SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

Horray, just bought 3 PSP Games:

God Eater Burst (a like Monsterhunter game, but in the future and whit a bit more story)

Innocense Live a futuristic Harvest Moon (you are an Robot and have to manage your farm (what a surprise)

and GTA Vice City Stories, but this game needs still 95 Minutes to been Download because it has 1,5 gb and i try to download it whit the Vita via WIFI...

God Eater is great on the Vita, you can use the right Stick to AIM because on the PSP its mapped on the DPAD, and as i use the Right Stick as DPAD, Aiming is realy easy.., its a lot of fun for 9 €

Harvest Moon isnt up to date whit this Graphiks, its looks a bit like PSX, but its also fun if you like Harvest Moon..

GTA is i think like GTA on the PSP, because its just the PSP GTA, but it has tho download a bit...

So yes, the PSVITA is also great as PSP..
It's nice to have access to the psp games.I'm looking at syphon filter dark mirror but 20 euros is still a bit steep for a download.The controls should be reconfigurable as syphon filter was not really playable on the psp due to no second analogue stick.

The Big Problem whit these PSP Games is: Normaly there are over 700 mb (beside of some games like Flow or the Harvest Moon Game, Flow had about 160 mb, and the Harvest Moon 260), so if you wants to download PSP Games whit the PSVITA, you need a lot of time, but as you are a member of this Forum, i think you have learnd to have some patience, two hours isnt that much as Two Months

I owned 95% of the best PSP games, and some that wheren't so great, and I just went ahead and kept my PSP.

Syphon Filter was just about the best PSP had to offer, and the controls worked very well once you got used to them. I would like to experiance some of the PSP classics with better controls and resolution, but rebuying games that I have already owned goes against everything I stand for ;) .

Chris

Prometheus, which is the best MegaMan game to get into (any format)?

I'm a serious nut for CastleVania and Metroid, but I could never get into MegaMan (I can't even remember which version I played now), yet from seeing reviews, screenshots and vids Metroid and MegaMan seem pretty similar (or are they completely different?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mind if I ask, why has Sony been black balled by you?

Chris
excuse my ignorance here, but what Sony done right in the last 5 years to make you approve of them as a company in the gaming world...at least software wise?

Ok, yesterday i bought a PSP Game: Colin MC Rae Rally 2005 Plus, and i think the next Game i buy would be a PSVITA Game, because whit these 7 PSP Games , i shal have enought to play for the next 2 Months ..

God Eater Burst is realy fun on the PSVITA, beside of the wole game is in english, and its sometimes a bit divicult for me, my english istnt that good..

but the game itself is a lot of fun..

Prometheus, which is the best MegaMan game to get into (any format)?

I'm a serious nut for CastleVania and Metroid, but I could never get into MegaMan (I can't even remember which version I played now), yet from seeing reviews, screenshots and vids Metroid and MegaMan seem pretty similar (or are they completely different?)
PM me, please, and I'll be glad to talk about this 'til the cows come home - I really don't want to drag this thread off-topic!

This might interest Prometheus keiji inafune's making a vita gamehttp://www.psvitahub...amazing-ps.html

http://www.psvitahub...ng-ps-vita.html
Not in the slightest. I have no interest in Sony products, and never will. (In fact, I'm only posting in this thread to dispel the very notion that I would ever be interested.)
Do you mind if I ask, why has Sony been black balled by you?

Chris
I don't mind you asking. :) I hope you don't mind me responding! :p

1: There is nothing of any interest to me on their hardware. But even if there was (which is, admittedly, *highly* unlikely), I would gladly go without, which leads into point 2...

2: I don't like the way they do business - misusing the law to crush businesses, communities, etc., who have done nothing wrong, and then using the precedent set by this to intimidate other companies into denying service to legitimate paying customers that Sony wants to restrict from purchasing so as to squeeze more money out of them when they eventually release goods in their region (most companies won't export Sony products to Europe, for fear of getting Lik-Sang'd, for example), does not sit well with me. (It is somewhat amusing to see people make a big deal about their hardware being region-free, when it makes no difference to one of the regions that would make the most use of this due to getting the short end of the stick so often, because Sony effectively made it illegal for exporters of said region-free goods to sell them to customers here by means of their method of getting Lik-Sang to shut its doors.)

3: I strongly dislike the way they view and treat their customers - I'm sure we all remember the time when they surreptitiously installed rootkits on the computers of their paying customers, on the assumption that people buying their goods are planning on pirating them.

