old nub new nub

Could we make it so they dont turn? Id like them to not turn in circles how they currently do
If the turning has some purpose then it would be nice.  What I mean is in driving games, if we turn the nub and it steers the car then that would be AWESOME! so it's like a real steering wheel  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt there's room to cram a rotary encoder into an analogue nub assembly without making the whole thing excessively large :(

So, I re-ask. Can we prevent them from spinning in circles? its incredibly irritating
How do you use the nubs? Pull from the edge, push from the side or slide with your thumb in the center? For the first two methods the spinning seems like a bad idea. For the last one not so much.

Looks great! Will there be any chance for us to simply replace the nubs on the old units with those or do they have entirely different measurements/interfaces? I'd really like to get rid of the auto calibration of the old ones.

A little off topic, but I see some details sticking up on the back corners of the broad. I am looking forward to it.

Looks great! Will there be any chance for us to simply replace the nubs on the old units with those or do they have entirely different measurements/interfaces? I'd really like to get rid of the auto calibration of the old ones.
 Nope, won't work. The hall sensor would need to be on the lower side of the PCB.

And physically, they would need some hacking around, the solder pads are different, etc.

A hack WOULD be possible in theory (these nubs simply use i2c), but quite hard to do properly.

A little off topic, but I see some details sticking up on the back corners of the broad. I am looking forward to it.
Heh, yeah... this section has changed a lot (that video is about 2 months old), but yes, I'm planning four shoulder buttons ;)

^

Stop getting my hopes up, ED! My money can not escape from my wallet fast enough, I guess I just have to push back buying a new graphics card.

4 shoulder buttons is great, pandora's shoulder buttons feels a bit loose and clicky so getting rid off these makes me happy. (they are quite hard to press; this is especially annoying in games that requires you to push those as fast as you can)

Anyway, these new nub is a huge step forward, surely you have something planned for the keyboard as well? Wink Wink

As ED said, the video is two months old. According to the video, it has a 4 row keyboard with 19 keys unassigned (6 on top, 3 between the nubs, 4 right, 4 left, 1 at '-' and 1 at ','). These keys will be used up for space, enter, backspace, shift, control, metro keys, and special characters. 

Thanks ED for listening to the community on the 4 shoulder buttons. I just hope we can use the shoulders for the four modifier keys(shift, control, alt, function). The function key would be the most challenging, since function is not a keyboard key and we need to use it for gaming controls as well.

Lets not stray too far off topic. The nubs look fine, but they need some padding, that bare stick looks uncomfortable... :)

Back