Release Emu EX Plus Alpha ported to the Pandora

Wax

Still Fresh
Is there a setting to display the framerates on any of these? I can't seem to find that in any of these that I've tried

DrasticNerd

Not a real programmer
I didn't enabled SegaCD code in MDemu (it wont build, and I don't feel like fixing it, as it's not a simple fix

Thanks again @ptitSeb for updating these emulators. :D

I wouldn't worry about the SegaCD emulation. I have found PicoDrive works well for that. I played Snatcher to completion with PicoDrive.

One question - is it possible to change the button/key used for exiting these emulators?

I play many games on multiple consoles and almost all of them conform to either the American or Japanese style button layout. I am referring to the swapping of the Primary/Secondary (aka Accept/Cancel) buttons.

To explain - American style uses the bottom button as accept and right button as cancel (e.g. Xbox = the bottom button is "A" and right button is "B") whereas the Japanese style has these the other way around (e.g. Nintendo = the right button is "A" and the bottom button is "B") The games on PlayStation varied but usually changed button styles to match their release region - with some exceptions (notably Metal Gear Solid which used the Japanese style layout everywhere including its western releases i.e. X button for cancel and O button for accept)

The problem is that my "muscle memory" cant remember the A/B button layout every time for every app/game (Some programs recognise this confusion and allow you to swap the accept button between the bottom button/right button e.g. RetroArch) Normally speaking, pressing the wrong button is only a minor nuisance. But on the latest port of Emu EX, accidently pressing the cancel button while in the menu (and I find I do this often!) kicks me out of the emulator! :mad:

Last edited:

DrasticNerd

Not a real programmer
I understand very well, and as an european, I use the opposite mapping (and so most of my PND use that mapping). I'll see what I can do.
Thank you very much @ptitSeb

I really appreciate your understanding with my headache. I actually don't mind which "accept mapping" style is used (I play different consoles so I have to use both) What frustrates me is any app that uses its Cancel function to quit!

If we have to have a "quit app" button, can it be mapped to something that isn't used very often? Maybe one of the number keys? Or the good ole Escape key combo?

Last edited:

Arkay Firestar

Very Active Member
OMG, ptitseb, this update solves a weird tearing I’d had with GBC that I could never figure out! Amazing, thank you!!!! I’d been using 8blitter for a couple years to work around that and now I can go back to using this full suite, which I think is really amazing for Pandora due to the consistent and easy to use interface. One of the biggest reasons I’m excited for the Pyra is knowing there are talented programmers like you in the community.

DrasticNerd

Not a real programmer
BTW I have been tinkering on & off over the last few years with cheats for the Emu EX emulators. I have been writing code to remove any codes that are invalid format + remove codes that Emu Ex can not handle. I guess I could upload a zip of the cheat files when I'm finished...assuming that is if anybody is all that interested in cheating on old GameBoy games?!

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
I might be interested in cheats for NES games. I always meant to give the Mega Man games a good go, but in practice I can't even get very far on the easier levels in the first game.