pandian - MARK3 - beta

Hello there!
After 5 tries, I installed Pandian. But I just can't connect to any wifi points. Whenever I try to do so, it says

Connection Failure

FAILED TO ADD/ACTIVATE CONNECTION

(32) Not authorized to control networking

Why this happens? I am the superuser.

[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to lock the screen on lid close (without use of xhost)?

Might be difficult.  You might wish to investigate xauth.  The issue is the running of scripts by another user id than your own and therefore not having automatic access to your display.

Hello there!
After 5 tries, I installed Pandian. But I just can't connect to any wifi points. Whenever I try to do so, it says

Connection Failure

FAILED TO ADD/ACTIVATE CONNECTION

(32) Not authorized to control networking

Why this happens? I am the superuser.

How are you trying to connect? Maybe show us the last few lines of /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog or /var/log/dmesg?  Might give us a clue.

Well, I wasn't able to open it from the file manager, so I tried from the terminal. Here ya go :

1444562998708.jpg

You need to show us that output when you have just tried (and failed) to connect.  Alternatively, maybe grep the lines in the dmesg output for WiFi related information, lines with wlan0 and wl1251 for instance:

Code:
dmesg | egrep '(wlan0|wl1251)' | tail -20
That may tell us more.  Are you sure that WiFi is enabled?

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to show us that output when you have just tried (and failed) to connect.  Alternatively, maybe grep the lines in the dmesg output for WiFi related information, lines with wlan0 and wl1251 for instance:

dmesg | egrep '(wlan0|wl1251)' | tail -20That may tell us more.  Are you sure that WiFi is enabled?

I am very sure that is turned on (I can see active wifi connections but when I try to connect them, it happens)
In fact, first of all I typed cat dmesg, then I tried to connect and then I typed that again. Nothing was changed. But I am going to look more when I have the time.

Have you tried the dmesg+egrep command shown above?  What is the output?

Well, not really :(. I will probably re-install Pandian. About the error, I installed a lot of packages before that happening. Instead, I will post these packages here :

Code:
build-essential libreadline-dev libssl-dev libpq5 libpq-dev libreadline5 libsqlite3-dev libpcap-dev openjdk-7-jre git-core autoconf postgresql pgadmin3 curl zlib1g-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev vncviewer libyaml-dev curl zlib1g-dev

Well, not really :(. I will probably re-install Pandian. About the error, I installed a lot of packages before that happening. Instead, I will post these packages here :

build-essential libreadline-dev libssl-dev libpq5 libpq-dev libreadline5 libsqlite3-dev libpcap-dev openjdk-7-jre git-core autoconf postgresql pgadmin3 curl zlib1g-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev vncviewer libyaml-dev curl zlib1g-dev
Are these all?  If you read earlier in the thread, you'll find that there are some upgrades from the initial installation that do break WiFi.  Do re-install and see what happens.

Is there a way to use usb otg port on the Pandian?

Edit : I re-installed the system btw and installed all these packages with no problem. The wifi still works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran a full upgrade and wifi was fine.

Well, I tried to do an upgrade (apt-get upgrade) and the system broke. Every little image turned into some kind of file not found image, touchscreen was not working, NetworkManager isn't accessible, no root terminal and so on. But I am probably going to re-install the system ^^

I think I am too unlucky... I re-installed the system and it gives 404 whenever I try to do "apt-get install". It can build the dependency tree, but can't install them. It can surf the internet problemless btw

I think I am too unlucky... I re-installed the system and it gives 404 whenever I try to do "apt-get install". It can build the dependency tree, but can't install them. It can surf the internet problemless btw

This is very strange.  Maybe show us the contents of your /etc/apt/sources.list file?  What happens when you try 'apt-get update'?

I ran a full upgrade and wifi was fine.

Good news.  When did you do this?
Probably about a week ago now.
That's good news.  It must mean that the earlier problems discussed on this thread, regarding WiFi breaking on an upgrade, have been resolved.  I may gamble and upgrade soon... or maybe not as my system is working perfectly fine as it is.

This is very strange.  Maybe show us the contents of your /etc/apt/sources.list file?  What happens when you try 'apt-get update'?
My fault. It worked on another wifi modem. But I am afraid of doing an "apt-get upgrade"

My fault. It worked on another wifi modem. But I am afraid of doing an "apt-get upgrade"
No, do not do an upgrade.  However, if you want to install anything, you need to ensure that the database is up to date so that apt knows which packages to install.  This is why you need to do

sudo apt-get updateOnce the databases are updated, you can now install whichever package you want, playing careful attention to what dependencies apt-get wishes to bring in and avoiding very low level system ones for now.

Back