Release [Beta] UAE4All with new GUI

It's ok to mention non working games or demos. But people have to know, that there are limits in uae4all because we'll never have a cycle exact emulation.
 can we not do this?: 

"The code for cycle-exact blitter needs to be added to blitter.cpp from WinUAE's blitter.c (shouldn't be too much work). " - TomB

It's ok to mention non working games or demos. But people have to know, that there are limits in uae4all because we'll never have a cycle exact emulation.
 can we not do this?: "The code for cycle-exact blitter needs to be added to blitter.cpp from WinUAE's blitter.c (shouldn't be too much work). " - TomB
That's just the blitter.

D.

So can that be fixed so we can run wings correctly? Fave game ever!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I just tested Wings and it works in my current version. Perhaps it works also in the latest beta in this thread...

Not tried Wings, so I can't report back, but have gotten Alien Breed 3D 2 running under KG Launcher, as expected it runs pretty slow but it does work (am liking that new (for me at least) launcher, not as pretty as Tiny Launcher but I can run is as a HD Dir and more games seem to work). The original Alien Breed runs at almost fullspeed at 1240ghz, which is defintiely almost 10 fps faster than what it was doing before. I still run it at frameskip one, the difference isn't noticeable.

I've found one game which although it runs under UAE4ALL, performs really oddly, Blitz Bombers. It loads but the music plays strangely and the game itself is very sluggish. It's not a game that should particularly put the emulation under any great pressure I would have thought though? :blink:

The problem with wings is that the 2d parts of the game go too fast.

This was with an older version, not tried the new version yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
The intro plays normal. Other cinemaware games are also fixed.

Coolio I guess that means itcame from the desert too. I concur wings is fixed although the bombing and strafing runs were quicker than I remember but that's just my memory :)

No it's a lot slower than it was before it was fixed. It just seemed a bit quicker than original Amiga but its definitely slower than it was

I have a USB zipstick turning up in the post. Is it just a case of plugging it in and it will work in uae4all or do I have to do some faffing first? :)

- Bugfix in M68020 Opcode UNPK: SlamTilt shows correct score now
Whoa, first you fixed Lionheart and now this - incredible stuff!

How did you figure out which Opcode was broken and how to fix it?

Lionheart and Slam Tilt not working correctly and Cinemaware games running too fast were the only things left that bothered me in UAE4All.

Time to dust off my my trusty old CC Pandora (which fortunately can handle 1 GHz stably). With its 50Hz display and now every important game working it's still the best portable Amiga.

First I check which of the ABCD/SBCD opcodes are used and which memory address is involved. Than I checked what other opcodes accesses these memory regions and found PACK and UNPK. Analysing these opcodes shows me that the incremented register was not written back to m68kcontext in UNPK. That's it.

Doesn't your GHz pandy have 50hz display?
Of course the 1GHz and Rebirth Pandoras can also display 50Hz - I meant the Pandora in general is still the best device for portable Amiga emulation due to its 50Hz capable display.

Btw., I only have a CC Pandora (suffices for all the Amiga games that I like).

First I check which of the ABCD/SBCD opcodes are used and which memory address is involved. Than I checked what other opcodes accesses these memory regions and found PACK and UNPK. Analysing these opcodes shows me that the incremented register was not written back to m68kcontext in UNPK. That's it.
Ah, so easy. ;)

Great work - thanks a lot for your efforts!

Once again a big thanks for me to everyone who has helped to get Amiga emulation to such a polished state on the Pandora!!  :D   :D   :D

Back