Pyra news partially stale from the dragon's mouth

Or whoever. Just so long as its news. Like actual news not opinion or commentary.

I realize I'm only adding to the noise by making this comment, but jeeeeeze louise.

Maybe have an official 'News Thread' that only has official bits - then a corresponding thread in General where we all go nuts?

Commentary on the news and having the threads diverge into completely off-topic things when the actual news has been slow is a bit of a tradition here though - which adds to community chatter and cohesiveness. I can kind of see it both ways.

I think commentary and opinion are great, why else have a forum. But it sucks that I have to like check ED's post history to get to the real news and theres real news and info from people with actual protos or working on stuff on the software side I never see that gets lost in the churn of arguments and jokes and memes and crap.

I like both, I just wish there was an easy way to see all news that was pertinant at a glance without having to dig through the detritus. I don't want to drag this thread down with whining, I'm just bored and cranky.

Maybe whe should keep the Newsposts clean by a bit selfdisciplin:
News Posts are for Questions on the News Topic, and if someone wants to get offtopic, just put this Offtopic whit a Quote on the Corresponding Topic in the News Thread to the Off Topic Thread..

Issue solved ^^

Whit best regards, Matthias

We still have the stalker, although that's currently cluttered up with hns writing about the pandora lcd cable in the main, because ED hasn't posted anything in the past week it shows, although that reveals that it's not tracking ED's shop twitter where he posted something about a German lanugage podcast he does in German. Not a big loss though, he usually uses that to post about new controllers and games and thing in his shop, not specifically Pyra stuff.

But it's what I used to use along with pandorapress (rip) when I got a little fed up with the amount of noise on these boards, although that what more to do with the specific intent of that noise versus the kind of mostly good hearted chatter around at the moment.

To anyone, who likes how lively the news posts threads are, there's only ED always adding his newsbits to the first post and linking back from a new post OR the other way around OR a separate index.

Last edited:
I canceled my Pyra pre-order.
Currently I am messing with Odroid Go Advance. Such a great device, cheap, fully open and moddable.

Can`t wait for Hardkernel to release the next Odroid Go version in the next year or two, I hope for dual analog with clickable L3 and R3, and additional L2 and R2 triggers.
until then I will continue to use the current Odroid Go Advance.

Both Pyra and GPD WIN are unable to replace my laptop or phone, and they are expensive. The cost is not a problem for me, from several years I have high end gaming/work PC, with ridiculously expensive and overkill components, but any regular joe can build a perfectly fine gaming rig and play all of the latest games at 1080p with maxed out settings, for less then the price of Pyra or GPD WIN.

And I am okay with the idea to have a dedicated gaming handheld with 8 hours of battery life in my backpack, so for me OGA is the way to go.

I have long been contemplating the same.

I loved my Pandora, but i used it more like a computer than a gaming system. My cosmo readily fills the portable computer role, video out, and since it is my phone, I always have it and it probably has the better touch type keyboard.
The downside is no full Linux, and no multiple sd cards... But the sd card thing isn't a big deal.

Add to that "it's almost ready," has been the Pyra mantra for years and I'm pretty tired of it.

Post by ED:
Quick update: With a bit of luck we'll have two more developers soon who have already worked with the OMAP5 and are also experienced with embedded devices.
I'll keep you informed about that.
For the people who don't look in the prototype thread.
Lets hope for some luck!

Back