PanDebian Issues

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
Hello everyone.

I am trying to install PanDebian and fix my Pandian sd card for about 3 months and no success. Rather than talking, I will post here some pictures.

First image is the result when I try to install Debian Wheezy Chroot. I think we already know it is a bit problematic.

Second image is the result when I try to install Debian Squeezy Chroot. I just don't understand why it can't download these packages. My internet connection is just fine (it can download Debian Wheezy without problems).

Also they all give an error like the error in the third picture.

Please help me, I am about to cry...

20151129_121131.jpg

20151129_122700.jpg

1448793495866.jpg

Hello everyone.

I am trying to install PanDebian and fix my Pandian sd card for about 3 months and no success. Rather than talking, I will post here some pictures.

First image is the result when I try to install Debian Wheezy Chroot. I think we already know it is a bit problematic.

Second image is the result when I try to install Debian Squeezy Chroot. I just don't understand why it can't download these packages. My internet connection is just fine (it can download Debian Wheezy without problems).

Also they all give an error like the error in the third picture.

Please help me, I am about to cry...

View attachment 12634

View attachment 12635

View attachment 12636

What happened after this?  Did it still keep on going or stop.  I don't think I have those warnings in the first pic, but I had the same waring in the second pic but it then installed Squeeze fine.  Do you use internal WiFi or a USB WiFi stick?  I used USB Wifi stick.

It just stopped. Then, I will try to install it using an external WiFi USB Stick (fortunately I have one ^^)

... Are you going to tell us why you nee PanDebian so badly that you've wasted 2 weeks on this already?

Hmm. I am just going to install some pentesting packages like metasploit and some coding packages like eclipse. I tried Pandian but it's just too buggy.

In the Pandora? Wouldn't that be slower?

Actually it may be faster for at least anything that needs floating point math. Hard-Float vs software used in angstrom and pandian. Of course like anything with hard-float 3D drivers are non-existant.

Actually it may be faster for at least anything that needs floating point math.

There's a difference between using the softfloat ABI and not using any FPU, though. The ABI, which is what makes the binaries incompatible to each other, only influences how float values are being passed to functions - the compiler is free to use an FPU within the affected function either way. As long as the binaries were compiled specifically for the Pandora's OMAP, you can't expect any measurable performance increase from just switching over to the hardfloat ABI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it may be faster for at least anything that needs floating point math. Hard-Float vs software used in angstrom and pandian. Of course like anything with hard-float 3D drivers are non-existant.

Well. We still don't have any solutions to this problem but I guess we don't need ^^ I will try PyraOS.

After apt-get update; apt-get upgrade my wifi stops working with 'Could not get firmware' ; the .bin is in /lib/firmware but it still gives that error. Any ideas? The only docs I can find are referring to /lib/udev/firmware.agent which does not exist and is not in udev.deb (where it should be according to debian 8 repos). 

Also upgrade gives non critical errors and does not actually wants to upgrade. 

And PyraOS or Angstrom; I think it is not very nice IMHO... I understand the need for it on Pandora (limited storage)  but that is really not needed; you can config Debian/Ubuntu to just install non critical debs on sd while critical debs are on the NAND. Just running Debian or Ubuntu, minimal versions helps them and it is far far far (did I say far) better than all this custom crap... Everything should be in mainline kernel , mainline distros so everyone is working on the same thing and we progress and don't need 2 people contributing packages while 1000s are in debian..... 

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to get Pandian running for anything I need it for like this:

I boot in Angstrom,

xhost +,

mount --bind /dev and mount --bind /proc to the Pandian image on my SD in slot 2,

chroot into Pandian,

apt-get update; apt-get upgrade; apt-get dist-upgrade,

export DISPLAY=:0.0

then I can just use all debian software while Angstrom runs and it seems quite robust and stable too  that way while, like many others, I could not upgrade without breaking it if I simply booted from SD.

Back