Slackware for Pandora 14.0

OpenGL programs might be compileable, but as long as they do not use gles they will be slow as hell, as they should use mesa softwareemulation...

Yup, i confirm that. I compiled many games with the 13.37, and only a few were playable.

@ Swat - My login on SL4P is "kingoddball". :blink:

I did not use root.... :wacko:

Could you update the first post with the latest slackware downloads? I don't like digging through pages of posts :)

I'm having troubles untar'ing the .tar. It's fine until it starts creating the symlinks. "Cannot create symlink to '../../bin/rpm': Invalid argument"

Does that for the rest of them too, then exits with with failure status due to previous errors.

Can't really work out what I'm doing wrong. It's a 32GB card, 14GB mounted in ext2 (first partition), 1gb of swap and the rest in FAT32. I'm using the command from the wiki. I'm using debian, if it makes a difference.

Thanks for any assistance you guys can offer.

Reflash your Firmware. Solved a similar Problem for me.

With best regards

Genboo

I'm assuming you're meaning on the Pandora? I meant I'm using debian on a laptop, should I be doing it on the Pandora? I thought you could do it on any linux distro to get the same effect?

I'm having troubles untar'ing the .tar. It's fine until it starts creating the symlinks. "Cannot create symlink to '../../bin/rpm': Invalid argument"

Does that for the rest of them too, then exits with with failure status due to previous errors.

Can't really work out what I'm doing wrong. It's a 32GB card, 14GB mounted in ext2 (first partition), 1gb of swap and the rest in FAT32. I'm using the command from the wiki. I'm using debian, if it makes a difference.

Thanks for any assistance you guys can offer.

Are you sure that you untar onto the correct partition?

What happens, if you try to create a symlink manually on the target partition? Does that work?

Seems to create it fine, I'm more noob than I thought I am apparently.

I created a symlink to my downloads folder and it worked just fine. No errors or anything.

**Edit** I just checked on GParted, and i'm using the EXT2 partition. Should I format the whole card as EXT2 and just have 1GB for swap?

Last edited by a moderator:
First partition must be ext2 (8G size minimum). And the second should be swap.

Ardour. It's not usable (yet):

Screenshot - 11152012 - 02:31:53 PM.png

Screenshot - 11152012 - 03:06:05 PM.png

Nice :)

If you get a jackserver setup running that can use the Pandora soundhardware I will definately try slackware again.

Seems hard with the internal soundcard :/.

I will retry with another usb audio.

Some updates:

So i fixed many little stuff again, compiled new packages, and i also now ship Notaz's recompiled and optimized SDL.

I have to fix two or three cosmetic things, and the screensaver (do someone knows how the Zaxxon screensaver works ? There is no trace of xscreensaver, and xorg.conf does not contains any sign of DPMS).

Unfortunately, Libre Office compilation failed again, which wasn't a surprise because meanwhile, i read somewhere that 1G RAM were needed for the compilation to succeed. I've read after on Gentoo boards that it can succeed with 512M. There's still a possibility to do it 100% native.

I hope ED will allow donations for Slackware project through his site, this way i may complete my original preorder to a 1GHz as fastest as possible and make a last stand before going stable.

I'd really like to ship LO out of the box...

I read that swap can't be used during the linking phase. I may even disable zram if i try on 1GHz unit.

I have a Slackware cross-compile set up, i will probably try this in the next days.

--Edit:

The cross-compile setup is too basic to build LO. I have to find another solution...

I can't seem to get sound to work at all in slackware. When I load the mixer, it says "GStreamer was unable to detect any sound devices. Some sound system specific GStreamer packages may be missing. It may also be a permissions problem."

Also, there seem to be a lot of broken symlinks such as ones to java-7-openjdk. I think I might redownload the tar file or something and see if I can fix it.

Back