(N64 Emu) Mupen64plus 2.0

There you go he's back you know your stuff and i know you can do it,i hope you get the rice plugin ready soon.

The plugins that mupen had weren't very great but they did the job,so what's the difference in the rice plugin,would it able to play more games or would it be the same.
There are a few titles that work better in rice, I can't comment on the performance on the Pandora but compatibility should be similiar to rice on other devices. There is a texture issue only affecting PowerVR chipsets that I haven't been able to fix as I don't have a PowerVR device. I posted some ideas that might help track the problem down, it may just be a simple shader precsion issue.

Conkers Bad Fur Day - This is supported in rice but runs too slow on devices faster than the Pandora

Wipeout 64 - Menus work with rice whereas they don't seem to on gles2n64.

Yoshi's Story - This has some glitches but is playable. I assume gles2n64 has similar missing background issues on the Pandora?

I seem to recall some have commented that there are text problems in translated versions of Animal Crossing that are fixed in rice.

Paper Mario is a title I want to get working, currently the start of the game is ok but flickering happens shortly after.

There are probably some titles I've missed or don't know about.

Rice also supports high res texture replacement. :)

Stradian, be sure to copy all the cfg and ini files for the emu and plugins, the console printout above says missing rom database plus rice crashes without RiceVideoLinux.ini

Looking forward to seeing it run on the Pandora and interested at how it performs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conker actually runs okay on the PSP suprisingly.

Yoshi's Story requires S2DEX as explained in another thread, Gles2n64 did not have this implemented.. You'll find that Space Station Silicon Valley does not work as expected either.

Paper Mario has issues with flickering due to possibly texture update or something.

This is why we need a customisable menu and individual options that we can enable on a per game basis. It will take some time to test every game (I've done it numerous times) and its a pain.

Daedalus has some OS HLE routines that are used in conker I think, one of the many things I want to look into at some stage.

I thought the problems in Yoshi's Story were framebuffer problems, there is code for S2DEX perhaps it's incomplete. It works ok in rice anyway.

Do you know how notaz's audio plugin compares to the standard SDL one? 1964 has support for MusyX which would be nice to port over at some stage.

Good news: I have rice functioning with the core.

Bad news: I borked something with the dynarec. I'll fix this soon.

Daedalus has some OS HLE routines that are used in conker I think, one of the many things I want to look into at some stage.

I thought the problems in Yoshi's Story were framebuffer problems, there is code for S2DEX perhaps it's incomplete. It works ok in rice anyway.

Do you know how notaz's audio plugin compares to the standard SDL one? 1964 has support for MusyX which would be nice to port over at some stage.

That too. I could get Salvy or Corn to provide info or just visiti #daedalus-x64 on freenode and theyll probably be there

I didn't see it, but I heard it. I have mupen 2.0 working with sound. no video output yet.

I know I said I had rice working, It is working. I just need to rewrite how the screen is drawn.

Hey Stradian, sorry i completely forgot about the plugins i've promised, as i'll go search for the source codes of it, would you still need them?

Well, I went ahead and scraped the work on the 1.94 version and transitioned my efforts on the 1.95 version. I been busy this week and I am still very busy.

So how about them mupens..

I think the rage quit posts should stay as it's good for history of the situation, but can they be branched into a thread in the offtopic section?

just like to see this thread back on focus.

I've split out sukhiextreme/ocean/Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars' posts, and the replies to them. They are now located here. I'll deal with the rest over there. Sorry for the disruption.

So how about them mupens..

I think the rage quit posts should stay as it's good for history of the situation, but can they be branched into a thread in the offtopic section?

just like to see this thread back on focus.

Back to focus. FINALLY.

I was so angered about those onther stuff I don't want to mention any more.

Well, I went ahead and scraped the work on the 1.94 version and transitioned my efforts on the 1.95 version. I been busy this week and I am still very busy.
Great to get some sign from you that shows me you're still having fun with Mupen :D

I've split out sukhiextreme/ocean/Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars' posts, and the replies to them. They are now located here. I'll deal with the rest over there. Sorry for the disruption.

THANKS.

Stradian surely will be happy, too.

At least we could supppotr him to show some interest in his work and not discuss such topics as it happened before.

Stradian, you have at least one fan :wub: .

More than just one fan :D

Some of us have only just seen this post.

Stradian, congrats on your progress so far, really looking forward to seeing this in action.

@ Stradian:

As you know I'm verry interested in N64 emulation :D .

There's no news from you since a month and I don't know what to think.

Have you chancelled the project for a while or do you still work?

One little sign would be enough.

I just want to know if there's still hope or not.

@ Stradian:

Stradian hasn't been on the boards since the 17th of this month, so he could just be busy with real-life stuff.

@ Stradian:

Stradian hasn't been on the boards since the 17th of this month, so he could just be busy with real-life stuff.

That's right but his last post here was on 31 of March.

I just want to keep this topic alive ;) and 1-2 lines form Stradian about the current status.

It's simply because N64 is one of the main features of my Pandora (as far as it works) and I was so happy to hear about someone going on working on Mupen 64.

Back