Pictures, Videos and thoughts of a Pyra dev-prototype

What's this wire for? Just curious
upload_2017-9-29_16-13-14.png

What's this wire for? Just curious
As I said a number of time, my board is from an old revision that was a little buggy. That's an hns' fix for this board. The fix is now part of the new board revision.
It's just cheaper (and faster) to fix old boards manually like this to send to devs (like me) than order a new batch of boards

IIRC also, ED has improved the layout of LEDs under the keyboard to give a more even distribution of light - yours it quite off on a number of keys which is especially visible when you set the keyboard backlight to minimum (above off, presumably). It's still functional, but it's a step from pretty, but as I say I think ED has improved that since your prototype.

Also, I have a hummingboard SBC with a similar set of connectors joining CPU board to the one with all of the connectors on, and I had a bit of trouble getting that lined up. When I first received the board when I wasn't sure if I'd burned the OS properly, wasn't sure if the HDMI cables I was using were still good, and wasn't sure if I'd attached the CPU board properly it took a few days of tinkering to get all of those variables down pat.

Has anyone with a dev board done any basic testing of the internal microSDXC card slot, eMMC, left SDXC, right SDXC, USBotg, left USB 2.0, right USB 2.0? Do those all work yet? Did I miss where someone reported back on them?

Has anyone with a dev board done any basic testing of the internal microSDXC card slot, eMMC, left SDXC, right SDXC, USBotg, left USB 2.0, right USB 2.0? Do those all work yet? Did I miss where someone reported back on them?
The left sdcard slot is where we all have the OS so this one surely works :D
Right slot work. While it's not obvious how to install a microSD in it's slot, it works too. I've used all the usb port and they all work. The only thing I cannot answer is the eMMC since I've no idea how to acces it

The left sdcard slot is where we all have the OS so this one surely works :D
Right slot work. While it's not obvious how to install a microSD in it's slot, it works too. I've used all the usb port and they all work. The only thing I cannot answer is the eMMC since I've no idea how to acces it
All good news - thank you!

Have you tried to boot from the internal microSD?

Is it my impression or when you change display brightness, it also changes in the keyboard ?

you can set both independently. The 2nd screenshot show low screen brightness with high keyboard brightness

Ah, missed that, cool, anyway even with a single setting for both I would be happy, as far as there is an ON/OFF switch for keyboard

It may be silly, but I only see using off (there is adequate ambient light) and minimum-ish (dark environment) on the keyboard.

Screen brightness is far more nuanced to lighting conditions.

As I said a number of time, my board is from an old revision that was a little buggy. That's an hns' fix for this board. The fix is now part of the new board revision.
It's just cheaper (and faster) to fix old boards manually like this to send to devs (like me) than order a new batch of boards

Wouldn't be a proper prototype without at least one bodge wire XD

@sebt3, I see a green glow. What's that? If it is what I think it is can we have a pic (and is it possible to easily change what it indicates, and colors used)?

@sebt3, I see a green glow. What's that? If it is what I think it is can we have a pic (and is it possible to easily change what it indicates, and colors used)?
Likely the back logo, as it has RGB LEDs...

Indeed, that's the logo RGB led. I'm guessing the produced light will be dimmer on the final pyra as I dont have the actually logo part :p
I'vent played with the leds yet, so all I know is that Askarus is working on a script to managed the led, their color and brightness.

Indeed, that's the logo RGB led. I'm guessing the produced light will be dimmer on the final pyra as I dont have the actually logo part :p
I'vent played with the leds yet, so all I know is that Askarus is working on a script to managed the led, their color and brightness.

LED Trigger: https://dev.pyra-handheld.com/Askarus/pyra-scripts-askarus/blob/master/pyra-led-trigger.sh
LED Brightness: https://dev.pyra-handheld.com/Askarus/pyra-scripts-askarus/blob/master/pyra-led-brightness.sh

It works but the red ones besides the Power button are hard coded and can't be turned off.
Also the Power button itself lights up red when a power source is connected and can't be controlled either.

Back