Beta Public Beta Test

lol that was just me testing the lightbox script
so it resizes the images if the windowsize is less than 800px :)
dont worry

Ah, ok. :lol: It seemed rather cryptic, so I figured I'd better mention it in case it was a bug.

UPDATE:
ok I have implemented a way to download older versions of updated pnds, if a app has an archived version an extra button will appear alongside the "download" button named "archived". Click that to see a list of the old pnds.
the app owner and moderators do have the ability to delete any pnd in the "archived" section if need be.

also in regards to the rating column, i have now made it so a minimum of 4 votes is required before a rank is given, which stops apps with just one 5 star rating becoming in the top 10.

also my site now has a lightbox for viewing pics (if javascript is enabled of course).

and a few other small changes like auto redirect after comments etc

Nice. :)

Still, regarding the votings: PNDStore was top of the list for ages until someone voted with 4 or so and disappeared completly. Maybe some stars == points system?

Is the "archived" list meant to stay on a seperate page or can it just appear in the nice scrolldown - thing you use for login?

Schnatterplatsch said:
Nice. :)

Still, regarding the votings: PNDStore was top of the list for ages until someone voted with 4 or so and disappeared completly. Maybe some stars == points system?

Is the "archived" list meant to stay on a seperate page or can it just appear in the nice scrolldown - thing you use for login?

if you checked the update you will see the pndstore is now at num4 in the ratings column... but i will look into a point system at some point.

also in regards to the archived thing yes its meant to be on a separate page so that it also works for people that don't have javascript enabled, though in the future i will use more javascript (once I have a solid foundation)

Last edited by a moderator:
milkshake said:
if you checked the update you will see the pndstore is now at num4 in the ratings column... but i will look into a point system at some point.

Aggh, my fingers are faster than my brain B)

I don't think a "point" system is a good idea. Popularity can already be ascertained by looking at the # of downloads column. The rating system, IMO, should be precisely to showcase well-rated but not-as-well-known programs.

Some discussion over in the Lightweight2 thread:
cpttom said:
I think this is a problem with the webserver: A Webserver should not send a php file to download.
I have testet it: The webserver sends the PND named "download.php". But it actuallay is the PND as far as i can see.

can confirm that whatever the issue is, it is lightweight in general... I get the same 'download.php' issue with the desktop version as well...

milkshake said:
UPDATE:
ok I have implemented a way to download older versions of updated pnds, if a app has an archived version an extra button will appear alongside the "download" button named "archived". Click that to see a list of the old pnds.
the app owner and moderators do have the ability to delete any pnd in the "archived" section if need be.

Thanks milkshake!
I haven't seen any Archive button yet, but it's a very important feature once people start to upload fresh updates.

A request: could you make ratings visible even if it's less than 4 votes? Maybe just don't include them in the list on the main page, but at least make them visible? The vast majority of PNDs have less than 4 votes.

UPDATE:

I have added the ability to enable/disable email notifications.. although they only really apply to people who have uploaded any applications, the location for this is "account details".
I have renamed "donations" to "account details" in the "my account" section.

If you haven't already noticed, you can now change your password or email address from the "account details" page (that was done last week).
also fixed a bug stopping the Archive from archiving any applications.

@ ESN if I make the ratings visible people wont know why the apps are not appearing near the top of the list... hmmm I think it should be ok for now, just try and get people voting more, unless there are other suggestions.

milkshake said:
@ ESN if I make the ratings visible people wont know why the apps are not appearing near the top of the list... hmmm I think it should be ok for now, just try and get people voting more, unless there are other suggestions.

You could keep the ratings gray when nobody has voted yet. With the first vote, turn it into your standard blue color, after enough votes are given, change it to a final gold and display is likewise on the app-charts. I guess most of the people would understand that intuitively.

what about coding the ability to rate into PNDstore? I could almost guarantee if tempel did that, the numbers would go up!

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
what about coding the ability to rate into PNDstore? I could almost guarantee if tempel did that, the numbers would go up!
As cool as that would be, there's a lot of technology that would have to go in to making that happen. I think we'll get there eventually, but it's not yet a priority.

There seems to have been a bug with the new Synfig Studio. It seems to show up in the "Latest apps" list on the Repo, but there's no icon, and when I click on it, it goes to this page saying "That application does not exist!". And yet it somehow got over 4 votes, so somebody must have visited it...

eyecreate said it never passed upload, yet it seems to have passed part of the way in, at least.

no it failed but somehow still got entered into the DB?

@ESN I deleted all the details from the DB now so it doesn't appear in the recent apps bit

Back