4: I can't stomach the infantile (and oftentimes hypocritical) behaviour of some of their high-level executives, particularly towards people from labels that they've made up to try to disparage certain types of customer, or simply towards customers who aren't theirs. Worse is that some of their customer-base thinks this is not only acceptable, but also cool, and then emulates it, which means that somewhere along the line, some poor souls have to deal with some very nasty and childish behaviour not just from children, but also from *grown adults*. I know that at its core, this really has its roots in some societal problems, but the behaviour of said executives only seems to perpetuate it as an acceptable thing to do.

5: The way that they spend so much time bashing others' products, only to then turn around and either mimic them or outright reproduce them, grates quite a bit. This is slightly related to point 4, because not only do the executives do it, but so do the portion of the customer-base who likes to ape them.

6: The things that have been complained about by their customers in this thread, regarding stuff like passes to play online which have to be re-purchased under some circumstances, and so on and so forth. This is somewhat related to point 3, but this point is a separate thing because it's gaming-specific.

DISCLAIMER: These views are only my own, gained from my own personal experiences, which have led me to have no interest in the products of this company and no interest in supporting them. My views end where others' begin, and naturally I have no desire to try to influence or rubbish the views of others (I hope that this doesn't even need pointing out!), and haven't posted this to try to cause any arguments, or to try to persuade anyone of anything - I've only posted this because I've been asked what my reasons were. :p

My sincerest apologies for this hopefully brief derailment. I only posted in this thread in the first place because I really didn't like the idea of my name somehow being associated with things that are against what I stand for, and wanted to clear that up. :p (As an aside, I'd like to point out that whilst I do often agree with his points about the industry, unlike some fans I don't blindly praise or care about everything that Keiji Inafune does - mainly because the deserved immense failure of his badly-made vanity-project retcon PSP-flops were a big part of what's contributed to the currently near-dead status of the Mega Man series, outside of Capcom's pettiness. :( )

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have been sick (a lot, lately, long story) and got my self a PSVita to help pass the times when i'm just laying around wishing i was better. I have only had it a few hours and I'm not sure what to make of it. From the software and hardware it seems like a real winner. It is fun and easy to use. I do wish i could move around the home screen with out having to touch the display so much but what i guess they really want to show case the touchscreen. I got the WiFi model because I plan on going back to the US in a few years and don't want to deal with any 3G issues.

I have only 1 game Wipeout2048. As a side note, as a long time fan of this series this is a really nice game (so far) it has a great single player approach, and the courses are really interesting. It's neat to see the world from the Wipeout perspective as it is in transition from contemporary cities into the shiny cities of the future.

What I don't like is that I can't play PS1 games on it. Unless i connect to my PS3. I just wish I could put the on locally, hopefully this is released in a future software update. I mean I can do it with my PSP so why not the Vita?

Also Wipeout2048 didn't come with a manual. I know the video game industry has been crying for a long time that they are not making enough money or something and seem to progressively move further and further down the path of giving us less for more money but no manual? That’s total crap in my opinion, I'm not saying I need 3 blank pages at the end of my manual for "notes" like i got with ever SNES game anymore but come on give me something, some game art, or how about some play controls? Honestly in this case unless i missed it I didn't see a tutorial in Wipeout that showed the moves. If I wasn't familiar with the moves from other series i would be kind of lost.

I would say at this point, it is an amazing piece of hardware and I expect the software to fill out soon enough to really make this device something special, but it might not be worth the price to everyone right now.

PM me, please, and I'll be glad to talk about this 'til the cows come home - I really don't want to drag this thread off-topic!
Fair enough, but a couple of words would have sufficed. Sorry, but it appeared off topic at various points anyway.

^ Oh, I know a couple of words probably would have sufficied, but I also know that once I get started on anything Mega Man-related, I can go on quite a lot. :p My response would have been too long, and I know my limits!

Thanks "P", a great and detailed reply as always.

I'm sure I could almost make an example that Nintendo, Microsoft, and Apple have done similar(and or differant) "BS" practices in the past, present, and I'm sure the Future, BUT I WON'T!

Im not looking to derail the thread or open up a debate. I have personally had issues over the last 30 years with all the companies above. Nothing has been a deal breaker for me, but I do admire your stance on Sony as a company, and your desire to boycott their products. In this day and age, far to many people are willing to accept bad behavior as the norm, and just roll with it.

To each his/her own I suppose. I'm currently loving my Vita, and besides the cost of a memory card, I think Sony has delivered an exceptional product at a super price. The cost for codes and lack of manuals, is just the beggining of what I think will be changes over the ENTIRE industry in years to come.

