures and hidden items, which I only ever tried to do after I finished U1.

My current series ratings........GA>U1>U2>U3. I will say part 3 has much better acting and longer character dialog scenes, and the huge set pieces are cool, but I prefer the more back to basics of GA.

Chris

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - I definitely want to play this at some point. :)

I've been playing Unit 13 - I'm pleasantly surprised by it. Good, solid gameplay broken into standalone missions, which is perfect for a portable device. Definitely worth checking out. :)

I've just bought Army Corps Of Hell. It's probably going to suck, but I didn't want to pay delivery for the copy of Enslaved I managed to get for £8.

Delivery would have been £2...

Yes...

I'm an idiot.

This might come across as obvious to any who have been on PSN for a while and tried to get stuff off the JP store, but non-Japanese credit cards don't work. They finally added MHP3 to the UMD Passport program, and after getting my disk registered for the discount (the game price comes down to 1200 yen) I realized I couldn't even use my credit card. Not too big a deal since sellers are everywhere selling JP PSN cards, but still a bit of an annoyance. Poop. :p

I've just bought Army Corps Of Hell. It's probably going to suck, but I didn't want to pay delivery for the copy of Enslaved I managed to get for £8.

Yes...

I'm an idiot.
Ive read that it sucks bigtime.So does shinobido 2 the only vita game i have.The entire game consists of pressing triangle.I might get unit 13.

Yes...

I'm an idiot.
Ive read that it sucks bigtime.So does shinobido 2 the only vita game i have.The entire game consists of pressing triangle.I might get unit 13.

It certainly involves more than pressing just triangle, but not much more. It seems to be more or less a button-mash no-briain-fest, but I'm not really far enough into the game to know.

At least Enslaved is brilliant. You win some, you lose some!

My UK mate told me that in his local HMV they were saying they have had more Vitas traded in than sold and that sales have been worse than when 3DS launched.

Last edited by a moderator:
My UK mate told me that in his local HMV they were saying they have had more Vitas traded in than sold and that sales have been worse than when 3DS launched.
I thought I read that the UK was the only place that had better first month sales than the 3DS(or something to that effect). I personally haven't been to any of my local gamestops since release, but once I do, I'll check what they have to say and report back.

Chris

So far I've heard two different things in relation to the vita..some say it's selling really well (at least that's what it appears to be on amazon and other places)..and I've heard it's selling fairly poorly.

I've been back and forth on buying one. Some of the games look amazing...but once my OP comes, it's hard to say how much I'd be using the vita. I am definitely looking to sell my 3DS...while nice, I just don't play it. I play my DS a bit, yet, as I have some RPGS that i have yet to complete.

I bought wipeout 2048 secondhand.Doh.The network code is used up.All online play for wipeout is blocked.There's some mention of updating on the live area scree but no such option exists.This is poor behaviour.No online play at all.I will trade it back in tomorrow and lose about a tenner.Oh well.Ill buy it new.Still whenever i can opt out of such scams i will.

I bought wipeout 2048 secondhand.Doh.The network code is used up.All online play for wipeout is blocked.There's some mention of updating on the live area scree but no such option exists.This is poor behaviour.No online play at all.I will trade it back in tomorrow and lose about a tenner.Oh well.Ill buy it new.Still whenever i can opt out of such scams i will.

I'm pretty sure you can buy an online pass for it through the PSN store. I believe it's $10 to do so, and if you're going to lose that much trading it in anyway.... ;)

This is the worst, most unfathomable, most heinous sort of evil a game publisher could ever unleash upon a retail game. It's a practise which should be stopped, dead.

This is the worst, most unfathomable, most heinous sort of evil a game publisher could ever unleash upon a retail game. It's a practise which should be stopped, dead.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, sure, it sucks for the user, and feels like they are getting nickel-and-dimed. On the other hand, those servers running the online services aren't free. If having everyone who buys the game used contribute to keeping the online services alive for a given game, then I see that as a good thing.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, sure, it sucks for the user, and feels like they are getting nickel-and-dimed. On the other hand, those servers running the online services aren't free. If having everyone who buys the game used contribute to keeping the online services alive for a given game, then I see that as a good thing.
Yeah, I didn't even know the online code was for when I first saw it on PSN. Then I got Hot Shots at launch, and there was a code inside for online service. I was like WTF is this?

