Release FreeSpace 2

For those who don't have the full game, I have put a Demo PND Ready2Run here. The Demo feature an advanced level inside a nebula (beside a skipable training), with lots of action, big ship, and many fighter. It's not an original level, but will give you a good taste of what Freespace 2 can be.

preview4.png

Just downloaded and it works perfectly....had to type in 'Callson' to open....i do not know why??

Works beautifully though.

Only small gripe is the nub inversion. Could not alter from main menu.

Did nub option first before opening the game....L mouse R button.

A stellar game!!!!!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Just downloaded and it works perfectly....had to type in 'Callson' to open....i do not know why??

Works beautifully though.

Only small gripe is the nub inversion. Could not alter from main menu.

Did nub option first before opening the game....L mouse R button.

A stellar game!!!!!

Thanks.
Oh, the nub configuration didn't worked? Can you check in your appdata/freespace2_demo/home if you see a ".nubs_config" file (without the quotes), and if yes, what's inside (it's a simple text file)?

Just a 'home' folder...empty.

Last edited:
Just a Home folder...empty.
Beware, the file is hidden (all files starting with "." are).

You can also create the file manually. Just create the .nub_config file, using mousepad for example, and put "2" (without the quote) inside to have mouse on left nubs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a Home folder...empty.
Beware, the file is hidden (all files starting with "." are).

You can also create the file manually. Just create the .nub_config file, using mousepad for example, and put "2" (without the quote) inside to have mouse on left nubs.
Done

Working fine now.

Thank you for your assistance. ;)

Last edited:
New Experimental build on the Repo.

I have put the same type of controls that what can be found on my other FPS (sorry loonie, shoulders are hardcoded as mouse buttons now, I haven't though of the config yet).

Please test the new control scheme. If it's better, I'll update the others build (freesapce 1 & the demos).

Don't forget to bind the Nub, like in this screen: freespace2config.png

Build 05

----------

• Removed menu to select nub configuration
  • Nub config is now driven by the left_nub and right_nub files
  • Mouse button hardwired to Right & Left Shoulders
  • NUb as Joystick is now usable as Z & Rx axis (to  Throttle and Rotate)
  • Rompiled the code, should be a bit faster.

So, beside the shoulder button altering for Loonie, does someone tested the new control scheme? Will it worth putting it in the other freespace PND?

Ok, new build, with the possibility to NOT use shoulder as mousebutton for @Loonie. But beware, by using this function, if you don't have any mouse connected, you will have no way to click inside the game :wacko:

Build 06

----------

• Added option to Not have mouse button on Shoulder: create a .noshouldermb file in apdata/freespace2
  • Compatible with latest Video Drivers

Please report about the new control possibility if you care. I'll updates the other build (demo and FS1) this week probably.

Last edited by a moderator:
An easy solution. Thank you kindly. I shall test at the next available opportunity.

Back