pandian - 01

stackshadow

pandian - 01

Heiho out there,

i have not much time after work, but i finished my first version of pandian.

An debian hard-float port only for SD-Card, based on the stable branch of debian.

( because unstable branch is actually broken )

Features:

• Hard-Float-ABI
  • ext4 Root for better performance
  • working Touch-Screen
  • working Nubs
  • Screen-Off on LID-Close
  • Low-Power-Mode ( switch to left ;) )
  • WLAN
  • Music ( with Sonata/MPD )
  • Automount
  • LXDE
  • latest open-pandora-kernel

Still to-do:

• Assistant for tzdata
  • libpnd - PND-Support
  • OpenGL not tested yet
  • Fancy logos and other graphical things

Download

Direct-Link: no more aviable, sorry the server running out of resources ._.

File Dropper: http://www.filedropper.com/pandian-stable-hf2013-09-29001

Share Online: http://www.share-online.biz/dl/TPMFFXTM2AU

md5-checksum: 2a85bbb40bbe7c6e8f92f058e150951a  pandian-stable-hf_2013-09-29.001.7z

e62d101dc708de49af1ca7743e2df2bd  pandian-stable-hf_2013-09-29.001.img

Installation

You need minimum an 2GB SD-Card.

How to install it can be found here: http://www.evilbrain.de/projects/pandian/wiki/En

and in german here: http://www.evilbrain.de/projects/pandian/wiki/de

If it not helps use the raspberrypi docu, copy of the image is the same as in Section 3.

User/Passwords

Main-User: pandian password: pandian

Root: root password: root

If you find problems or something else, just post it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably a dumb question, but what do you mean by "open things" ?

Like a todo list?

Also, how big is it, unpacked?

A well yes, open things mean "To-Do-List" or "Thins that still open, not finished" ;) ( i will edit this )

It fit's to an 2GB SD-Card. The archive is unpacked 1,8GB. So if you have an bigger card, the partitions need to be resized.

Fancy logos and other graphical things
pandian_logo.png

Fancy logos and other graphical things
Hey Binky, realy nice, can i use this image?

This looks very cool.  Your download server is having a hard time of it; would you consider making it available on P2P, perhaps

via bitlove.org?
Ah yes, ive mentioned it ;) but bitlove seems to be only support mp3 (podcasts) o_O

neverless ive upload it to share-online and i will update my post above ;)

Congratulations....

Thanks for sharing this...

Curious as to how this differs from PanDebian which I've been using....

Well, this is great! But, I'm interested in the technical details.

pandian - 01

Heiho out there,

i have not much time after work, but i finished my first version of pandian.

An debian hard-float port only for SD-Card, based on the stable branch of debian.

( because unstable branch is actually broken )
Why is unstable broken? Its working on my pandora just fine. Ok, I haven't tried to setup low power mode, but most of the things work.

Features:

• Hard-Float-ABI
  • ext4 Root for better performance
  • working Touch-Screen
  • working Nubs
  • Screen-Off on LID-Close
  • Low-Power-Mode ( switch to left ;) )
  • WLAN
  • Music ( with Sonata/MPD )
  • Automount
  • LXDE
  • latest open-pandora-kernel
How did you make ext4 work? /boot is ext2 and / is ext4? Will you write up on how you have set up the rest of these? I have an working unstable, so I'd just like to modify it so that I can too have all of this. I'll download your image, but it would be great to have the details on setup.

@smilnovi
Well, ive try to multistrap debian sid, it was not working because the package xorg-video-abi-12 is still missing

I have also an old experimental-image of debain-sid as armhf ... but it is old. Low-power-mode is working there also.

Iam waiting that this package gets out from incoming-repro

ext4

The trick with ext4 is, the u-boot bootloader loads the uImage from the first fat partition. Because the ext4-filesystem is in uImage compiled ( not as kernel module ) the Kernel can load the second partition. The information where to find the partition comes from the kernel comand-line in autoboot.txt. Nice and easy :)

and yes, i will write an how-to on my homepage ( and maybe in the pandora-wiki? )

@smilnovi

Well, ive try to multistrap debian sid, it was not working because the package xorg-video-abi-12 is still missing
Ok, I understand. I have it working with a bit older version of X, but I have seen with the last aptitude upgrade that there is an collision with these packages. I have debootstraped it somewhere around spring this year, and pandora has been working nicely.

I have also an old experimental-image of debain-sid as armhf ... but it is old. Low-power-mode is working there also.

Iam waiting that this package gets out from incoming-repro

ext4

The trick with ext4 is, the u-boot bootloader loads the uImage from the first fat partition. Because the ext4-filesystem is in uImage compiled ( not as kernel module ) the Kernel can load the second partition. The information where to find the partition comes from the kernel comand-line in autoboot.txt. Nice and easy :)
Great! :) I will check out your image and see if I can reuse your configuration. 

@sebt3:

So there is really no way to have OpenGL on Hard-Float ABI? I have found some revers engineered drivers, but haven't tried those... That is a shame...

Yeah, i'm also curious about ext4. I only succeeded with 2 partitions.
Oha, it comes trough my mind about the ext4:

In this image, there are two partitions. The first is FAT32 where the uImage and autoboot.txt is located, the second is ext4 where the root is located.

could someone pls put this on a reliable server (dragonbox or the like)?

im trying to download, but it keeps failing.

share-online takes hours.

^You could ask sswam nicely - he runs a repo mirror, so presumably has some decent server capacity

could someone pls put this on a reliable server (dragonbox or the like)?

im trying to download, but it keeps failing.

share-online takes hours.
I'am sorry for this. Its just an development-Server and it seems that the maximum amount of opening files already reached.. damn

I've uploading it to file-dropper, hope this will help.

I also increase the number of server-processes behind the proxy, this will also improve the downloads.

Back