I'm all for the company having enough funds to run a server and what not, but this is just getting silly. If you make and produce a game, the second hand market shouldn't be a factor in my opinion. This is just the industry's way of still getting money for mutiple sales of "ONE" game copy.

I recently borrowed Batman AC from a friend, and to use Catwomen I needed to have the code or I needed to buy her from xbox live. I just played without her, and said to hell with it. I haven't even bothered to use my HotShot code yet, as I now have to spend the trouble to activate a feature that should just be active. This is really just taking the joy out of gaming for me.

Chris

Yeah, I didn't even know the online code was for when I first saw it on PSN. Then I got Hot Shots at launch, and there was a code inside for online service. I was like WTF is this?

I'm all for the company having enough funds to run a server and what not, but this is just getting silly. If you make and produce a game, the second hand market shouldn't be a factor in my opinion. This is just the industry's way of still getting money for mutiple sales of "ONE" game copy.

I recently borrowed Batman AC from a friend, and to use Catwomen I needed to have the code or I needed to buy her from xbox live. I just played without her, and said to hell with it. I haven't even bothered to use my HotShot code yet, as I now have to spend the trouble to activate a feature that should just be active. This is really just taking the joy out of gaming for me.

Chris
Yup it's Bs I had the same problem with arkham city too.No catwoman in the secondhand copy.I don't see an option to purchase the code on the ps network for wipeout 2048 on vita.Maybe i have to do it via ps3.Painful nonsense.edit found the option to buy the network pass for ten euros.It has now cost me 45 euros for wipeout.The new and complete copy in gamestop was only 40 euros.That's an extra 5 euros.Rubbish.

AFAIK precious few console games use dedicated servers at all. Being able to, as a clan, rent a fast and stable dedicated server for a console game is something I believe is still severely lacking in the world of console gaming.

I rarely play any console games online simply because the servers are shit (because they're running on someone's console) and the multiplayer matching is shit (no excuse for that one). It boggles my mind how so many people cope with the likes of BF, COD and Halo online on a games console... some people have low standards :D

Bring back UT GOTY, Starsiege Tribes, Q3A, Interstate '76... ahh PC gaming used to be so great.

The only console games I have played online in 10 years is Street Fighter and Mario Kart, but I do use the leader board functions of some games. I believe Hot Shots online allows for leader boards and some tourny play. I haven't really played the game much, so I might just skip online and save the code for resale as I never keep most games for to long anyways. It does suck that I now need to even think about this issue though. Used or not used, online code, or no online code, extra features or no extra features. BS! :p

Chris

Just read that Little Kings Story is coming out for PSVita. I was like one of the only 10 people in the world to buy this for Wii and it's absolutely gorgeous - one of the very best Wii games available.

It's akin to Pikmin in that you control squads of little critters but crossed with the PS2 games Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2 U.S.A.) in that you have to re-build the world around you. Add to that beautiful cartoon style graphics (that some may regard as childish and thusly foolishly overlook), wonderful sound and an engaging story you really can't go wrong with this.

There's some fantastic games coming to Vita - I may just have to splash out :)

Jesus Christ. I had no idea things had got this bad.

That is unbelievable, seriously, part of my brain is saying that cannot be true.

Jesus Christ. I had no idea things had got this bad.

That is unbelievable, seriously, part of my brain is saying that cannot be true.
Sadly, it's true!

Game Manuals are on the way out as well. Just the changing industry I suppose.

Now I'll need to research my second hand purchases and see if I need any extra content or codes before hand, so I will know how much more I may need to spend to have the proper gaming experiance.

WTF!?..........When did video gaming become WORK! :lol:

Chris

Horray, just bought 3 PSP Games:

God Eater Burst (a like Monsterhunter game, but in the future and whit a bit more story)

Innocense Live a futuristic Harvest Moon (you are an Robot and have to manage your farm (what a surprise)

and GTA Vice City Stories, but this game needs still 95 Minutes to been Download because it has 1,5 gb and i try to download it whit the Vita via WIFI...

God Eater is great on the Vita, you can use the right Stick to AIM because on the PSP its mapped on the DPAD, and as i use the Right Stick as DPAD, Aiming is realy easy.., its a lot of fun for 9 €

Harvest Moon isnt up to date whit this Graphiks, its looks a bit like PSX, but its also fun if you like Harvest Moon..

GTA is i think like GTA on the PSP, because its just the PSP GTA, but it has tho download a bit...

So yes, the PSVITA is also great as PSP..

Back