Release RVGL - Re-Volt remake

Thanks again!

Finally got around to trying this. I'm both impressed at how nice it runs and also how quickly it was ported. The definitive version! I have deleted the PS and N64 versions! :D

Thanks @ingoreis , I have put that video on 1st post and on the repo.

@TrashyMG: The repo only count 266 pacakge for me on the "My Account" page. Strange that the search doesn't have the same result ?
2016-03-01_14h27_21.png

I just did a search by author and that is what came up.

I just did a search by author and that is what came up.
I did the same.In fact, it looks like it's more a fulltext search with Author name. The 5 packages more are where I'm mentionned in the description (like Alien8 or Vampires_Dawn for example).

I love this game, thank you for this port.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet so I'm hoping it will work OK on my cc Pandora with a bit of overclocking.

I love this game, thank you for this port.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet so I'm hoping it will work OK on my cc Pandora with a bit of overclocking.
It works on CC model (@800MHz), whithout needing any swapfile. Bu it's better to lower some details (no reflect, no shadow and less particles for smoother gameplay).

I noticed some vertical tearing (even with vsync enabled.)
I played around changing drivers etc, but then I disabled the in game VSync option and copied a powervr.ini file with the Vsync enable into the appdata.
Perhaps it's worth doing this by default after some confirmation of course.

But I'm pretty sure I have put a powervr.ini file in the PND this time. I'll double-check.

*EDIT* no, in fact, once again, I forgot :'(

I'll do an update soon...
[doublepost=1456870883,1456842871][/doublepost]So, I added the Anti-tearing hack in the PND.
Also, I have made the Nubs configurable, via the left_nub and right_nub files int appdata/rvgl. Change the content to absolute and the game will recognise them (unfortunatly, you cannot mix both Nubs, as they are seen as separates joysticks for now).

Build 03
-------------

• Anti-tearing hack
  • Nub are configurable as joystick with config files

Is there music in the game, I mean like in the original one?

So, music should be played, but you need 2 files in the root folder of RVGL "frontend.mp3" and "nhood1.mp3" these 2 works for RVGL on PC but doesn't work on pandora :/

Very impressive port. Did remind me how bad I was at that game!! (only played the dreamcast version though)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I've had a quick go on the Dreamcast version via Reicast on the GPD XD where it seems to be running at full speed (with some graphical glitches) and the Pandora version more than holds its own. Framerate is almost as good, and the emulated version at present is missing the guide arrows which makes the game much tougher! All in all, another fab port from the master!!!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

So, will this be a day 1 port for the Pyra or have matters changed when it comes to backwards compatibility to Pandora software?

I think he asked if we would get this port the first day the Pyra is out.

New build on the repo, with a new version of the multiplayer network code. If you can try (cross-platform is supported :) ) and repport your success/failure here.

Also, about the music, don't forget that the original game used CD Track (the two mp3 files listed before are just for the demo version, not the full game). So you will need to rip the Audio tracks of your CD and copy the files named "track02.XXX" to "track15.XXX" inside appdata/rvgl/redbook (XXX can be wav, mp3, ogg or flac).

Build 04
-------------

• New multiplayer code from Huki

Back