Release Pcsx-Rearmed

I think I've got the hang of it now thanks to the assistance from the members of this forum, but now a new problem has arisen. Upon uzipping my roms, I put three of them in individual folders specifically titled to the game. Now the folders, which once contained only .bin and .cue, are full of nonsensical files and I am unable to delete them. Upon trying to open the original .rar fiies I am told the archive is now damaged and corrupt.

Here is an example of the contents of one of the folders:

cockup.png

It is like this for all three folders.

Sorry for the double post, but upon further investigation all of the folders on my SD card are now like this, save for my roms, is this normal?

Please run H2Testw on the card - it's either corrupted, or a fake, and it would be good to rule out which one.

I guess I'll just have to buy a new SD card then, does anyone have any recommendations as to a genuine, reliable 32gb card?

The ones offered here, once they get in stock. Newegg has some good ones as well (anything from there will do).

mrhappy said:
I guess I'll just have to buy a new SD card then, does anyone have any recommendations as to a genuine, reliable 32gb card?

I wholeheatedly recommend these, and buying from newegg for flash memory. their RMA/Return Policy has saved my A$$ more than once:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220452&cm_re=32_gb_sdhc-_-20-220-452-_-Product

I'm sporting 2 of these in my pandora. And they work great.

Back when I first got a 16 gb card for my GP2X MK2-which incidentally cost way more than this one at the time. I accidentally dropped the unit while playing a game, and the battery compartment went flying along with the batteries effectively cutting power to the card during a read/write operation. It fried the card, and I was crestfallen as the 30 day return date had just passed by. Checking Newegg's site I found that while return for refund was 30 days their guarantee/replacement RMA period was a calendar year! I went to the site and placed my RMA and they furnished me with a shipping label at no cost. I shipped it off on a Friday and by the following Tuesday I had a brand new replacement in my box. I was elated! I've bought all my flash cards from them ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
That newegg site isn't really an option, unless I'm mistaken they do not ship to the UK, and if they do I want to receive my card relatively quickly.

If you're UK-based, buy from Amazon UK, that's your best bet - they have the best pricing. :p Avoid eBay at all costs, and exercise caution if buying from third-party sellers on Amazon, too - if you're unfamiliar with fakes and their prevalence, just buy anything labelled as being shipped from and sold by Amazon.co.uk or Amazon's Preferred Merchant (Indigostarfish).

In the meantime, I take it that you've reformatted and run H2Testw on the card that's giving you problems?

I have run the test and my card was indeed `a fake.

It was off Amazon UK that I originally bought my card but now I see that it was in fact sold by a third party seller.

Am I to believe that this is a legitimate card? : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Storage-Options-SDHC10-32-Memory-Card/dp/B003Y3ARSK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1307961824&sr=8-6

edit- Or this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-Ultra-15MBS-Secure-Digital/dp/B001DEUWDC/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1307961094&sr=8-27

notaz said:
#1 GameMaster said:
Has anyone gotten Threads of Fate working properly I seen Evil Dragon said it was running perfectly and it does for me up until Rue goes to check on the animals it just keeps showing him taking steps forward. :huh:
A savestate would help (made shortly before this happens)

Just start a new game and select Rue. It happens in the introduction. He seems to hit an invisible wall.

When I mentioned it works perfectly, I just started a game with the girl. After clearing the forest, however, you encounter a similar issue:
You run into an invisible wall while going down the canyon.

Last edited:
^ I must admit, I use Linux as my primary OS (I don't even know anyone who uses Microsoft Windows), and I still use H2Testw via WINE. :lol: (But then, that said, I need to stay familiar with it in case that familiarity is needed.)

EvilDragon said:
Just start a new game and select Rue. It happens in the introduction. He seems to hit an invisible wall.

When I mentioned it works perfectly, I just started a game with the girl. After clearing the forest, however, you encounter a similar issue:

I think dev at ngemu solved this last year? cpu division by zero?

pcsx devs don't seem interest in Lifeforce Tenka memcard fix (guy posted fix - hack works on custom svn build)
- maybe gameshark cheat code can work around this bug?
http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx-discussion/116599-developers-wanted-pcsx-revival-33.html#post1969567

EvilDragon said:
notaz said:
#1 GameMaster said:
Has anyone gotten Threads of Fate working properly I seen Evil Dragon said it was running perfectly and it does for me up until Rue goes to check on the animals it just keeps showing him taking steps forward. :huh:
A savestate would help (made shortly before this happens)

That's what I figured when you said that it works is that you started it with the girl.

Also has anyone gotten the music to work in games such as Jet Moto 2 and Cool Borders 2. For Jet Moto it works in the menu but as soon as a track starts it doesn't and with Cool Boarders 2 I don't get music in either. Gameplay in both cases is perfect, just no music. :huh:

weird... not sure why it didn! link to the page... but thanks.... using jumanji on my Pandora and not seeing how to copy a url from the bar at the bottom correctly...

Ok, Didn't get a response on this one last time so I'll mention it again. Anyone completed Crash Bandicoot?

Crash Bandicoot PAL BIN/cue:
Bios: scph1001.bin
Game runs great untill trying to start the first level of the third island 'HEAVY MACHINERY'. Then the loading screen has three brown bars across it and just sits there. Can still press space to get back to Emu menu.

And a new problem:

Heart of Darkness (disc 2) NTSC BIN/cue:
Bios: scph1001.bin
Game runs fantastic untill right near the end, which is very annoying. If you've played it before, it gets to the movie where the monster that eats your gun at the start eats you, then the loading screen comes on and just stays there. I can still press space to get back to the emu menu.

So, are these both just bad dumps or what? Has anyone completed either of these games on the pandora?

Back