Chris

Nothing has been a deal breaker for me, but I do admire your stance on Sony as a company, and your desire to boycott their products. In this day and age, far to many people are willing to accept bad behavior as the norm, and just roll with it.
Thankyou. :)

As long as everyone's enjoying what they enjoy, it's all good, as far as I'm concerned. So, that said, I shall bow out, now. :)

Quick question to owners of a Vita. So I just turned my on in a dark room. When the screen is trying to show something that is primarily black (for example connect to the PS3 and then use the "PS" button to turn it off so that you get the white text on a black background) I see regions of really black and then like "back lit black" Sorry this is kind of hard to explain. The regions of really black look as if some kind of liquid has spilled between two layers of glass or something. I hope that makes sense, if you remember from Biology class when you stain a slide and then place the two layers of glass together the Iodine doesn't spread out in a circle it kind of goes in a strange shape.

At any rate when the screen is displaying colors or something you can't tell that there are these dark regions at all so it doesn't effect game play or anything like this but it just looks strange.

I'm sorry if that is not clear, but does anyone else have this with there Vita?

Also yeah i think no manuals and paying to pay online are basically the future of video games, I just wish it didn't feel like I was getting the short end of the deal all the time. I hardly play games online unless i'm doing it with friends, I might just be a grump but damn I just have no patiance for little foul mouthed kids and the lack of commitiment you get when you play with strangers. I would think it would be a fair trade if i go to the store and the game i'm interested in comes in 2 versions 1 with a discount and no online code. I guess I should just be selling the codes i don't use on ebay or something.

Well let me know if you can understand my discription of the Vita screen and if you think it is something to worry about. :unsure:

Thx

Quick question to owners of a Vita. So I just turned my on in a dark room. When the screen is trying to show something that is primarily black (for example connect to the PS3 and then use the "PS" button to turn it off so that you get the white text on a black background) I see regions of really black and then like "back lit black" Sorry this is kind of hard to explain. The regions of really black look as if some kind of liquid has spilled between two layers of glass or something. I hope that makes sense, if you remember from Biology class when you stain a slide and then place the two layers of glass together the Iodine doesn't spread out in a circle it kind of goes in a strange shape.

At any rate when the screen is displaying colors or something you can't tell that there are these dark regions at all so it doesn't effect game play or anything like this but it just looks strange.

Also yeah i think no manuals and paying to pay online are basically the future of video games, I just wish it didn't feel like I was getting the short end of the deal all the time. I hardly play games online unless i'm doing it with friends, I might just be a grump but damn I just have no patiance for little foul mouthed kids and the lack of commitiment you get when you play with strangers. I would think it would be a fair trade if i go to the store and the game i'm interested in comes in 2 versions 1 with a discount and no online code. I guess I should just be selling the codes i don't use on ebay or something.

Well let me know if you can understand my discription of the Vita screen and if you think it is something to worry about. :unsure:

Thx

This is a pretty common issue that nearly all OLED screens exhibit, called mura (a term which actually refers to a few different issues, including the one you described). Nothing to worry about. :) That said, some are worse than others. If yours is particularly bad you might want to exchange it.

Thx

This is a pretty common issue that nearly all OLED screens exhibit, called mura (a term which actually refers to a few different issues, including the one you described). Nothing to worry about. :) That said, some are worse than others. If yours is particularly bad you might want to exchange it.
Wermy is correct. This is a standard issue for OLED, and can be a slight problem to a severe one. I have seen several topics over at Gamefaqs, and it may be better if you get a replacement, or it may be even worse. If you can only notice it under certain situations, don't bother. But if you can see it all the time, and it's bugging you, go ahead and try for a return. Just be aware of the facts.

Chris

Hm...how much are the PSP games? Curious, especially, about the GTA for the Vita. There are a some games I want to get, that'll come out later..but GTA would be kinda cool to play on the bus.

Hm...how much are the PSP games? Curious, especially, about the GTA for the Vita. There are a some games I want to get, that'll come out later..but GTA would be kinda cool to play on the bus.
Not sure if a ps vita specific gta is planned but GTA vice city stories, GTA liberty city stories and GTA chinatown wars (PSP games) are available to download for 15 euros or 12.50 english pounds.Prices vary from 16.60 eng pounds for syphon filter psp to 6.60 for flow.Vita games range from 29 pounds to 41 pounds to 5 pPhysical copies are a little more expensive.

Back