Pyra news partially stale from the dragon's mouth

Some Years ago, i bought a Blue Ray Player, a Box of James Bond Movies, and another Movie on Blue Ray, and whe have a bunch of DVD, but i wouldnt want to rip the Disks to watch them on a Mobile Device like the Pyra.., also i have a 10 gig Dataplan, so watching Netflix even whitout WLAN wouldnt be a big issue for me..
And as long the dark parts of the Movie arend too dark, i wouldnt mind to have just SD..
If you do decide ever to rip and transcode your discs for mobile viewing, Handbrake does a good job of tying everything together. And yeah even on old CRT TVs I was able to see DVD's lack of control of dark areas, and that's only got worse since moving to LCD TVs.

If you do decide ever to rip and transcode your discs for mobile viewing, Handbrake does a good job of tying everything together. And yeah even on old CRT TVs I was able to see DVD's lack of control of dark areas, and that's only got worse since moving to LCD TVs.

I fiddled around a bit with doing that on my prototype. Until we get a working H.264 codec, playing back my .mp4 files isn't going to work so well. As is it tries real hard to software decode, but it isn't exactly fluid about it.

I know that traditionally we've all craved news on hardware. Now I'm wishing for news on software (codec/drivers). Just so you know - the wishing for news part never ends.

@Confuzzled You learned that from a joke about a rabbi and a priest. ?
No. I think I learned it from an autobiography of someone who learned it at a university sometime before the Second World War. It involved a pair of male students at a bathing place where it was customary to bathe naked being surprised by a family known to them in a boat. The theological student preserved his modesty by covering his genitals, the student of logic preserved his anonymity by covering his face. The joke is probably older than that and can be adapted to a number of professions.

Just about time whe get our Pyrae, so you dont have time anymore to make jokes about other peaple hats ^^

My other Hat is a Bicycle Helmet ..

But yes, i hope so everything whit EvilDragon is fine, not allone for the Pyra Project..

I don't make jokes about other peoples hats. I make jokes about other peoples.

Just about time whe get our Pyrae, so you dont have time anymore to make jokes about other peaple hats ^^

My other Hat is a Bicycle Helmet ..

But yes, i hope so everything whit EvilDragon is fine, not allone for the Pyra Project..

Your hat is fine. I have one very similar, but not in as good condition. Mine gets used instead of an umbrella in spring and autumn, as it leaves both hands free*, and as a sun hat in summer - the brim being big enough to shade my eyes and ears and the back of my neck, so it is very practical. If by wearing it I make people smile, that's good. Giving people a reason to smile is nice.

*The hoods on rain-jackets don't turn when I turn my head, and don't shield my spectacles from the raindrops.

This thread is now about hats. Please, talk only about hats or Blinky will remove your message with a green text.

Thank you.

So if you see someone whit a brown Hat and a Pyra, it’s me
Im also using this Hat for Rain, Sunnshine and Snow, as it’s more freedom than a normal Hood, ..

Also whe had these Canadian Ranger Hats at Boyscouts and I found they pretty useful..

Whit best regards, Matthias

Maybe to show my „Whyrdness“ (is this a English Therm? ) ,
Normal Peaple wouldn’t wear such a Hat, but a normal Beany or a Basecap or something..

The question is: ar there any normal people in this Boards anyway??

Would normal Peaple wait that long for a Linux Handheld whit not that actual specs?

Wouldn’t a normal person buy a Notebook and a Smartphone, or something?

Maybe to show my „Whyrdness“ (is this a English Therm? ) ,
Normal Peaple wouldn’t wear such a Hat, but a normal Beany or a Basecap or something..

The question is: ar there any normal people in this Boards anyway??

Would normal Peaple wait that long for a Linux Handheld whit not that actual specs?

Wouldn’t a normal person buy a Notebook and a Smartphone, or something?

Hi Matthias,

FWIW, the English term would be 'weirdness'......

:)

Mark

Back