Pyra news partially stale from the dragon's mouth

The position is determined when you placed the order, not when your payment arrived :)#

If all goes well, there will not be a huge gap (if any) between the batches.
With 250 delivered, I can pay and order the next batch.

And we WILL need some time to assemble these units, so it could be the next boards will be finished when the remaining 250 from the first batch have been delivered.

Money is really really tight, as everything did cost a LOT more than I expected (and I calculated in 100k EUR as safety - due to the issue, we got over that!). It won't be easy, but everything is manageable :)
Did you take into account, that some bought additional vouchers to use for final payment - i.e. producing no further cashflow?

Money is really really tight, as everything did cost a LOT more than I expected (and I calculated in 100k EUR as safety - due to the issue, we got over that!). It won't be easy, but everything is manageable :)
If you got a way to determine the final cost with shipping on my preorder, I'm more than willing to pay up the rest now if you need more cash flow. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I think I have prepreorder pcb 144 so that will be in the first batch. I remember not being as timely with ordering as for my pandora. I do find the whole voucher + order process a bit complex, so I have no Idea how much I still have to pay (I hope ED does) I will chip in some extra for the hard work, and fun times following these projects. When do we preorder the upgrade CPU board? ;)
Remember that your order number is governed by the time you placed your pre-preorder, which required no vouchers. It was only when you came to upgrade this that you required a voucher code first round, but this doesn't affect your pre-preorder number.

Remember that your order number is governed by the time you placed your pre-preorder, which required no vouchers. It was only when you came to upgrade this that you required a voucher code first round, but this doesn't affect your pre-preorder number.

And does the order number have anything to do with the number on the pcb or not, in the latter case I'm probably much later :(

I see I bought a pyra voucher first and then I put in the order for the pyra, the latter was : 05/1/2016 22:08:56 CET So more that a day to late...

Last edited:
If i remember correctly, it will be booth: in order of the Preeorders, but if somewhone who Preeorders ditnt fullfill its final Payment, the next one will get his Pyra shipped..
But the Pree Pree Order Units (where you got the Special Dummy Board whit the Number, (this might be a pretty Expensive Collectors Item in some yeahrs), will get a special Place on the Shelf in EvilDragons Shop so they can Ship to the right Pree Pree Order Guy that maybe made the final things that needet do finish the Order a bit later..

Yes, only the pre-preorderers (the first 200) got a special unpopulated early revision board with HNS's signature in copper and ED's in silver pen, along with the exact number you got. I might expect later orderers to get a serial number that's somehow related to their order position, but that would probably only be on the sticker in the battery compartment, not anywhere on the PCB, for anyone who ordered an actual functional Pyra.

I'd be tempted to pay extra for an ED signature or other stuff that could be added to the package... especially if it could help with cashflow ;)

Reactions: rSl
Honestly I already want to buy two. Should've pre-ordered two. And extra clear cases and keymats.

• Love
One Thing i dotnt understand yet: How can someone make a Manual from a Pyra? , At this stage, the Software isnt mature enough to be final, so a Manual should be pretty outdated in some months..
Wouldnt make a Business Card whit the pyra-handheld.com on it make much more sense?

Some of the things whe have to know about the Pyra are the same as on the Pandora (dotnt let it get wet, and dotnt feed it at midnight)..

A quick start guide would undoubtedly be useful. Brief overview of ports, connections, first time use, and links to the wiki and forums.

The Pyra User's Manual could be something that people could buy separately, perhaps, for more advanced advice or tips.

Well a Quick Start Guide would make more sense than a whole Manual, at least it would save the Boards from Posts like "How do i turn this Thing on? /My Batterie is Empty, where do i buy a new one? "

But i would suggest the first Pyra owners may be Peaple, who allready had a Pandora or at least a Notebook or something..

Overall: The Pyra is basically just a small Notebook..

It wasnt meant to be discriminating, but my own experience is that i ditnt had anything to do whit Linux when i preeordered my Pandora, but in the Waitingtime, i installed Ubuntu on 2 of my PCs, Dumped my Playstation Games for the Pandora via the Linux Terminal, etc..

But even whit Linux Experience, the Pyra is Hardwarewise a bit different from most big Linux PCs..

I allready have the Mug, but the T-Shirt was out of Stock back then ..
The Mug isnt bad, just maybe a bit small for a normal Mug Portion Coffee, but as i cant drink coffee anywhy whitout Milk because its too hot just black, i make a half Mug anythime, so for me it fits..
I think when i make this final Payment for the Pyra, i also buy some other Things..

Back