Nubs and a Schedule (2010-11-04)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
A few days have passed and we got some more informations.

The test mass production run of the nubs is currently running and the first 100 nubs are being tested right now.

The real mass production should be happening next week and the first shipment is due to arrive in Texas November 10th / 11th.

Also, it seems like hinting the board production company we might move to a new site made them wake up.

They are planning the delivery in three batches.

It takes a little more than a week to solder 2000 nubs on 1000 boards (and test them), the first shipment of 1000 boards therefore is scheduled for November 24th.

(More exact: Installing the nubs will happen from November 15th to November 19th, testing from November 16th to November 22nd, packaging those up will happen November 23rd).

The second shipment of 1000 boards is scheduled for December 1st and the third shipment for December 15th.

We didn't sell 4000 units (as that would be totally crazy, you always have to keep some for RMAs), so it could be that most of you will have their unit just before christmas, while the last few ones will follow shortly after.

Please note: This is the schedule from the board production company, not our estimations. It sounds doable though and we never got such a nice and clean schedule about the planned production yet.

Let's all hope for a smooth ride... would really ease my (and the rest of the teams) mind :)

We didn't sell 4000 units (as that would be totally crazy, you always have to keep some for RMAs), so it could be that most of you will have their unit just before christmas, while the last few ones will follow shortly after.

Can you clarify this statement?

Like, you didn't sell 4000 units in batch 1, or?.. I'm confused. Like, will batch 2:ers get their units before x-mas too?

A few days have passed and we got some more informations.

The test mass production run of the nubs is currently running and the first 100 nubs are being tested right now.

The real mass production should be happening next week and the first shipment is due to arrive in Texas November 10th / 11th.

Also, it seems like hinting the board production company we might move to a new site made them wake up.

It takes a little more than a week to solder 2000 nubs on 1000 boards (and test them), the first shipment of 1000 boards therefore is scheduled for November 24th.

(More exact: Installing the nubs will happen from November 15th to November 19th, testing from November 16th to November 22nd, packaging those up will happen November 23rd).

The second shipment of 1000 boards is scheduled for December 1st and the third shipment for December 15th.

Please note: This is the schedule from the board production company, not our estimations. It sounds doable though and we never got such a nice and clean schedule about the planned production yet.

Let's all hope for a smooth ride... would really ease my (and the rest of the teams) mind :)
So you are saying that Batch 1 and Batch 2 Preorders will be combined in the remains of Batch 1? Other than the last 100 or so?

Peace & Pandora,

Link

PS GREAT NEWS if it holds true

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I complain about the delays in production, I probably won't be able to use my unit much before January anyway. But this is great news.

Thumbs up for the board company seeing the light.

sounds like you finally got a production planner on the line, not a sales advisor.

@EvilDragon

Given all these dates are true, when do you expect your shop to be resupplied?

Thumbs up for the board company seeing the light.

sounds like you finally got a production planner on the line, not a sales advisor.

@EvilDragon

Given all these dates are true, when do you expect your shop to be resupplied?

Probably early December. If they ship on 24th, they will probably arrive in UK on 29th and be built there.

If they're fast, they could send me the units on December 6th till December 8th, I guess.

That would be 250 units, almost half of the ones I still have to deliver :)

Glad to hear they're taking you more seriously. I hope to _see_ these 1000 boards soon.

I'm glad it's moving along again but jeeeeez this is taking forever

Thanks for the update Ed -

But what is the chance of us getting a "definitive" yes or no statement on the rest of batch 1 deliveries before Xmas? i suspect i already know the answer, but if you will pardon the expression it's best to hear from the horses mouth.

I'm sure i am not the only one who has plans to go away for the Xmas period, and would most likely postpone/change my plans around the imminent delivery of my Pandora.

Thanks for the update Ed -

But what is the chance of us getting a "definitive" yes or no statement on the rest of batch 1 deliveries before Xmas? i suspect i already know the answer, but if you will pardon the expression it's best to hear from the horses mouth.

I'm sure i am not the only one who has plans to go away for the Xmas period, and would most likely postpone/change my plans around the imminent delivery of my Pandora.
I'd be pounding on village hall door if I was in the UK, help them build that next 1000 that come in :)

You probably have responsibilities whereas I have video games, kayaking, my girlfriend, and flowers.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Great news.

just trying to get a bit of confirmation here; are you saying all of batch 1 and most of batch 2 are expected before Christmas?

If so, I may just do a little happy dance :D

ED said clearly that there will be 3 shipments of 1000 boards between November and December, completing the first 4000 units of batch one. You won't be seeing batch 2 until after Christmas.

Thanks ever so much for being transparent during this whole production process. I feel like any investment value I may have lost during this long wait time is paid back in full and more by the awesome, prompt, courageous, and straight-forward status updates. Beyond just updates, I'm sure the Open Pandora team can rival any other company or team in the world with your much appreciated enthusiasm for openness. This sense of openness has very real value for me. I'm also personally inspired by your perseverance through innumerable challenges.

Thanks again, keep up the good work, and I, as a 1st batch customer, never regret my decision to invest in this project, and would do it all again.

If that volcano gets all uppity and the air traffic gets messed up again just before an important shipment, I'm gonna laugh so hard :D . And then I'm gonna weep :(

Back