Something has gone wrong.

Und wieviele Hitze kann die Pyra jetzt ab nachdem die Wärmeleitung so gut funktioniert??

Oder ist die Wärme von außen weniger ein Problem weil die CPU mehr Wärme entwickelt als wir hier in Europa je haben werden ??

Und wieviele Hitze kann die Pyra jetzt ab nachdem die Wärmeleitung so gut funktioniert??

Oder ist die Wärme von außen weniger ein Problem weil die CPU mehr Wärme entwickelt als wir hier in Europa je haben werden ??

Kraftwerk? Ja Bitte!

Although not part of the EU for long, the UK is still part of Europe, and it's currently so hot that after a few hours of idling, I feel that laying my hands on my laptop actually draws heat away from it.

Ok so according in wich part of this world you be, it can get pretty hot,

So whe have about 29*C at my Place,
Will the Pyra still be able to run whiteout shutdowns??

And as it’s meant to be pocketable, it will also get pretty hot due to the Body Temperature, and the sun radiation’s..

Thedriving force behind heat exchange is the difference in temperature. So, when you want the SoC not to go beyond some max. temp, the environmental temperature matters to you, because it controls how much load you can put on the device. Iirc, the amount of heat transfered grows linearly with the temp. diff. (TD), i.e. at 20 C TD you get half the power compared to 40 C TD. (My new keyboard doesn't do the degree symbol; that superscript circle.)

Im more a practical user, im currently can see the Pyra in my Hands, I’m pretty optimistic,
I know whe aren’t there yet, but pretty close,
So I just want to know how to deal with hot environment,
When I didn’t should power on my Pyra,
Or when i shouldn’t start the Dreamcast Emulator cause it’s too hot for full power
And rather play some Atari Games..

So playing Tetris in Bed under the blanket in Summer would not be an issue for the Pyra??
Mosquito's? or pr0n-tris?

After my exams I'll come for a visi
Good luck at the exams (study, right? Not medical exams, I hope?)
[doublepost=1530643247,1530642610][/doublepost]
I live in Texas
I'll assume you stay in the shadow at all times during the summer, next to an AC... in that case: Yes.
I'll assume you do not leave your Pyra in the car, in the sun.... I did... my Pandora will never be the same...

The glass transition temperature of polycarbonate is 147 degrees celcius (297 °F) and is deemed usable up to 130C. I doubt temperatures get quite that high in a parked car in the sun on earth. If it got that hot, a dog left inside would not just die, it'd be barbecued.

I don't know what the Pandora case is made out of off the top of my head for comparison though.

Thedriving force behind heat exchange is the difference in temperature. So, when you want the SoC not to go beyond some max. temp, the environmental temperature matters to you, because it controls how much load you can put on the device. Iirc, the amount of heat transfered grows linearly with the temp. diff. (TD), i.e. at 20 C TD you get half the power compared to 40 C TD. (My new keyboard doesn't do the degree symbol; that superscript circle.)

You dont need the degree-symbol °. Temperature differences are written in Kelvin.

You dont need the degree-symbol °. Temperature differences are written in Kelvin.
Still, it's a question worth answering. As much as I like the British layout of my T60p for programming, it drove me nuts to find out where to find this symbol that is being printed on every single German keyboard.

For those that enjoy the goodness of a full 4 layer UK layout that is commonly being provided on Linux, it is located on the 4. level of the 0 key - or, alternatively as an accent, the 4. level of the [ key. Credits for this go to Mate for keeping the Gnome2-style full visual view of the available keyboard layouts in its graphical configuration program.

The degree symbol is unicode 000000b0, so you can just type shift+ctrl+u, then b and then 0 to get it practically anywhere. Remember, high temperatures make you sweat which can lead to B.O.

so you can just type shift+ctrl+u
Everyone who wants to regularly use random symbols outside of the printed layout should be aware of how to enter codepoints directly, but that is no solution for symbols that you need all the time. That is just a shitload of key presses for a single regularly used symbol, without any fixed position to use as a mnemonic hook to recall it.

True, but it may be worth mentioning that the unicode chacacters known as ring above and that of degree symbol aren't actually the same glyph. In my 8x8 terminal font, the degree symbol looks to be a 4x4 circle in upper center, while ring above is a 4x3 cicle even higher in the line and slghtly more to the left. I doubt there are many countries keyboards that actually contain a degree symbol in the default keymap. Of course, you could configure the ring key when not used in combination with a letter as the degree glyph, but you could do the same on the UK keyboard if you can decide on a symbol you can lose. Just the graphic on the keyboard will be slightly out in that case, but as someone who runs a UK laid out keyboard in a US configuration (so that getting a pipe is a two finger keypress, rather than a three finger keypress on this keyboard by default), my fingers clearly don't care what's actually written on each key.

at-first-i-was-like-but-then-i-lold.jpg

True, but it may be worth mentioning that the unicode chacacters known as ring above and that of degree symbol aren't actually the same glyph. In my 8x8 terminal font, the degree symbol looks to be a 4x4 circle in upper center, while ring above is a 4x3 cicle even higher in the line and slghtly more to the left. I doubt there are many countries keyboards that actually contain a degree symbol in the default keymap. Of course, you could configure the ring key when not used in combination with a letter as the degree glyph, but you could do the same on the UK keyboard if you can decide on a symbol you can lose. Just the graphic on the keyboard will be slightly out in that case, but as someone who runs a UK laid out keyboard in a US configuration (so that getting a pipe is a two finger keypress, rather than a three finger keypress on this keyboard by default), my fingers clearly don't care what's actually written on each key.
We could just map that to Fn+Shift+0 on the Pyra...
Unlabeled keyboard layers mapping threads time?

Back