Release FreeSpace: The Great War

I have 3 pandoras indeed, one of each model, but I use mainly the Gigahertz now, and my sons are using the other two. Loic2003 is using the Rebirth to play with coding, and alexandre the CC to play, and do some c4a scores ;) .

I test new releases on the CC (exept those beta of Freescape/Freescape 2 beacuase of the lack of time in my side), and sometime I est on the Rebirth too.

I don't cross compile, but many times I have 2 compilation at the same time. One long, and a shorter one. Freescape is not a long a compile. A make celan && make take 5 min to complete...

Last edited by a moderator:
New build on the repo.

I corrected Red and Blue channel on the texture, and implemented layout from cube48 as default controls.

Also, I forced nubs to FPS controls, so nubs can be used on menu screen (touchscreen not usable in this game).

History log

=========

Build 02

----------

• Corrected texture Red/Blue that was inversed before
  • Default setting adapted to the Pandora
  • Force left nub as mouse buttons, right nub as mouse.
  • corrected a typo in the data text file

New build on the repo, in sync with FreeSpace 2 build.

Build 03

----------

• Corrected a bug with key label
  • Corrected a bug with Custom Pandora control that prevented tutorial to be completed.

New build on the repo. No recompilation, just a new menu to change default Nub configuration.

Also, I added the powervr.ini file, that may lead to some performance increase.

Build 04

----------

• Added a menu to select nub configuration

For me the nub configuration defaults to right nub mouse and left nub button...no matter what setting  :(

I prefer left nub as mouse and right nub as button as I use this regularly on my Pandora.

Ok, my mistake, I added menu, variables, and just forgot to really set the nubs ;(

Fixed now.

Build 05

----------

• Fixed the nub configuration

I can report the nub configuration works perfectly for me now.... Both 1&2 Freespace.

Thanks again ptitSeb.

Last edited:
I've just re-downloaded Freespace 1, but don't get any action out of the left nub. Freespace 2 works beautifully. Anyone have any suggestions?

Look at the pnd_out, there may be some hint on what's going on, but that's very strange, both latest verison of Freespace 1 & 2 share many things...

Just tried hooking a mouse up to it, the left and right buttons seem to both get reported as button "1", rather than "0" and "1". The middle button reports "2" as expected.

Merci Ptitseb! Awesome looking games... Are the in-game videos supposed to show? I don't see any, like the intro one and was just wondering if it was just my case.

Just tried hooking a mouse up to it, the left and right buttons seem to both get reported as button "1", rather than "0" and "1". The middle button reports "2" as expected.
Yes, I have noticed that. Don't know why, and haven't looked much in the code. Maybe a typo somewhere.

Merci Ptitseb! Awesome looking games... Are the in-game videos supposed to show? I don't see any, like the intro one and was just wondering if it was just my case.
I have videos. But I have seen on an early post (here or on FreeSpace 2 thread, don't remember) that GoG version have the video files in some subfolder, where they should be inside main folder for the Disc version.

Cool thx for this.

I own Freespace but this is for many People interresting who want to try it out :)

btw: i dont found my Freespace 2 ,must buy it again :D

Added source diff in #1 post.

I used a "HAVE_GLES" and "PANDORA" and #ifdef #endif in the code, so it can also be used to port to other GLES platform with a minimal effort (mainly creation of EGL context probably).

Also, Freespace & Freespace2 (and the demos) share the same sources, with different #define...

Back