Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

I'm gonna get stoned at the collessium for saying this (bag of rocks for a sheckel! ;) )

But.. having read through the PPSSPP forum, amongst others, (so i can ask a question that hasn't been asked before), so Im a) not being an idiot   or b ) B) harassing the creator with minor things that take their focus away from important stuff...

well, not knowing what the upgrade that Zerok3K made so much noise about would do, but thinking it must be a big deal, what with the big noise made about PtitSeb upgrading to it,

i was just maybe a bit suprised that after PtitSeb did what was "asked", that the same amount of "wordage" (probably not a word, but call it poetic lisence), that the same amount of "wordage" or thanks weren't put into the the reply, I mean, 3 lines of input, and on the last line we have thanks.. I would never normally put such a possibly inflammitory comment, just that at the last count PtitSeb has 156 items of software that he has the responsibility for updating, maintaining, and correcting, and i thinks a BIG thanks on a daily basis would be more in order from all of us, myself included, to all those who make the Pandora what it is today, so that Pyra will become the tomorrow. I apologise in advance if i've spoken out of turn, just that sometimes i think people forget that the Pandora was made by a community for a community, for free, apart from the blood sweat and tears of the programmers etc... so i'll hush now and go buy myself a small bag of pebbles ;)

I've noticed two things in the new build. They are as follows:

1. The transition to a battle in Tales of Phantasia Cross Edition is much faster.

2. The sound in all games is scratchy, staticy, etc.

Thanks for making it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having an issue with the latest build where, if I in-game go to menu (with Space) and then go back to the game (i.e. press continue), PPSSPP locks up. This requires me to restart the OS alltogether, because even if PPSSPP actually is killed when pressing the pandora key, the OS becomes incredibly unresponsive (maybe the game is running in the background, just not on top?)

I tried on Mega Man Powered Up - in case it's a game specific issue that I'm not aware of.

This was not the case in an earlier PPSSPP version.

I'm having an issue with the latest build where, if I in-game go to menu (with Space) and then go back to the game (i.e. press continue), PPSSPP locks up. This requires me to restart the OS alltogether, because even if PPSSPP actually is killed when pressing the pandora key, the OS becomes incredibly unresponsive (maybe the game is running in the background, just not on top?)

I tried on Mega Man Powered Up - in case it's a game specific issue that I'm not aware of.

Yes. That's a known issue that plague PPSSPP for many versions now. It's not systematic but I still haven't found the root cause of this.

@milinks: thank you. Don't worry, I need more than that to get demotivated

@askarus: yup see you at the gamescom :D

Yes. That's a known issue that plague PPSSPP for many versions now. It's not systematic but I still haven't found the root cause of this.

@milinks: thank you. Don't worry, I need more than that to get demotivated

@askarus: yup see you at the gamescom :D
ptoughSeb :)

I recall you were however able to fix it almost completely in one of your previous versions. Do you mean that the fix you applied then does not work anymore ? 

I mean, 3 lines of input, and on the last line we have thanks.. I would never normally put such a possibly inflammitory comment, just that at the last count PtitSeb has 156 items of software that he has the responsibility for updating, maintaining, and correcting, and i thinks a BIG thanks on a daily basis would be more in order from all of us,
Totally agree here, there are just people out there who are incredibly ungrateful and ill-mannered, and who think they deserve everything, right now. 

0.9.9.1 has recently been made available for downloading from its homepage.

0.9.9.1 has recently been made available for downloading from its homepage.
Did you check what's new?
"A few issues have been discovered in the release that need fixing, the Star Ocean fix had a bug and there are some unexpected slowdowns." is what the news post for it states. There might be more than that which changed since it took longee than expected for it to be released.

Ok, I'll try to update the build. Don't be to anxious, it will probably not happens before end of week / beggiining of next week.

Rdxj15e.jpg

:p ;)

Back