Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

We have a compatibility list on the pandotra wiki guys.
Yeah, but the one on ppsspp.org is probably more complete and if you file problems there they are more likely to be looked into.
The only thing which is really Pandora specific for all games is speed.

Crashes, etc. /should/ (I think) usually be the same on all platforms, with some only happening on arm/x86. So when a game crashes/has bugs you should first check on ppsspp.org whether this happens on other platforms too, and only if it doesn't happen on smart phones and x86 pc, you should notify ptitSeb here so he can possibly look into it.

(if there is no information on ppsspp.org start a new thread in the right place and describe your problem, including platform. It's likely a problem with ppsspp in general, so ppsspp's devs should know, not it's porter to the Pandora)

I think that a new build of it should be made for the Pandora since the latest one seems to have fixed most of the issues I had with Mana Khemia: Student Alliance.

I think that a new build of it should be made for the Pandora since the latest one seems to have fixed most of the issues I had with Mana Khemia: Student Alliance.
Hmmm, I already pushed a 0.9.9.1  to the repo, and the new version is not official yet.

I have checked the github and the NEON Jit is not ready yet, so I think I'll wait a little bit more.

Sounds interesting that they made a NEON JIT, would be cool to see once it gets stable how much of a speed improvement it gives.

Well, it's something at least :p

Might at least stabilize framerate of some games which is barely too slow atm.

So the new build is on the repo. Not much news it seems, I think I could have waited a bit more.

Most noticeable difference is that SDL2 now is used. But having isues with ubs as Joystick with SDL2, I reverted back to SDL1.2...

Build 40
----------

• In synch with the git repo (based on 0.9.9.1)
  • Switch back from SDL2 to SDL1.2 (so nub as joystick can be used)

So the new build is on the repo. Not much news it seems, I think I could have waited a bit more.

Most noticeable difference is that SDL2 now is used. But having isues with ubs as Joystick with SDL2, I reverted back to SDL1.2...

Build 40
----------

• In synch with the git repo (based on 0.9.9.1)
  • Switch back from SDL2 to SDL1.2 (so nub as joystick can be used)
I was able to use the left nub as a joystick in the previous build.

Yes, previous build was SDL1. It's not properly written I guess, but I wanted to say is that upstream is now using SDL2, so I had to revert back to SDL1.2 for this release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, previous build was SDL1. It's not properly written I guess, but I wanted to say is that upstream is now using SDL2, so I had to revert back to SDL1.2 for this release.
Ok. That makes sense. Btw, its crashing when leaving PPSSPP's menu in order to get back to playing the game that is loaded.

This Version work realy realy fine,many Thx.

A little Demonstration Youtubevideo is uploading with your new Version.

Thx for your hard work for us all again Ptitseb ;)

(ooops recorded without Sound? Sound was Flawlessly without stuttering,little Error from me)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ps3fApF7RW0?feature=oembed
(ooops recorded without Sound? Sound was Flawlessly without stuttering,little Error from me)

Indeed, I too played a couple PSP games. Awesome work has been done here. But the emu screws something up in my OS. It hangs when I try to run some (unsupported?) games, or when I have been playing a game and want to return to menu.

If I then exit the emu with the Pandora button after the Pandora hangs, the system is very slow and unresponsive. I could only fix this by rebooting the hard way. (suspend switch + pnd button)

I found out that most of the PSP mini's work flawlessly and the A titles that do work, have some sound stuttering/slow down issues.

Still impressive!

Back