Release Pcsx-Rearmed

notaz said:
Prometheus should be happy to see fully working Tron Bonne, which I managed to support without trashing performance.
I truly never thought I'd see the day... Thankyou so much, notaz. You are a legend.

Your timing is impeccable, incidentally - a lot of people are lamenting The Misadventures of Tron Bonne's emulation problems at the moment, in light of the events surrounding the cancellation of MegaMan Legends 3.

Thankyou, again. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
Blue Protoman said:
Try Alcohol 120%?
OK, I'll try. ^^
If that don't work try out ImgBurn. That's what I ripped all of mine with and make sure that you rip them as a .bin or .img because I don't think that the ISO files get everything that is needed to work.

@notaz you did really awesome work from the last build to now I have tested all the games I had problems with and here are the results.

Spyro - the spiral air-lifts are now showing which is great.
Jet Moto 2 & 1Xtreme - now has music working.
All Tomb Raiders - work now where only the last 2 worked before.
Ape Escape - works just don't use PCSX4ALL as the GPU because when you go to start a stage it crashes.
Cool Borders 2 - I still don't get music for some reason.
Brave Fencer Musashi - now works
Threads of Fate - now works (no more walking into an invisible wall :D )

Those were all the games that I had trouble with before this release because I have tested several others and they all work. All games except Ape Escape I have been running them with the PCSX4ALL plugin and they all work at 600MHZ at full speed. Ape Escape I use the built-in plugin and clock to 700MHZ and turn on frame skip and it runs almost perfect. So once again thank you a lot for all your hard work that you put into this Notaz. ;)

Just to confirm - all Tomb Raiders (PAL) worked for me before, but with this R9 release the inventory/weapons bug that hit TR1 from Natla's Mines level is definitely fixed now!

I didn't even notice that I'd deleted my configs, when I was playing Driver I thought it was smoother than before - when I had it at 750mhz. Then I noticed it was running at 600. Big improvement!

A+

Code:
@@ -2929,6 +2941,19 @@ inline_writestub(int type, int i, u_int addr, signed char regmap[], int target,
   }
   //emit_pusha();
   save_regs(reglist);
+#ifndef PCSX
+  // rearmed note: load_all_consts prevents BIOS boot, some bug?
Well, yes... This code is supposed to handle a pagefault. It writes all the values out to the register file so that they will be in the proper state when entering the interrupt handler, but doesn't keep the pre-calculated address pointers for the case where a page fault does not occur. For that, you'd need to call wb_consts, as in the function do_writestub.

notaz said:
All in all I'm quite happy with this release. The main missing piece now is GPU code that would be both accurate and fast and a working GLES plugin for enhanced graphics.

Oh my word, that sounds like quite an undertaking.

Huge thanks for all the great work on r9. :D

Just played Tomb Raider for a bit... I think I need to overclock a little but otherwise perfect.

Thank you so much Notaz. This is incredible work.

Awesome Update notaz and thanks for fixing worlds scariest police chases!!!

Rugrats still doesn't work, it gets to the loading screen and crashes to the MiniMenu

Formating the SD helped to fix the savestates in Brave Fencer Musashi (it seems the .img was broken somehow).
Anyway Tobal no.1 still segfaults (using the pcsx4all plugin and the builtin one). I've tested the same rip on my PC and it worked fine. It's the [SCUS-94208] version. Am I the only one experiencing this? It used to work (slow, but worked) in previous versions, at least in r8.

EDIT: One more thing: In Tales of Eternia the scene where that girl crashes from the sky the sound stutters a bit at 800 MHZ(I guess because of the transperency effects), but after that it runs fluid at 600. It seems to be 2D all the way. It's just an unqualified guess but maybe there is a bottleneck that can be removed somehow. Dunno :)

just for debugging:

games that crashes emualtor [on R8 and R9]:
Lego Races
Crusader No Remorse

games that freeze emulator [on R8 and R9]:
[Mostly games from "Radical" studio software like:]
Jackie Chan stuntmaster
MTV Snowboarding

GAMES that works better on R9 [compared with R8]
Jumping Flash [frameskip effect not occuring -> playable]
Glover [main character visible]
Necronimicon -> finally works [still some lags in FMVs]

Ack. I've just had a chance to try out The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (PAL), and it seems to have regressed to how it was around R6 or so - it gets past the Eidos and Capcom logo videos, and then simply hangs on the loading screen prior to the title screen. :( (It was working in R8, but required the occasional toggling of one of the options, which I seem to recall writing about somewhere earlier in this thread.)

The issue with Rockman 8 - Metal Heroes (NTSC-J) that I reported a few pages ago is still there, too, unfortunately.

I removed my appdata entry for PCSX-ReARMed just to rule out any issues with that, but these things remain. Just thought I should point them out. :p

That aside, what an improvement this release is overall! Everything is noticeably faster and smoother - VERY nice. :D Thankyou very much!

Ari64 said:
Code:
@@ -2929,6 +2941,19 @@ inline_writestub(int type, int i, u_int addr, signed char regmap[], int target,
   }
   //emit_pusha();
   save_regs(reglist);
+#ifndef PCSX
+  // rearmed note: load_all_consts prevents BIOS boot, some bug?
Well, yes... This code is supposed to handle a pagefault. It writes all the values out to the register file so that they will be in the proper state when entering the interrupt handler, but doesn't keep the pre-calculated address pointers for the case where a page fault does not occur. For that, you'd need to call wb_consts, as in the function do_writestub.
ok thanks.. I'll leave it disabled for the time being as I don't even know what exception it's supposed to get since there is no MMU, and I'm not aware of anything needing this.

Prometheus said:
Ack. I've just had a chance to try out The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (PAL), and it seems to have regressed to how it was around R6 or so - it gets past the Eidos and Capcom logo videos, and then simply hangs on the loading screen prior to the title screen. :( (It was working in R8, but required the occasional toggling of one of the options, which I seem to recall writing about somewhere earlier in this thread.)
Weird, the NTSC version works fine, and I heard jap one too. They probably changed something while adding Eidos logo, you could probably savestate after that point on r8 and load on r9. PAL version is hard to come by (it's not even indexed at redump.org) and ones on ebay are rather pricey, so can't test it here.

Prometheus said:
The issue with Rockman 8 - Metal Heroes (NTSC-J) that I reported a few pages ago is still there, too, unfortunately.
I looked at it briefly and it's not really obvious what's wrong there.

Thanks for the new version, looks very good :)
I wanted to report a small problem. When I play Xenogears it Crashes when the World Map should be opened. But not always...

Has anyone else tried to play Marvel Vs. Capcom? I can't seem to get it to work. Everything seems to load fine until you select your fighters at which point the program will always crash before actually loading the fights.

I just wanted to point out another flaw I noticed, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 has some weird graphics artefacts that keep popping up.. its either a flash of blue / Red or green, something must be screwed in the blending somewhere

Back