Pyra news partially stale from the dragon's mouth

News is kind of irrelevant at this point, unless it's regarding a problem with the production.

What's more of interest is the delivery notification, and any videos / pictures from those lucky people to receive one earlier.

What? we care not about the pyra, we are here just for THE NEWS!
I need both! I need the Pyra and the news!
News is kind of irrelevant at this point, unless it's regarding a problem with the production.

What's more of interest is the delivery notification, and any videos / pictures from those lucky people to receive one earlier.
Wash your mouth!

Refresh my memory someone, please; if I recall correctly there was a small pre-pre order batch, consisting of how many units?
Was there then one or two more rounds of pre-orders after that? Also; consisting of how many units?

I forgot why I wanted a pyra in the first place

This is bad, but I remember why I wanted my Pandora in the first place: as a solution to play Gameboy Games whitout the need of that lot of Batteries for the Gameboy Classic
Then I got more information on the German and later international Boards,

And as the Pandora was good, but the Pyra will be much better (at least I hope so) I preordered the Pyra ^^

Whit best regards, Matthias

I wanted a smartphone with a physical keyboard (I had a N900 and an Xperia Pro and I loved both, but both are now broken) but also a very small/portable laptop, and a quality portable audio player and a portable game console, and even maybe a small drawing tablet with a stylus! (some people make awesome stuff with Flipnote Studio on Nintendo DS so why not on the Pyra!). Also I’m a developer and maybe I’ll code stuff for the Pyra ;) I already have a project that will run on of it.

PS: you can’t have my N900 for spare parts, I already gave it to a friend of mine to keep his own N900 alive longer!

8 (prototype pre-orders), 200 (early-bird pre-orders) then 300 and a final 500? I think...
The last 500 were no seperate order round. Actually it was just two rounds. At first you could pre-preorder or order a prototype which was limited to 200/8, and in the year after that, normal preorders had started and are open ever since. So the current preorder is not limited in number, the production batch sure is - Which could be a problem if the preorder number just barely exceed the number of units in two batches. But of course we all hope that once the pyra is out, enough regular orders would get in to assure many more batches.

The last 500 were no seperate order round. Actually it was just two rounds.

I meant regarding manufacture of certain parts, although shipping / manufacture will likely continue at the same time, so not an issue. I believe that if there were to be an unexpected issue in manufacture of the first batch, there could be a delay for the remaining batch, if it was somehow affected... hopefully that's highly unlikely though.

I meant regarding manufacture of certain parts, although shipping / manufacture will likely continue at the same time, so not an issue.
Sure, though the original question from Wrath of Khan was if there were several rounds of preordering, I figured your post was meant as an answer to that.

Sure, though the original question from Wrath of Khan was if there were several rounds of preordering, I figured your post was meant as an answer to that.

That is true, but pre-orders and delivery are linked. I remain optimistic, but I'm mentally prepared that my unit may be produced & delivered much later than the initial production batch of (the initial 500) mass-produced units.

So if it was 8 then 200 then the third batch then I am near the start of the third batch I believe.

I don't think the manufacturing batches work like that. Most if not all of the 8 paid prototype users have already been fulfilled. Manufacturing batches work in 500s more or less, so if you preordered early then you're bound to be in the first non-prototype batch I'd have thought. Same for the first 300 people that preordered and hadn't previously pre-preordered (they'll be in the first batch because they pre-preordered though, we just shouldn't double count them).

Cause it seems like its not that long away anymore, and as i want my Pyra also to took some of the Tasks from my Iphone (Write and Read in Boards, Watch Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Disney +), and as a Mobile Internet Device, i need to reearange my EDC a bit, so i can draw the Pyra a bit easer, and its dont dye because its get too hot in the Pocket my Pandora was..

Also the Issue whit my old EDC Order was that i first had to take off the bag for my Cables and the Tiny PC Mouse i carry to draw the Pandora..

Now the Place for my Pandora/Pyra is in the Pocket above where also the E-Book is..

I know my Pockets are worse than the Handbag of a Woman.. ^^

Cause it seems like its not that long away anymore, and as i want my Pyra also to took some of the Tasks from my Iphone (Write and Read in Boards, Watch Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Disney +), and as a Mobile Internet Device, i need to reearange my EDC a bit, so i can draw the Pyra a bit easer, and its dont dye because its get too hot in the Pocket my Pandora was..

Also the Issue whit my old EDC Order was that i first had to take off the bag for my Cables and the Tiny PC Mouse i carry to draw the Pandora..

Now the Place for my Pandora/Pyra is in the Pocket above where also the E-Book is..

I know my Pockets are worse than the Handbag of a Woman.. ^^

I wonder how Amazon Prime Video will perform on the Pyra though. In order to get HD on Linux nowadays you either need the Android app or an approved web browser. On my laptop I solved it by installing Microsoft Edge (the development version for Windows 7) in WINE, but I literally shiver every time I think about that as a concept. On a screen the size of a Pyra I think SD quality might look fine or at least good enough, but when we have a screen capable of 720p I want to actually get 720p content.

It hurts enough that I'm still paying full price for a service that refuses to deliver full content, both in terms of selection for my country and quality for my devices.

Back