1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Something has gone wrong.

Discussion in 'Pyra News' started by EvilDragon, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Swordfish II

Swordfish II Very Active Member

2. second exodous

second exodous Advanced Member

I know the Pyra isn't in production yet but I think things were learned from the Pandora that made this a lot smoother, doesn't everyone think so?

NetBLOKS likes this.
  3. Caine

Caine Hardcore Member

A bit smoother? Yes. A lot smoother... not really.

AVahne, Gremblo and Swordfish II like this.
  4. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

According to this review of a previous model you need to be connected to an android phone to even set an alarm. While you probably hopefully can run android on your Pyra, that's unlikely to be the main focus of it for a lot of people, which would preclude something like this, unless Huawei have seen the light in more recent times.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 6, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 5, 2018 ---
    It seems to me than MWeston did an amazing job in getting that mainboard done with only about five revisions (public ones at least) and got it all hooked up and working pretty damn well so quickly. Granted, a single core 600MHz part with POP RAM would have circumvented a lot of the problems that have been causing the Pyra team to scratch their heads for the past year or two, but the benefits of having an engineer with access to simulation software only occurred to this team relatively late in the project (or at least that's when it was offered to them).

FBnil, Gremblo and klapse like this.
  5. second exodous

second exodous Advanced Member

The cases seemed to go a lot smoother, or at least it seemed like to me. I may have been following the Pandora a lot closer than the Pyra. I was at an age where I could let my whole life revolve around it where now I'm an adult. that could be it.

6. Caine

Caine Hardcore Member

They still took quite a while, but it is also a very complex thing. At least major language and cultural barriers were avoided this time by producing more locally. That certainly was a lesson learned.

Gremblo likes this.
  7. Bosbeetle

Bosbeetle Terminally lost

Definetly stuff was learned from the pandora, but I guess a lot of stuff you just cannot predict. I think that's whats being learned from both projects.

8. DoodleMonger

DoodleMonger Still Fresh

I might get on board with this. I bought a Pi but USB 2.0 is trash, and then I got a CubieTruck but it's annoying to get going from scratch. Something that's "Pyra compatible" would be nice as a little torrent box, even if it had a CPU that's "bad" and has to be underclocked to work properly or some other such problem.