Release [REPO] UAE4All - Update

OK, i got problems. After the update the emulator starts with a black screen whenever i try to launch anything and nothing happens. I deleted the appdata folder, then the PND now complains it does the find the kick.rom, while it's still in the same folder as the PND as indicated in the readme.

Whats wrong?

Selection cpu speed 1200,T1 and T2 causes skipping sounds (samples not being played). With T2 more skipping than T1 and T1 more than 1200. Sometimes it even sounds like that modules are being played at a lower speed (slomotion). No problems when selection 500 or 500T

This is normal. In T2, uae needs to emulate more M68000 cpu cycles than in T1 and so the entire emulation slows down.

500: emulates M68000 at normal Amiga 500 speed

500T: double M68000 speed -> double the cycles to emulate

1200: Amiga 500 * 4

1200T1: Amiga 500 * 8

1200T2: Amiga 500 * 16
Maybe I should have said that the emulator runs at "full speed" (cpu stays at 50) and no graphical slowdowns, only sound output is wrong with these settings.

OK, i got problems. After the update the emulator starts with a black screen whenever i try to launch anything and nothing happens. I deleted the appdata folder, then the PND now complains it does the find the kick.rom, while it's still in the same folder as the PND as indicated in the readme.
I removed UAE4ALL and all folders and used these steps to get it working:

- Install UAE4ALL with PNDManager

- Create folders (everything in lowercase) in /media/<sdname>/pandora/appdata/uae4all/

conf

disks

kickstarts

roms

saves

- Copied Kick13.rom, Kick20.rom and Kick31.rom (note: filename starts with uppercase) into folder kickstarts

- Copied some adf-files into folder disks

- Started UAE4ALL and selected UAE4ALL 2.0

- Insert WB21_WB.adf into DF0

- Select Kickstart 2.0

- Select Reset -> everything is fine

I removed UAE4ALL and all folders and used these steps to get it working:

- Create folders (everything in lowercase) in /media/<sdname>/pandora/appdata/uae4all/

conf

disks

kickstarts

roms

saves

- Copied Kick13.rom, Kick20.rom and Kick31.rom (note: filename starts with uppercase) into folder kickstarts

- Select Kickstart 2.0

Is there any particular reason the PND cannot take care of creating these folders by itself in the first place?

Is there any particular reason the PND cannot take care of creating these folders by itself in the first place?
I just updated the PND, so that these folders are created before the check for existing Kickstart shows the error message and stops everything.

Now the steps to get it working:

- Run UAE4ALL -> error message because of missing kickstart (but now, the folders are created)

- Select Kickstart 2.0

I had no problems with the update. I also run it from a fat32 partition.

My kickstarts are all lowercase as well, and my .adf files are not in a directory "disks" but it's called "roms" ... not sure when I last cleared the uae4all appdata folder, certainly not after the last update previous to this one.

For the disks, you can choose any folder you want. Only the kickstart roms must be in the specific folder.

I last cleared the uae4all appdata folder
I'm really careful with changes in the config files to be sure, the old ones can always be used in newer versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
This version is great, it fixes graphic bugs I had with some whdload games. Thanks !

EDIT :

But, is it me or TV-Out mode is a bit blurry ?

Last edited by a moderator:
This version is great, it fixes graphic bugs I had with some whdload games. Thanks !

EDIT :

But, is it me or TV-Out mode is a bit blurry ?
Try different resolutions, or number of lines, this can make a big difference

New request for UAE4All, for TomB. 

A simple one. Can you make sure the emulator saves the "save states" in the appdata folder (in /saves or some other folder you'd like), instead of saving them along the .adf files in the current config ? The reason is, this way I could appropriately support UAE4ALL with BGS (http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=bgs)

Mooboy did this change for example, to accommodate BGS. 

One more request on top of the one above : 

Could you have an option to make the adf list font smaller when displayed ? Many of the titles are too long and not visible till the end. I'm not asking to make this a default, but if you could add a parameter in the config screen to make the font smaller, this would be great. 

Hi there,

I'm new.

Is there a way to have all charsets with the Fn key ?

Some are working but not all. The working ones are : '-=#;/\

Would be cool to have ":" to do DH0: for example and the others.

Thanks

Back