Slackware inside Pandora.

I'm uploading a new -current rootfs v8.

Wifi now reworks, and i managed to install a brand new omapfb driver, some xorg.conf editing was necessary.

Optimized MPlayer is back.

Gksu is also working back as i switched from Slim to GDM. I'll work on a custom theme, default one is ugly.

Many updates, like PNDManager, pndlibs, network manager etc.

Basically, it's back to a usable state, i only need to fix the pandora button function chooser.

Upload finished in ~3 hours.

Upload finished, did that meanwhile:

screenshot.png

Ok, found how to "fix" gdm under Slackware, ln -s the .xinitrc to .xsession, and select User Dot xsession as default.

Then as usual, launch xwmconfig to select a GUI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloading now!  :D

Thanks so much for all your work on SL4P -- probably my favorite project to follow on the Pandora.

I've been showing off my Pandora w/ SL4P at work -- people just amazed at all you can do with it.

I really enjoyed your write-up as well.

Did big files copies on my CC, from the network or SD to SD, no problem encountered.

I'll wait for the next release of Sl4p to try it for the first time :)

I hope that I'll be able to build Haxe, Neko and their dependencies on it.

Linux-SWAT, just to confirm, is it possible to update to the latest -current from Slackware itself, or do you suggest wiping up the card altogether and restart from scratch ? 

I've suffered a massive hard drive crash after Xmas.

Took me a while to recover data.

SL4P-current is back, and i resumed the work on SOLEIL.

Last days/weeks before 14.1 release.

As usual, i'm lastly trying to compile Libre Office, especially because abiword has an icon bug, and i really don't want to ship SL4P without proper document editor.

Back