Beta Public Beta Test

Your site is absolutely excellent.. Thank you so much for bringing much needed stability to app repository.
If I had some spare $$ I would donate some but my appreciation and gratitude will have to do for now...

*UPDATE*

removed all plain text passwords (was originally used for password reminders).
added password reset option instead.

the way it works...
  1. click login.
  2. select "forgot details" from the bottom.
  3. input your email address (the one that you registered your account with).
  4. you will now receive an email with a password reset link, click on it and then enter a new password on the new page that opens.
  5. done.

the repo you built is really great milkshake! thank you very much!

Could you also implement links to older versions of the pnds available? I mean instead of updating one program in the repo and kicking its older version, it would be nice to still have access to the older versions, too.

I think this is would be nice because I just upgraded the fennec pnd on my SD card and found out that the older version of fennec is actually much better then the new one (old one: based on ff3, new one based on ff4; the latest fennec version 4b03 is still very unstable, scrolling is slow, downloading doesn't work, ad-block plus crashes fennec, no-script not officially available etc...). But there is only the latest version of fennec in the repo ;(

There are more pnds were older versions may be more suitable then the latest ones, so is it possible to keep some kind of archive, too?

thx again! I really like the repos functionality and design! Best pandora repo there is ;)

@zapman
my site does keep backups of the old files already so that task is already complete, I just havent figured out where I should display the links to the old files, as the app details page is already quite crowded.

I signed up an account today, and noticed a possible problem with signing up. I initially tried to use an e-mail address that's quite long (35 characters, to be precise :lol: ), and it was rejected, telling me that it wasn't a valid e-mail address. I used a different one in the end, but I just thought that you might want to know about this.

Excellent work, by the way - the repo really is lovely to navigate, and it's super-quick and responsive, too.

did you eventually manage to sign up ok?
I haven't locate the bug that sometimes tells people there email is not valid on the first attempt.

I did sign up alright in the end, yes. I just used a different (and shorter) e-mail address, and it worked immediately.

I assumed that it was rejecting the one I initially typed in due to its length, because I've had issues with that before. :lol:

well I belive it only happens if you miss type the captcha on the first attempt and then it says ur email is wrong, I have no idea why, I have looked over the code hundreds of times (but i will keep looking) so there probably isnt anything wrong with ur first email address.

milkshake said:
@zapman
my site does keep backups of the old files already so that task is already complete, I just havent figured out where I should display the links to the old files, as the app details page is already quite crowded.

I would expect the link to the old files very close to the button that leads to the latest file version. Maybe in the same line and in the same style as the "package contents" thing that expands when you click on it?

btw: isn't the 'package contents' contents very redundant? You could put the licenses line beneath 'maintainer' and swap 'package contents' with 'archieved versions'?

Last edited by a moderator:
milkshake said:
well I belive it only happens if you miss type the captcha on the first attempt and then it says ur email is wrong, I have no idea why, I have looked over the code hundreds of times (but i will keep looking) so there probably isnt anything wrong with ur first email address.
If it's of any help, I can say for sure that I didn't mistype the Captcha - it never changed that on the second attempt, so I didn't have to re-type it, and it worked fine after switching my e-mail address out for the shorter one.

@ milkshake

what about forking the whole setup? On the main page, offering a link to "Legacy PNDs" and mirror the main setup (where overcrowding the pages wouldn't be a problem because people would expect multiple versions listed in the old PNDs)

CPU I think not a total mirror, but a link next to the download link that takes u to a list of older pnds for that package... maybe

that could work too... A "Legacy PNDs" link on each current PNDs page... could simply link to a text-only download page with a list of the legacy pnds...

milkshake said:
CPU I think not a total mirror, but a link next to the download link that takes u to a list of older pnds for that package... maybe

true, a 2nd version of the same site would be confusing and just too much. a list of simple links would be enough and perfect if they could be integrated in the repo somehow.

I just checked if the donation button on the repo works.. it does ;) thanks again.

@milkshake
if you do it right, you can have it in a way that PNDstore could support downgrades... You should talk with him and see what you can both come up with together...

Just a quick note: I just logged out after leaving a comment, and got a pop-up box that simply said "1064", with an "OK" button. What does that mean?

Back