Nubs and a Schedule (2010-11-04)

Another quick update:

First nubs have arrived at the board factory, will be soldered to the boards and tested.

The rest (all needed ones) should follow soon.

Another quick update:

First nubs have arrived at the board factory, will be soldered to the boards and tested.

The rest (all needed ones) should follow soon.
Thanks, they are almost on schedule then. Is that only the first 100 nubs or is it in thousands?

Thanks, they are almost on schedule then. Is that only the first 100 nubs or is it in thousands?

I don't know the exact number, but I think it's only 200 to make sure they really work.

They will be placed on retail boards, so those at least will be some real new units then.

If they work without any problems, the rest of the nubs should follow next week.

We tried to get more samples to have higher amount of units to build, but the nub company is being triple careful (well, no wonder, they already scrapped 20.000 nubs, now they want to do any check they can to make sure they are fine). I also think it's a good idea - more broken nubs on the next few thousand boards would surely mean the end of the Pandora, and that's something we all don't want (hopefully :D ))

So this week only 200 boards will be tested? If these are ok will they be send to the UK to start assembly on the 24th? And will the remaining be produced and tested the week after?

So this week only 200 boards will be tested? If these are ok will they be send to the UK to start assembly on the 24th? And will the remaining be produced and tested the week after?
More like 100 boards. 2 nubs on each!

Even if they don't ship as a separate batch, it helps to pipe-clean the flow.

I don't know the exact number, but I think it's only 200 to make sure they really work.

They will be placed on retail boards, so those at least will be some real new units then.

If they work without any problems, the rest of the nubs should follow next week.
So essentially we're one week behind the official schedule.

I'm starting to get hopeful that at least 1000 boards can be shipped before christmas. Fingers crossed.

not too bad then, it's only a week :p
You know as well as I do that each step in the process will have some delays, I think this post was bad news for the people late in the first batch. Nevertheless, it has been worse and it indicates that at least the nub factory is putting in some effort.

I'm starting to get hopeful that at least 1000 boards can be shipped before christmas. Fingers crossed.
Yeah me too. There's quite some chance that my unit is in the next 1000. I guess there is still some hope left in Pandoras box :D

Being at 550-650 there is a chance that I would get it before Christmas, maybe even in 1 month sound a bit unreal though after more than 2 years of waiting :)

Are all the nubs going to the board company,

what would happen to people who needed replacements, would the entire board be replaced or does craig ( or somebody in UK) have the skills and equipment to re-solder a new set of nubs on)

FYI: End of next week is the Thanksgiving holiday in the US. Don't expect much work to get done.

Awww. I was really hoping on getting my unit before the end of the year. Still, there's always April 16th. And my birthday. And then Christmas next year...

FYI: End of next week is the Thanksgiving holiday in the US. Don't expect much work to get done.

Yeah, they had those few days in the schedule as well :)

That's why the last boards should ship mid-December while the rest were planned in a 1,5 week-schedule.

What's the status on the last 1000 cases from batch one? They're still in China, right?

Back