pandian - 01

Good work this Pandian distro !!

I choosed this because the image is so small that my (crap) internet connection could easily download...in 3-4 hour  :(

I just installed on a 32GB SD card using Win32DiskImager (i have used my old Win XP PC for this) and all went good

I have only some drawbacks:

the language installed is only German.

the tiny icons on the window border (to close, minimize etc) are very difficult to press and also i don't know how to move window when they are too big for the screen (the XFCE method used on Pandora (L button+scroll with stylus) don't seems to work)

I have tryed this because i want to build a LAMP server directly on Pandora (i want to create websites with joomla and PHP locally on Pandora).

So to enable another language:

Open a root terminal (not the normal one) and type   dpkg-reconfigure locales

and added my language (italian) so confirm and exit the terminal and reboot the Pandian distro.

Next i done update with     apt-get update

and next installed aptitude

and then tried to follow this guide to build the LAMP server.. https://wiki.debian.org/LaMp

but when i install mysql-server package (only the server as the client goes ok) it says that is impossible to configure....(i need to check the exact error..but its too late now)

Tomorrow i'll retry to finish the installation...

Thanks for building this Distro for Pandora  :)   and hope to see the new version soon
Yeah, iam heavely working on it ( finaly, ive get now the first-use-wizzard running out from an init-script )

So well, ive get an working pandian-unstable
Great, thank you :)

How is it going with the PND support?
Honestly i was not looking until yet to the libpnd / PND-Support. I have no idea if there is a field in the xml to give the information if the app is hard-float or soft-float.

If there is no field i will delay the pnd-support and try to make some patches if necessary

So well, here is an update:

The next version: "MARK 2"

Aktual-State:

• First-Use-Wizzard:
    Setup locale
  • Setup timezone-data
  • Setup date/time
  • Setup first user
  • Setup root-password
  • Language-Support ( actually german and english )
[*]Working keymap
[*]Reworked pndcmd-script ( thanks to vandyswa for fixing the shell-command )
[*]Fix fstab-errors
[*]New webspace on openpandora ( i'am workin on the HP )
[*]Debian-Package for Touch-Screen-Calibration
[*]Debian-Package for pandian which holds all the additional scripts and functions of pandian
[*]Debian-Package for pandian-lxde which holds all the configuration for LXDE on pandian ( for those who wont like to use LXDE, just remove this package ;) )
[*]Disable Auto-Login
[*]Additional preinstalled Packages ( Package-List will comming soon for discussion )
[*]Based on debian-sid
Planned before release:

• Homepage on openpandora
  • Update Layout ( thanks KickAss for the pandian-logo   :) )
  • Debian-repository on openpandora for easy update of pandian-packages

Back