Beta UAE4ARM with bsdsocket

TomB, if I have Port0 set as 'Nubs as mouse' and Port1 set as 'dPad as joystick' then the left nub and dpad act as joystick and the right nub controls the mouse but what buttons are supposed to be the mouse buttons ? If I set 'dPad as mouse' then the left nub and dpad control the mouse and A+B are left and right mouse button. Is it possible to have mouse and joystick at the same time because there is no longer a key to switch between them in-game ?

Also, does the PrtSc * key still work because I can't exit my WHDLoad games anymore, or is this another Android bug ? (I am on Android).

what buttons are supposed to be the mouse buttons
The right nub: move left for left mouse button and move right for right mousebutton.
[doublepost=1468575810,1468575697][/doublepost]
Also, does the PrtSc * key still work
This key doesn't exists on Pandora, so this key isn't handled in the device specific part of inputdevice. The Android or Raspi port has to take care of this.

This key doesn't exists on Pandora, so this key isn't handled in the device specific part of inputdevice. The Android or Raspi port has to take care of this.

I meant the PrtSc key on Amiga keyboard that's used to quit WHDLoad. I have mapped the Amiga PrtSc key to a joypad button but it doesn't work now (since your last two updates). It may be a bug with the Android port because Lubomyr said he couldn't get some keys to work.

Concerning the nubs, if I have Port0 as 'nubs as mouse' then only the right nub/analog moves the mouse and I have no way to press mouse buttons as the left analog and d-pad control the joystick. Another Android bug ?

Last edited:
Concerning the nubs, if I have Port0 as 'nubs as mouse' then only the right nub/analog moves the mouse and I have no way to press mouse buttons as the left analog and d-pad control the joystick. Another Android bug ?
The left nub is for mouse moving, the right nub is for mouse button press. dPad is for joystick move, ABXY buttons are for joystick button press.
This is the current state on Pandora and the behaviour hasn't changed.

The left nub is for mouse moving, the right nub is for mouse button press. dPad is for joystick move, ABXY buttons are for joystick button press.
This is the current state on Pandora and the behaviour hasn't changed.

I'll have to ask Lubomyr about this then (and add it to the growing list of Android bugs) and hope he tries to fix it.
[doublepost=1468579845,1468578195][/doublepost]One more thing, sorry, this is a bit confusing on Android because it doesn't act the way it's supposed to and I can't test on Pandora as I don't own one. So what happens if Port0 is set as 'dpad as Mouse', does this mean no Joystick controls because the buttons will be the mouse buttons ?

No, dPad acts then as mouse and joystick.
Hey uh how do I make cd work in a normal amiga? Because it's not detected at all in amigasys. Or is it just for cd32? Speaking of cd32, it doesn't seem to detect any of my cds WITH the cd option checked.

I have to check if CD without CD32 requires emulation of an IDE or SCSI controller.
On my Pandora, I have no problems with any cd I tested.

I have to check if CD without CD32 requires emulation of an IDE or SCSI controller.
On my Pandora, I have no problems with any cd I tested.
In winuae it requires uaescsi.device enabled

Hi, I use the Android port of UAE4Arm but I thought I'd post this here as well as I don't know if its an Android bug or not.

I'm getting strange CPU speeds with this new JIT.

On SysInfo.

JIT ON

68040 Fastest - 329427 Dhrystones
68040 25 Mhz - 2600 ?
68040 14 Mhz - 2600 ?
68040 7 Mhz - 2600 ?

JIT OFF

68040 Fastest - 12979 Dhrystones
68040 25 Mhz - 4649
68040 14 Mhz - 2598
68040 7 Mhz - 1278

As you can see, with JIT ON, 25, 14 and 7 Mhz all give the same speed. I also get the same scores with 68020 !

If you try a WHDLoad game, like 4D Sports Driving at for instance 68040 Fastest NO GIT, it's quite slow and jerky but if you change the CPU to 25 Mhz it's faster !! Fastest CPU seems the same as 7 Mhz in games with JIT OFF. Is this also a bug on Pandora version ?

If you try a WHDLoad game, like 4D Sports Driving at for instance 68040 Fastest NO GIT, it's quite slow and jerky but if you change the CPU to 25 Mhz it's faster !! Fastest CPU seems the same as 7 Mhz in games with JIT OFF.
You have to understand how "Fastest" is working. We use as much time as possible to emulate more CPU cycles estimated by the elapsed time since last vsync. Between CPU emulation and next vsync, we have to do the real drawing of the frame and this takes sometimes more time than expected (for example if using HAM, lot of sprites or lot of color changes in some rasterlines). If this happens, we miss the hardware vsync and the SDL_Flip() waits an entire frame till return and we have the stutter.
On Pandora, we reduced this with a modified handling of vsync in latest kernel (done by notaz).
[doublepost=1471759112,1471757076][/doublepost]Here is a new beta version of UAE4ARM.
I used profiling option from gcc to optimize performance, so maybe there are some unexpected behaviours.

Changes since last beta:
- Avoid audio delays in some games/demos
- Automatic switch of freshrate for programmed NTSC/PAL mode change
- Bugfix in JIT which sometimes caused seg faults when enter gui
- Savestates enabled for HD and CD configurations (don't know if this is stable)
- Optimized with profiler
- Added option "Wait for blits" from WinUAE
[doublepost=1471759765][/doublepost]
JIT ON

68040 Fastest - 329427 Dhrystones
68040 25 Mhz - 2600 ?
68040 14 Mhz - 2600 ?
68040 7 Mhz - 2600 ?
I can't confirm this on Pandora, i get
68040 7MHz - 1275
68040 14MHz - 2595
68040 25MHz - 4649
68040 Fastest - 119000
Only thing I noticed is that you have to do a reset after changing cpu speed.

Attachments

• uae4arm_src.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 549
  • UAE4ARM.pnd
    4.6 MB · Views: 232
So you have to reset when changing CPU speed with JIT ON for it to take affect but don't have to reset when JIT is OFF.

I also tried FA18 Interceptor and Arachnophobia with JIT OFF and Fastest and it does't seem to affect it, if I change the CPU to 25 Mhz it is noticeably faster/smoother. This never used to be like this on previous versions, so maybe it's a bug in the Android version.

Will the 'write enable' on floppies become available, and any thoughts on my Two Custom Resolutions Toggle request ? (Maybe just type the two resolutions into the config file and have a button to alternate between the two ?) Sorry to keep bugging you about it, just refreshing it :)

Last edited:
Back