pandian - MARK3 - development

stackshadow

Incoming Call....

.. connected

Hello pandora-fans,

later than planned i can get back to the pandian projekt. Actually i build up the root-filesystem.

floating-point

Jep, also MARK3 will be hard-float

Kernel

Kernel compilation is finished and pandian boots up with it.

PND-Support

I tried this already on MARK2 but it not helps. Because of the missing hard-float support in pnd's and we have everything in debian what we need ;)

Okay, okay, i'am not against the pnd-idea. Personally i like it, to have one file to deploy an piece of software is nice. Also its an clean solution for people who are not linux-pros ;)

So this Feature is delayed or somebody else will try it ?

pandiand

The pandiand is a rewrite of the pndevmapperd, which is not finished yet and will not be placed in the first RC of pandian.

pndevmapperd will be used

first-start-wizzard

Is nearly finished, only resize of sd-card is missing :)

debian-packages

Debian packages for the main parts are finished. ( the sources will be uploaded to my github-account )

The repository setup is the next on the to-do-list

more news...

I create an account on quitter, there you can follow the actual development process

https://quitter.no/tag/pandian

Last edited by a moderator:
Things will break with a newer kernel, so you'll have use and maybe tweak some of the actual patches.

Hard-float = few PND may work, some will look ugly, most won't work.

Why don't you use the official scripts for hardware management ?

Kernel
The kernel i grab from the official pandora sources and compile it just as it is.

Later on i will try to merge to an newer kernel. Somebody tried this already ?
Got it in my TODO list (quiet long).

• Current kernel: patch to have adeos support and XENOMAI (for get real time and control for example an crazyflie nano quadcopter)
  • LTS Kernel (for example 3.14) and device tree support.

Well I managed to run a few emulators with the hard float Slackware port.

I use the ones from a rootfs for Slackware, but they should be available through some git.

I use the ones from a rootfs for Slackware, but they should be available through some git.
Hmm.. the scripts are in /usr/pandora.. not hard to find.

For my understanding the pndevmapperd do the magic. I've read  a little bit through the code and its... well... hard to find everything ( very hacky :D )

Just an example: I try to find out how the g_evmap is filled with the .scripts ... but all the vars are named like "n" and "p". Its just hard to read and understand ^^°.

Everything else looks fine to me and at the first step, i will implement the official librarys and scripts.

How its done in SL4P ? Did you use udev-rules or something else ?

Back