pandian - 01

Small gotcha, I hope I can save somebody a little time.

I was in Firefox (well, Iceweasel) and couldn't get sync working.  Turns out the system time after boot is back

in 2000 or so, which keeps any certificates from being accepted.  I installed ntpdate and corrected the clock,

and then all my crypto certificates started working, as did Firefox sync.

Andy

Small gotcha, I hope I can save somebody a little time.

I was in Firefox (well, Iceweasel) and couldn't get sync working.  Turns out the system time after boot is back

in 2000 or so, which keeps any certificates from being accepted.  I installed ntpdate and corrected the clock,

and then all my crypto certificates started working, as did Firefox sync.

Andy
Also - on Debian ntpdate package should install hooks into the network up/down scripts, so that every time you go online it updates the clock automatically.

@Binky:

looking totally awesome! thanks :)

Bildschirmfoto vom 2013-10-02 15:17:18.png

pandian_button.png

I copied /etc/asound.conf and /etc/asound.state from the SZ install; without these I was finding mplayer unable to play many kinds of streams.  I believe the SZ ALSA config adds a software module which provides rate/format adaptation.  Anyway, I now have movies and radio streaming working via Debian's standard mplayer2 package.

still struggeling with bluetooth here.

concerning bt kernel configuration seems to be identical to super zaxxon (as far as i can tell).

cat config | grep CONFIG_BT_ > btkernel_*.conf

and

diff btkernel_pandian.conf btkernel_zaxxon.conf

didnt bring up anything. still i cant get bt to work. it wont find any bt device.

in saxxon bt is brought up messing with gpio. how do i do that in pandian? any ideas would be much appreciated!

From SL4P build system:

Get bluez 4.91, get OP patches, compile from source.

patch -p1 < $CWD/patches-pandora/0001-hciattach_tialt-Implement-texas_change_speed-functio.patch
patch -p1 < $CWD/patches-pandora/firmware_path.patch

I've been running Pandian as my primary OS for several days now.  It'd be nice if there was a utility for aligning the touchscreen, as I still haven't

gotten around to pulling the alignment data from the SZ partition.  Also, a battery status applet would help when mobile, as there doesn't seem to

be any way to tell battery state unless you grovel around in /sys or /proc.  Iceweasel runs so well that I haven't gotten around to trying Chromium or

anything else.  In general, the Pandora has turned into an excellent Debian system, and I would find it very hard to go back to an environment

where the Debian repos weren't available!

Also, a battery status applet would help when mobile, as there doesn't seem to be any way to tell battery state unless you grovel around in /sys or /proc.
lxde features a battery monitor app in it's panel (you just need to add/activate it).

From SL4P build system:

Get bluez 4.91, get OP patches, compile from source.

patch -p1 < $CWD/patches-pandora/0001-hciattach_tialt-Implement-texas_change_speed-functio.patch

patch -p1 < $CWD/patches-pandora/firmware_path.patch
you sir are a god amongst men!

(so far bluez keeps failing to build, but im on it - will report back)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you need space, you can pm ED. He offers free webspace for developers. Maybe you can even host a repo there.

okay, so bluez 4.91 compiled and installed fine.

but the patches fail. they seem to be based on an earlier version (4.62)?

If you need space, you can pm ED. He offers free webspace for developers. Maybe you can even host a repo there.
Ah, this is also a nice idea. I've played around a bit with debian repository for pandian. It's working very well.

I try to implement some statistical analyse to ensure, that the server have enough performance.

Yes, i already pm ED but i don't get any answer yet ( it is not a criticism, i can imagine that he is very very busy :) )

Something about the next release:

I'am working on the open points which are mentioned here, and which i also found out ( for example USB-Networking is a little bit tricky, you need to disable the network-manager, because the mac-address of usb0 is changed on every reboot, so the network-manager thinks all the time its a new interface and creates a new connection ) mainly i try to use debian-sid ( unstable ) for the next release.

Whats in your mind?

Please post or pm me if you have some package-suggestions or improvement requests for the next release

I had a situation where it would've been nice to have my USB-ethernet connection instead of Wifi.  The USB appears to be off by dfault; how does one enable it?

Dunno. I use this on SL4P, and it works fine.
the firmware_path patch includes a simple:

- sprintf(fw, "/etc/firmware/%s.bin", c_brf_chip[brf_chip]);
+ sprintf(fw, "/lib/firmware/%s.bin", c_brf_chip[brf_chip]);

i checked the target file and it already has the patched code. you obviously patched the files before packing your SL4P build image (because i didnt).

The USB appears to be off by dfault; how does one enable it?
/usr/pandian/scripts/pandiancmd

offers 

USBnetOn
USBHostTrigger

arguments.

Didnt try those, but maybe they work.

I couldn't get backslash from the keyboard.  I notice .pndXmodmap is used, and it didn't have an entry for keycode 51 (which is what xev was telling me was the keycode for Fn+c to get backslash).  I added the line:

keycode  51 = backslash NoSymbol backslash

And now backslash comes up as expected.

Andy

About that pandiancmd script.  It's a great resource for finding all the nooks and crannies of the port, but the command/arg handling is broken.  At the bottom it invokes the appropriate shell command:

$1

But the commands themselves expect to take their argument as $1, in particular LCDBright:

echo $1 > $pnd_fbrightness

I replaced the bottom of the script which dispatches the commands with:

cmd="$1"
shift
"$cmd" "$@"

And now it works as expected.

Greetings from Latvia :)

I couldn't get backslash from the keyboard.  I notice .pndXmodmap is used, and it didn't have an entry for keycode 51 (which is what xev was telling me was the keycode for Fn+c to get backslash).  I added the line:

keycode  51 = backslash NoSymbol backslash

And now backslash comes up as expected.

Andy
Great work, thanks for reply :)

The USB appears to be off by dfault; how does one enable it?
/usr/pandian/scripts/pandiancmd

offers 

USBnetOn
USBHostTrigger

arguments.

Didnt try those, but maybe they work.
Please don't use pandiancmd for USB-Networking because its not working yet

I had a situation where it would've been nice to have my USB-ethernet connection instead of Wifi.  The USB appears to be off by dfault; how does one enable it?
just do

modprobe g_ether

than you need do change on the pandora the resolv.conf ( for nameserver ), the route to host ( route add ) and setup on the host the forewarding ;)

its not an easy task, but i get some results, which are not yet stable ( i'am adjust the /etc/network/interfaces )

Back