Release public beta test

Site seems to be running fine for me, and I can download at a steady 150K (which is my connection max), so I guess it must be you (or your school, as the case may be :p ).

Actually, I'm at home right now. Spring break!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATES:

• I have added a better "rate this app" star bar which increases in size depending on how high you want to rate the application. (only works with javascript enabled, old style still works without javascript)
  • when someone uploads an application with preview pics thumbnails are now generated (smaller file size = less bandwidth = quicker page load) the thumbails on the application pages are now actual thubnials and not just resized via html/css.
  • when you leave a comment on any application the application owner (vendor) will now receive an email notifying him of the comment.

ok thats it so far :) not much for the end user but good for the site and the devs.

Last night I had problems accessing the server. Today some programs on the repo (including mcobit's latest game!) are gone. Coincidence?

According to Sebt3, all apps from the last 9 days are gone:

Did you take it down again for some reason, mcobit?
not mcobit, but it seems that the app uploaded on the repo for the last 9 days are missing somehow.

Dev will need to re-up.

Also, here's the link to what should be mcobit's app: Link.

yes there has been some sort of file error which caused all the pnds to be deleted, evildragon had a backup thank the lord, but it only goes up to apps uploaded untill 10/04/2011 so there are 9 days of apps actually missing from the server (not the db just the server).

if any devs are reading this please re-upload ur apps from the last 9 days, ill be emailing them all individually :)

Is there anyway to automate backups on a more regular basis, in case this happens again? Or is that something that can only be handled by ED?

yes there has been some sort of file error which caused all the pnds to be deleted, evildragon had a backup thank the lord, but it only goes up to apps uploaded untill 10/04/2011 so there are 9 days of apps actually missing from the server (not the db just the server).

if any devs are reading this please re-upload ur apps from the last 9 days, ill be emailing them all individually :)
Wow... well luckily due to me uploading my apps to my own server first, and the remote file uploading of Milkshake's repo... re-uploading literally took me 5 seconds.

Hmmm seems previews are broken too...

Is there anyway to automate backups on a more regular basis, in case this happens again? Or is that something that can only be handled by ED?

EDS server backs up every night but due to a configuration error hasn't been backing my site up since 10/04/2011 but he has fixed the error for any possible future errors.

Sent from my HTC HD 7 using Board Express

Really strange behaviour here...

I start a download, but then if I click on "Home" or the "Back" button in firefox the page doesn't react until the download is finished. Even more strange, after the download is finished and I already clicked on "Home" before[EDIT: It even happens if I click home after the download finished], it offers me to download a file called somechars.bin.part, that has the same size as the .pnd downloaded before....

EDIT2: And if an app has no icon, the appname gets displayed on the space where the icon should be and the date overlaps with the name. See ZXPandy: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=all&subcat=Emulator&s=new

EDIT2: And if an app has no icon, the appname gets displayed on the space where the icon should be and the date overlaps with the name. See ZXPandy: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=all&subcat=Emulator&s=new

that only happens on firefox because the empty space is not taken, in other browsers they handle this better by still keeping the space used for the icon even though it does not exist.

not sure about your first issue though.

It would be very cool to extend the json api. i think something like "getdata.php?uid=ioquake2.pickle". With this query, you should get additional informations, like rating, comments etc...

It would be very cool to extend the json api. i think something like "getdata.php?uid=ioquake2.pickle". With this query, you should get additional informations, like rating, comments etc...

this would be a cool idea, but you got to think the repo spec isn't just for my website its for any website that chooses to use it, how would any client using the repo spec know which site to pull comments from ? and manage that?

Thott Chief: ratings are already included in the spec. Comments aren't yet; nor is the "additional info" the repo allows. Is there any other information that isn't made available through the current spec?

There's a limit to how much I think should be included in the JSON; I wouldn't want to put every comment in there, just cause the file size would balloon. But it could be possible to give each application an extra field (like "additional-info" or "comments") that includes a URL to another JSON file that holds that info for the given app.

But, Thott Chief, are you planning to use that information? My work on PNDstore is progressing rather slowly, so I won't be using that data for a while. And if it's not going to get used, let's put off implementing it until we have to. But if you'd like to include it in your own client, or want to help bring PNDstore to a point where it could use it, then we should be talking about it.

*UPDATE*

removed all plain text passwords (was originally used for password reminders).

added password reset option instead.

the way it works...

1. click login.
  2. select "forgot details" from the bottom.
  3. input your email address (the one that you registered your account with).
  4. you will now receive an email with a password reset link, click on it and then enter a new password on the new page that opens.
  5. done.

Any clues about this, milkshake? Or doesn't it happen at your machine?

Really strange behaviour here...

I start a download, but then if I click on "Home" or the "Back" button in firefox the page doesn't react until the download is finished. Even more strange, after the download is finished and I already clicked on "Home" before[EDIT: It even happens if I click home after the download finished], it offers me to download a file called somechars.bin.part, that has the same size as the .pnd downloaded before....

Back