Release public beta test

Hi Milkshake, I've tried to get more people to rate / give comments for downloaded Pandora software in this thread.

The current system for comments / ratings in your repo is excellent, however I'd like to make an additional feature request :

When viewing My Downloads (under My Account) would it be possible to show which Apps you'd voted on, what score had been awarded and also allow voting / changing of votes from there?

Keep up the good work & many thanks for making the Pandora that little bit more awesome.

I noticed :) this is great!

in regards to your request i can look into this sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who can't download anything? I keep getting "Response denied" error when I click the download button. And that happens at home and work :blink:

EDIT: Nevermind, I could have sworn I tried it at home but now it's working. Must be something up with my work's IT.

Still more errors with the latest (0.3.1) update to PNDstore, but fewer of them. First this:

Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: pkg_id in /srv/www/vhosts/repo.openpandora.org/httpdocs/includes/get_pnd.php on line 386

Then, after confirming, this:

Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: pkg_id in /srv/www/vhosts/repo.openpandora.org/httpdocs/includes/get_pnd.php on line 386

Warning: copy() [function.copy]: The first argument to copy() function cannot be a directory in /srv/www/vhosts/repo.openpandora.org/httpdocs/includes/get_pnd.php on line 492

Hope this helps.

Ok I think I fixed all the bugs with the archive now, i dont know wether or not I should delete all the other archived files and start again though, what do you think?

if you fix any more bugs please let me know any more issues?

cheers.

also I noticed you do not take advantage of "aditional info" it might be nice to include a changelog on there :) so people can see how hard you been working at quick glance.

After an embarrassing error, I uploaded a quick fix for PNDstore. Archiving works properly now, except that the archive list shows the old version as 0.3.2 (which is the latest), though it downloads 0.3.1 correctly. Perhaps this is just because I uploaded both on the same day?

nope it was my fault tempel but I fixed that now also and changed it in the db so it now shows as 0.3.1.0

there was that bug a week or so ago which spammed the download counter, but I have sinse altered the code as someone obviously wasn't honest :) it now only adds the download counter if the whole file was transferred away from the server. so it looks like poeple are actually downloading this game.

hmm the repo is hanging my rss reader, somehow it gives a not responding in windows. And now its stuck (I cannot switch it from the repo to another feed) even when I resart it it doesnt work.

Probably not the fault of the repo but I thought I would mention it. (it also gives an unresponsive script message)

Bad news, milkshake: PNDstore can't parse the repo file right now because of SpeedCrunch. The repo spec requires both title and description for every package, and PNDstore assumes both will be there; since SpeedCrunch doesn't have a description, PNDstore fails when trying to read it, and therefore fails to parse the whole repo file. Okay, so PNDstore could be more robust, but I figured ill-formed repos would be a rarity.

To fix this, just change it so that SpeedCrunch is given an empty description ("description": ""), rather than removing the description field entirely. Is that okay?

when discussing the PXML spec along time ago with ivanovic and skeezix it was said that package description was not requires and even http://pandorawiki.org/PXML#Description_2 doesnt say this is required or optional...

but for the sake of improvements especially since I wont be providing the applications part of the REPO json soon then I guess it should be required :)

when discussing the PXML spec along time ago with ivanovic and skeezix it was said that package description was not requires and even http://pandorawiki.org/PXML#Description_2 doesnt say this is required or optional...

but for the sake of improvements especially since I wont be providing the applications part of the REPO json soon then I guess it should be required :)
A fix for this would be to add some generic "No description was provided for this application"-description to those without a description (and point out to the pnd creator that adding a description in the PXML might be a sane idea, even though it is optional regarding the specs!).

Yeah, I know it's not required in PXMLs, but I didn't realize this until after repo spec 2.0 was finalized, so it is required in the repo spec. Just including an empty string (or a default one, as Ivanovic suggests) is enough to make it work with the current version of PNDstore. Should it be made optional in the next repo spec version, or should an empty/default string continue to be required?

well at the moment I have made it mandatory but once the specs have changed it can be made optional again just by commenting out 1 line in the code.

UPDATE:

I have added the ability to enable/disable email notifications.. although they only really apply to people who have uploaded any applications, the location for this is "account details".

I have renamed "donations" to "account details" in the "my account" section.

If you haven't already noticed, you can now change your password or email address from the "account details" page (that was done last week).

also fixed a bug stopping the Archive from archiving any applications.

ok due to requests I have changed the way ratings are viewed slightly:

I cant remember who suggested this but it was a great idea!!

>=4 ratings: gold-stars

>0 && <4 ratings: blue-stars

0 ratings: no stars (unrated)

Back