Slackware for Pandora 14.2

hi @Linux-SWAT
got this OS working, nice, but I can't seem to get Mass Storage working, the Mass Storage program itself works but I am not seeing drive when hooked to my main laptop?
thanks for any help

I'm not sure what graphical filer slackware runs if any, but if it doesn't you may need to mount your drive after connecting it. It should appear as a /dev/sd* automatically, but unmounted by default.

I'm not sure what graphical filer slackware runs if any, but if it doesn't you may need to mount your drive after connecting it. It should appear as a /dev/sd* automatically, but unmounted by default.
hi sdcard is mounted in pandora but not seen when connected to laptop

Mass Storage works only from the OTG port (the mini usb).

Also check that usb ports are actually enabled.

Hi @peelie2019 (the peelie I met in Paris ?).
If it's included, it works :^)
Just in case, what's the output of lsusb when enabled ? Also check /var/log/the_right_script please.
Also maybe try another cable ?

Hi @peelie2019 (the peelie I met in Paris ?).
If it's included, it works :^)
Just in case, what's the output of lsusb when enabled ? Also check /var/log/the_right_script please.
Also maybe try another cable ?
oui salut c'est moi : ) ca va?
lsusb showing:
Code:
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

dmesg last line shows:
Code:
gadget: high-speed config #1: CDC Composite (ECM +ACM)

"Also check /var/log/the_right_script please"
what does this mean?

(pendent le confinement j'ai finalement installé votre coque en argent pour le pandora!)

Ça va merci :^)

Tested, it doesn't work on my SL4P.

Mistakenly wrote lsusb instead of lsmod.
OP logs are stored under /tmp (I forgot about that):
The file is:
Code:
/tmp/pndrun_op_storage.out

The log file reports that rmmod and modprobe aren't found in op_storage.sh .
Go root with su, then edit:
Code:
/usr/pandora/scripts/op_storage.sh

Add /sbin/ before the four lonely rmmod and modprobe.

Now the problem is that the g_file_storage module can't be found.
But it is there and even insmod can't load it.
Have to investigate, but I currently have no time/energy :-(

Ça va merci :^)

Tested, it doesn't work on my SL4P.

Mistakenly wrote lsusb instead of lsmod.
OP logs are stored under /tmp (I forgot about that):
The file is:
Code:
/tmp/pndrun_op_storage.out

The log file reports that rmmod and modprobe aren't found in op_storage.sh .
Go root with su, then edit:
Code:
/usr/pandora/scripts/op_storage.sh

Add /sbin/ before the four lonely rmmod and modprobe.

Now the problem is that the g_file_storage module can't be found.
But it is there and even insmod can't load it.
Have to investigate, but I currently have no time/energy :-(
hi thanks for investigating.

what does "before the four lonely rmmod and modprobe." mean?
thanks

I assume those are commands inside /usr/pandora/scripts/op_storage.sh, where it says either modprobe or rmmod specify that they're in /sbin/ before each of them.

I am a bit lost. I used to have this as my only pandora OS. Had the poor machine parked for 2 years and decided to undust it.

Now I am unable to connect to the Internet: I use the /usr/pandora/scripts/op_wifi, even the activate wifi menu from xfce4 (even if it is not my standard wm)... The confusing thing is that it seems to work: activates the device, loads the kernel module, dhcp assigns me a valid ip, broadcast and netmask all ok... but when I try to do a ping 8.8.8.8 or go to any website I get a "Network is unreachable error".

At first I tough it might be firmware issues, but I have the same results when I plug an USB Wireless dongle (well,in that case it refuses to use it), try USB tethering with my mobile, or even Bluetooth.

It is not hardware related, because if I boot into the official pandora Linux distro, I got Internet (and sound, which I also don't have in sl4p).

Maybe updating will fix it, but... yeah, no Internet makes it a bit tricky to do

Hi @Linux-SWAT
Are you planning on creating a 15.0 slackware version now that it is finally released in February? I would totally understand if you didn't - the Pyra is available, there is a lot less activity on the forum and it might not even be technically feasible. Still using 14.2 on one of my Pandora's and don't really have any major issues. I guess 14.2 will be supported for a few years to come anyway.
Just curious.

Hi !
I plan to release a 15.0, it will be armhf and therefore will not run most pnds.
The development thread is here:

I used the 14.2 a lot recently and found minor problems, I'll probably correct them first.

Back