pandian - MARK2

Moving is not working with shiftkey
Try Alt instead of shift. Alt is the default key for this in most distributions but it was changed to Shift in SuperZaxxon so that the shoulder button could be used for this.

- Neelix
It's Alt in XFCE.

You can easily change it in the XFCE setings.

It's in

Settings > Window Manager Tweaks > Accessibility

(I hope You're using XFCE. Else it's useless)

Hello,

first of all i like to say thank you. Pandian might become my favorit OS on the Pandora if i get one thing going:

The USB ports do not work for me. The command lsusb gives me error -99 when initializing libusb. Does anyone else have this problem?
I noticed, it depends on the kind of hardware you are connecting. If you have enabled the USB host, storage media will work as usual. HIDs and other stuff only works with an OTG adapter. That means if you want to connect a keyboard/mouse, you have to connect it to the small USB port.
Also, USB1-only devices let the USB host crash on both, Super Zaxxon and Pandian. In this case you have to connect a USB2.0-hub in between.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to "pause" Pandian remove the Pandian sd card - then re-insert the card and continue again? Probably not, I assume the image is continuously writing stuff to the sd card. 

If you have enabled the USB host, storage media will work as usual.
I am using a USB lan adaptor on Pandian, automatically recognized and it works great.

Is it possible to "pause" Pandian remove the Pandian sd card - then re-insert the card and continue again? Probably not, I assume the image is continuously writing stuff to the sd card.
Why do you want this?

I never had the need for it as I was booting Slackware.

After starting fresh with the normal version, and running `apt-get update` and `apt-get upgrade`, there is a package that breaks called mpd.

Supposedly this is from the pandian repository.

I have to remove this package in order to allow other upgrades to continue.

Also, would you consider mixing a version of Pandian MARK2 that uses the stable tree?

--

Also, it appears after performing an `apt-get upgrade`, and rebooting thereafter with the normal version of MACH2, the nubs no longer work.

But how do I switch to another winmanager (openbox, kde ..)? I tried some methods but nothing helped.
On the login screen, where you have the main dialogue box, you will see 4 little icons at the top right. One of these allows you to choose the window manager or desktop system to use. It's the icon with a little wrench or spanner or whatever it's called.

Also, would you consider mixing a version of Pandian MARK2 that uses the stable tree?
Or at least testing which is less fragile than experimental... however, once installed, I guess it should be possible to let testing catch up and then simply change the sources.list entry.

As I am quite used to running experimental systems, my practice is to never do an apt-get upgrade. Instead, I use aptitude and selectively choose from any updates that are available and do this infrequently in any case. If your system is working, leave it alone as much as possible!

the key map has a couple of errors: \ (Fn c) gives #, = (Fn g) gives right tick.  I'm sure this is trivial to fix but haven't tracked down where the key map is defined yet.
Allow me to return to this earlier posted problem and say something about it.

When I am choosing locales, I need en_US.  There exist three en_US locales.  I select all three for installation.

If you read all of the notices on the screen, you will come across a sentence that says "UTF-8 locales should be default".  So, in accordance, I choose the en_US-UTF8 locale as the default.  You should have a UTF-8 locale for your default chosen locale.

This allows for the Fn input options to work for my criteria of locale.

I have, in my experiments, tried dpkg to change locales AFTER installation.  It looks like it works, as it goes through all of the motions, BUT IT DOESN'T.  The corresponding UTF-8 locale has to be chosen as the default upon installation using the startup wizard.  Again, it doesn't work for me any other way.

Thank you for your replies,

Hello,first of all i like to say thank you. Pandian might become my favorit OS on the Pandora if i get one thing going:The USB ports do not work for me. The command lsusb gives me error -99 when initializing libusb. Does anyone else have this problem?
I noticed, it depends on the kind of hardware you are connecting. If you have enabled the USB host, storage media will work as usual. HIDs and other stuff only works with an OTG adapter. That means if you want to connect a keyboard/mouse, you have to connect it to the small USB port.Also, USB1-only devices let the USB host crash on both, Super Zaxxon and Pandian. In this case you have to connect a USB2.0-hub in between.
The USB devices i like to use with Pandian are working well an SuperZaxxon. I did not find an option to enable anything USB related in Pandian, can someone please enlighten me.

If you have enabled the USB host, storage media will work as usual.

I am using a USB lan adaptor on Pandian, automatically recognized and it works great.
@b_o_b: Did you need to install/update any package before you got this working? My USB-NIC (working on SuperZaxxon) is not found/initalized.

The USB host works out of the box, but if you want to enable/disable USB/WLAN via GUI (e.g. OpenBox menu), you should install sudo and add your user account to the 'sudoers'.

Anyway, to enable USB, you have to execute following command as root (or with sudo in front of it):

/usr/sbin/pdcmd USBHostTrigger
For WLAN you go with

Code:
/usr/sbin/pdcmd WLAN trigger
EDIT:What ever you do, if you just have installed Pandian freshly, you should start with updating the whole system.

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

@b_o_b: Did you need to install/update any package before you got this working? My USB-NIC (working on SuperZaxxon) is not found/initalized.
See N3Cr0's post. That is exactly what I did/do. You could also take a look here http://pandorawiki.org/Pandian

Why do you want this?

I never had the need for it as I was booting Slackware.
I wanted to dd my sd card on my linux PC. Now removing it crashes Pandian. Not a big deal, but for convenience I am still interested in a solution.  

I reflashed the image on my SD card (and checked the wiki instructions and calculated the checksum to make sure it was the right one) and the image still does not work for me. It does not boot. Am I the only one with this issue ?

I reflashed the image on my SD card (and checked the wiki instructions and calculated the checksum to make sure it was the right one) and the image still does not work for me. It does not boot. Am I the only one with this issue ?
It seems like Pandora is very picky when it comes to this. I had to do the dd process a couple of times, tried 2 different cards and only one of my Pandora's - I own 3 - was able to read it. Funny thing is that after finalizing the process, the Pandian card could be used on all Pandora's.

Yesterday I tried to copy (dd) my current image myself - used a method described on the rpi boards - and failed to use the copied image. Used a brand new sd card from sandisk.

Still using Pandian day in, day out, and loving it.

There is still one thing I do not know how to achieve: how can I clock the processor faster than 600 MHz? (I have the rebirth edition Pandora) I'd like 750 or similar which I can do when running the default OS.

Thanks!

If you have a Windows machine handy, the Ubuntu project released a tool called win32diskimager you can try instead of dd under Linux.

At first, I tried using a Debian Linux under VMWare and the dd on it to produce the images.  I allowed access to my USB card reader through it.  The images never came out right.  I also found it to be extremely slow.  The filesystems never came out valid as verified by gparted.

So, I simply used win32diskimager to write the image (and it was quicker than using the VMWare Debian guest dd), and simply used gparted under my Debian VM to expand the disk space.  All was sound, then.

After starting fresh with the normal version, and running `apt-get update` and `apt-get upgrade`, there is a package that breaks called mpd.

Supposedly this is from the pandian repository.

I have to remove this package in order to allow other upgrades to continue.

--
Installing new version of /etc/init.d/mpd

Starting Music Player Daemon: mpdsocket: Failed to bind to 127.0.0.1:6600: Address already in use.

Failed!

invoke-rc.d: Initscript mpd, action "start" failed.

Then dpkg fails because installation requires mpd, so it cant configure it.

/etc/init.d/mpd stop && killall mpd takes care of that, then you can run apt-get upgrade again.

Back